• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Cavs get love.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys going to bitch about this as you did when Lebron joined Wade/Bosh in Miami? Or are you guys going to be hypocrites and approve this move?

I though the reason Lebron was leaving Miami was to prove that he didn't 2 other All Stars to win a title

BTW please don't move this thread as I don't want to get it mixed up with the offseason post.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think this big 3 is better than Miami's big 3.

Love is obviously way better than Bosh.

Kyrie is probably better (at least consistently) on offense than Wade the last 2 seasons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I just stated

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think this big 3 is better than Miami's big 3.

Love is obviously way better than Bosh.

Kyrie is probably better (at least consistently) on offense than Wade the last 2 seasons.

no....

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys going to bitch about this as you did when Lebron joined Wade/Bosh in Miami? Or are you guys going to be hypocrites and approve this move?

I though the reason Lebron was leaving Miami was to prove that he didn't 2 other All Stars to win a title

BTW please don't move this thread as I don't want to get it mixed up with the offseason post.

They moved my thread, which i actually tried and did research and put effort on.... And then someone deleted it even in mention on the NBA board so no one even fucking knows it exists. But i just think someone wanted to mutherfuck me for some reason hehe. :lame:

Anyway, the difference is that he joined a team with only one other star.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. He can do more on offense and is a better rebounder. Bosh one advantage is he is probably a better defender

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They moved my thread, which i actually tried and did research and put effort on.... And then someone deleted it even in mention on the NBA board so no one even fucking knows it exists. But i just think someone wanted to mutherfuck me for some reason hehe. :lame:

Anyway, the difference is that he joined a team with only one other star.

Bullshit. You don't think he mentioned bringing Love there in his meeting? It just is not happening as fast as it did in 2010 because Love is under contract. I think the same thing happened in 2010. He probably told Riley if he's able to bring Amare/Bosh that he will join them. Notice in his letter he never mentioned Wiggins but he did mentioned Kyrie, Tristan, and etc. He probably told them to get rid of Wiggins to get Love

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You don't think he mentioned bringing Love there in his meeting? It just is not happening as fast as it did in 2010 because Love is under contract. I think the same thing happened in 2010. He probably told Riley if he's able to bring Amare/Bosh that he will join them. Notice in his letter he never mentioned Wiggins but he did mentioned Kyrie, Tristan, and etc. He probably told them to get rid of Wiggins to get Love

How the fuck are we going to prove that bro?

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now before admins take me to the superthread, i think this stands on its own.

Also, before anyone goes, Kobe this or Jordan that, this thread is not about them. As was the case with Bryant and Jordan, its time for Lebron to have his own spotlight in the individual legacy category. So for your amusement...

==================================================================

So where we at with Lebrons legacy anyway?

Here we had this highly touted kid, from AKRON, OHIO. From where? Alright whatever. Hes going to be the next what? Hes good enough to be the next who? Alright lets take a look at this kid. Hes pretty good. When he first came into the league for such a young cat he put up some good numbers. Nothing special though. How many rooks have done that and been long forgotten since? Alright. So he started to grow into a man, and his physical gifts became apparent. He transformed into a physical specimen, and he used it to the fullest. Then the basketball IQ came along and watch out! This kid can score, rebound, and pass? Not bad, not bad. He became a god in Cleveland. I mean an absolute sports god. Everyone in Ohio i can imagine wanted to see Lebron. Lebron helped put the NBA back on the Pop culture map. He was awe inspiring and polarizing, as many great talents are. He was also tremendous dunker, and we all love our tremendous dunks.

So he has it all, fame, money, talent. But i think it all started to weight on him. Did anybody read the letter he wrote in SI? He wanted out of Cleveland. He made that abundantly clear.

"Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left."

I think the pressure got to Lebron to be honest. And he ran. And i think he knows he ran. But who hasn't right? He was a young kid. I don't blame him. I always thought the reason he did "The decision" on live TV was because he was young and dumb. Just a dumb young kid. A kid who was a millionaire, the "KING", and could do no wrong. Everyone loved him. I mean they called him "King James" for shitfucks sake. Isn't funny though, how love can make a person run?

If he would have won 1 title in Cleveland it would have been worth the 6 he promised for Miami. So what was his decision? He ran to where he could win the quickest and easiest way. The Heat at the time where really the only place he could have done so with roster make ups around the league at the time. He turned his back on that city. On that state. The people that loved him and worshiped him. The city of Cleveland especially loved him. It devastated the local economy when he left. He didn't just leave, the left dust and ashes in his wake. Talk about pressure. He choose winning over loyalty. I know its a business, and he has his rights. But WHO forced his hand? Who made him make his "Decision".

Obviously for Lebron James, it was not about commitment. It wasn't about commitment for the city of Cleveland, and it wasn't about commitment for the city of Miami. He obviously was really confused, by his
"Decisions" and as his "Letter" clearly indicates.

His situation is most unique i must say. He had it all already, and in the city he could most closely call home, but he needed more.

The stories about how much Cleveland loved Lebron are legendary. The one i always remember are how people FLYING OVER THE CITY could see the huge banners that covered entire skyscrapers with the words

"WITNESS"

What more can i say?

Millions upon millions were lost.

So Lebron was right....

"People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now."

I think he was disappointed in himself. I also think he felt the disappointment from the people of Ohio. In some strange way maybe he just didn't want to disappoint them anymore eh? He felt the pressure and needed to win. I dont think it was the pressure of being an all time great. No not at all. How many times does Lebron have to prove to the world? The "Decision", this letter, his lack of wanting to step up to the MOMENT so that we may all WITNESS. It was an unfair pressure of being so beloved, so highly touted, so talented, that it became almost mythical.

In an interview before the end of the season of 2009-10 he said,

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

James also was asked what he could say to the people in Cleveland, and it was noteworthy that he used the past tense in saying "We had a great time together."

Today? Today hes a proven winner. But backed by what? Proven that he needs to win with 2 other Superstars? He had a much shitter roster in Cleveland, that much is certain. But his rosters in Miami were not even on the same planet. So it goes both ways.

When he left Cleveland he was nothing more then a proven loser. Its harsh i know, but it fits enough for me. Todays scenarios look like he can lure, rather then be lured. Promise, rather then be promised. In fact, in some ways Lebron has more power then ever in Cleveland. And he owes that to Miami.

We are not going to compare him to the greats. He belongs in the talent/Numbers comparison. Sure. But the winning is what puts you up with the all timers. How many greats played the game in the past, yesteryear, and present that we simply forget? I mean if Charles Barkley wasn't on TV i would have forgotten the mutherfucker if not for the occasional Phoenix fan and drunken all time great ramblings im sure we all have been a part of. Besides his career is far from over.

I dont think Lebron James wants to be the greatest of all time. I dont think that at all. He just doesnt show me he does. I still dont understand why he left Miami. I thought u wanted to win James? Now you want to do whats right? Is that really what this is all about? I really dont know what to make of "decision 2.0". Now hes done to Miami what he did to Cleveland. But in the end, in peoples eyes the NBA world over, "Home" is much more important then "Home away from home".

The saddest part about all this is that Lebrons legacy is not about winning. Its not about losing. Its not about stats. Its not about titles. Its not even about being an all time great.

Its about his mentality.

And that part his character has been ravaged by many people far and wide.

Cause when the going gets tough, Lebron gets............ the fuck outta there?

Lebrons only chance at redemption is us seeing a Lebron we have never seen before.

And im not sure that will ever happen.

But one thing is for certain, 1 title in Cleveland will mean more then any other title in NBA history in my eyes.

Goodluck Cleveland!

In the aforementioned thread, which no body ever saw, i stated .....

"Today? Today hes a proven winner. But backed by what? Proven that he needs to win with 2 other Superstars? He had a much shitter roster in Cleveland, that much is certain. But his rosters in Miami were not even on the same planet. So it goes both ways.

When he left Cleveland he was nothing more then a proven loser. Its harsh i know, but it fits enough for me. Todays scenarios look like he can lure, rather then be lured. Promise, rather then be promised. In fact, in some ways Lebron has more power then ever in Cleveland. And he owes that to Miami."

I mean its a whole different ballgame now. Its all just a mish mashed mess. Do i think he said to management that he wants another star on the team? Sure. But i cant prove it. Did he say he knew it was going to take time? Yup. Did he sign a 2 year contract with a 1 year opt out? Yeah. Its all weird, but that 1 year opt out seems to be making a lot more sense now. Maybe they do want to trade Wiggins and try to win now.....

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. He can do more on offense and is a better rebounder. Bosh one advantage is he is probably a better defender

love is a better 3 pt shooter and rebounder. bosh is better at everything else

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw bK, you should be mad. I would be pissed too. The entire reason Lebron went to Miami was to win titles. And he did. Then he left. To a lottery team at that. So seriously, fuck Lebron lol. The only investment i have in LBJ is the incessant arguments that hes better then Kobe. I will take prime Kobe over Prime LBJ anyday.

Just sayin

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, to answer the original question, it'd be different from the way Miami's big 3 formed...BUT I once said that Lebron would get knocked down a peg(just my personal opinion) if he jumped to yet another team in his prime looking to form another star studded big 3 and I stand by that. Now maybe he knew that Cleveland would trade Wiggins(he left him out of the letter), or maybe he didn't. As for this big three being better than Miami's big three, I'm not so sure about that. The thing is this, they knew what to do in the playoffs. Love and Kyrie have never been. It may take them awhile before they "learn the ropes" and make this a viable title contending team....because at this point I'm taking any Western contending team over them. Over time, they'll get there....Love is better than Bosh, and while I like Kyrie, he has parts in his game that he really needs to work on. Also, who's gonna play defense? Lebron is gonna have to guard just about everyone unless Kyrie and Love are gonna turn it around on defense. I don't have an opinion either way but that's why I'm not really against the idea of waiting it out with Wiggins. That guy is gonna be good and he can already play defense. Lastly, how long is Kyrie Irving gonna want to play the D-Wade role? It's going to be a long time before Irving will be regarded as better than Lebron, and he's also not as good an off the ball player as Wade was...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami big 3 would be a better defensive 3 but the Cavs big 3 takes the cake when it comes to putting up offensive numbers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense to LBJ and what he did for Miami the last 4 years but if you're going to leave Miami, why leave and form another 3. Why not try to win with the current roster which is obviously pretty good with the only star being Kyrie and truth be told I'm not sure he's even a star

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck are we going to prove that bro?

Naming % s is stupid, but there should be no question that James told Gilbert that he needed to offer a package which included Wiggins for Love if the Wolves called their bluff of saying they wouldn't include him.

James is making every decision right down the roster, and will continue to do so.

Gilbert is essentially his bitch, but for the money James will generate him, I can't say I really blame Gilbert.

Gilbert's own decisions ( basketball related) have been horrible anyway, so he probably doesn't even care.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wont have same effect as the the 2 hour special. but in my eyes its all been gifted by the league...should they go on to multi championships I will say its becaused Cleveland got bailed out with picks. im not so sure LeBron even goes to Cleveland without wiggins being selected.

maybe he still does but the #9 pick vonleh wouldn't have been enough to get love.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense to LBJ and what he did for Miami the last 4 years but if you're going to leave Miami, why leave and form another 3. Why not try to win with the current roster which is obviously pretty good with the only star being Kyrie and truth be told I'm not sure he's even a star

still in early stages maybe this doesn't go down...im sure this will get GS back in the running...throw in klay Thompson..whatever...but if it does...it sets up the theory that LeBron has needed multiple all stars to win rings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a player/GM/Owner for the Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not in his DNA.
He wants to be on the Globetrotters and play the Washington Generals every night, which is fine,
but it's also why many of his detractors feel like they do.

Heat fans always knew why all other fan bases wanted him to fail.
All we have done now is switched places with the Cavs fans.
He's still got 29/30 rooting against him.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be fooled, he was colluding again when he rejoined the Cavs with all those #1 picks. Plus, he new other stars would join him.