• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to do with his percentage being better. With the line being closer he would have been chased off the 3 point line more when attempting a three then with the line moved back.

I actually kind of see the logic in that.

Still doesn't change my opinion. Not sure if this is an expert troll or if it's your legitimate stance but no point in arguing further.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan averaged 37 a game in an era without shooting the 3 ball, more physical play and no handcheck rule.

But all of a sudden because he can't hit a three (when that wasn't even a part of his game) he's not going to be able to do that. In an NBA where if you breathe on the offensive player it's a foul?

I don't see the logic.

Jordan certainly was a chucker but didn't chuck from the 3 point line....I wonder why?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan benefited from a weak watered down expansion era...He didn't have to play super teams with 3/4 stars...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not biased.

giphy.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan benefited from a weak watered down expansion era...He didn't have to play super teams with 3/4 stars...
Yeah, that watered down Dream Team era...

Those Finals teams he played were pretty darn good

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record,

I do not like the style of play from the 90s compared to today’s style.

But like I said, Jordan was not going up against Dumars. He was going up up against Dumars and a team full of hooligans ready to crush him on every drive.

No, modern players do not have to deal with anything close to that for 2 reasons:

1) the NBA correctly legislated out the hard non-basketball play fouls
2) there are far more shooters on the court today spreading the floor and making defenses pay for overhelping on rim attacks.

So no. A player like Harden for example does not face anywhere near the level of resistance at the rim that Jordan did in his prime.

The amount of contact Jordan received on a game to game basis is highly exaggerated. He was so coddled by the refs that you couldn't breathe on the man without getting called for a foul. Magic even made a joke about it in a photo session. People see the same tired old clips of him getting hacked and they think it was all the time. Classic brainwashing.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is considered close to Jordan, yet there are plenty of players in the NBA as good as Lebron or close currently. Nobody was close to Jordan because their was no talent in his era. Lebron next best player is Durant. What superstar was as good as Durant or the 4 star GS warriors team...during Jordans tenuor? John Stockton? Karl Malone? Dannie Ainge? Shawn Kemp? Out of shape Barkley? The Portland Trailblazzers? His finals opponents where a list of whos who of scrubs

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could learn something from Brady Bunch and a woman's place.

You know what a woman is? Didn't think a lot would willingly venture down that musky basement of yours.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of contact Jordan received on a game to game basis is highly exaggerated. He was so coddled by the refs that you couldn't breathe on the man without getting called for a foul. Magic even made a joke about it in a photo session. People see the same tired old clips of him getting hacked and they think it was all the time. Classic brainwashing.

It is less about the contact Jordan took and more about the floor spacing.

Floor spacing is WAAAAYYYY better today.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would be todays James Harden

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what a woman is? Didn't think a lot would willingly venture down that musky basement of yours.

Don't worry, kiddo, I have no trouble with the ladies.

Last edited:

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is less about the contact Jordan took and more about the floor spacing.

Floor spacing is WAAAAYYYY better today.

That's true, it would be interesting to see how that would play out with Jordan's game.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ShaqDaddy needs to change her avatar to something more appropriate.

1950s-housewife-600x854.jpg