• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If Mahomes and the Chiefs 3-peat will Mahomes be the GOAT QB?

If the Chiefs and Mahomes 3-peat will he be the GOAT?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate football

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for college and pro football to start.

Let's go!!!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, it largely punctures the invincibility aura Brady enjoys simply for rings. Someone demonstrating it’s quite possible by itself opens it up to stats, and frankly Brady is gonna lose that argument outside of volume and era cope to Mahomes.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 17,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My no vote is a “not yet”. Brady in the clubhouse and Mahomes still playing the round. Too much football left. Let me see it all.
As a Raider fan, I hate to say this but IMO it's yes.

He will have accomplished something Brady never did with a 3-peat. And at just 29 (bday is in September) he will have time to get even more.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Raider fan, I hate to say this but IMO it's yes.

He will have accomplished something Brady never did with a 3-peat. And at just 29 (bday is in September) he will have time to get even more.
I just think we are too quick to anoint people. Why? What’s the point? Let it all play out. I also was slow to relent on Brady being the GOAT over Montana until Brady had earned that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 17,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we are too quick to anoint people. Why? What’s the point? Let it all play out. I also was slow to relent on Brady being the GOAT over Montana until Brady had earned that.
It's a sports message board, it's what we do.

LOL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sports message board, it's what we do.

LOL.
I mean I don’t hate the idea of the conversation. I’m just saying too soon but he’s got a great chance of being the GOAT when he’s done.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, it largely punctures the invincibility aura Brady enjoys simply for rings. Someone demonstrating it’s quite possible by itself opens it up to stats, and frankly Brady is gonna lose that argument outside of volume and era cope to Mahomes.
Brady loses nothing in this discussion.
He is the GOAT and if Mahommes does some things that Brady did not, it does not make him better.
If Mahommes does most everything Brady did and equals most of his records, Brady still did it 1st.
Patrick is still a young man, give him time before calling him GOAT.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 17,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the new Brady vs Manning and to be honest, that discussion was never really worthy.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet - I think Mahomes will have to win a couple more Super Bowls before we can put him with Brady, Brady’s 7 Super Bowl wins is just an amazing number. I think Mahomes clearly moves into second place in the all time QB rankings if they do a 3-peat, hell I think he’s already the second best ever. I think Mahomes may very well go down as the GOAT when it’s all said and done, but right now Brady is still the GOAT.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly suspect this will be like a Gronk vs Kelce debate eventually where one player will have longevity and the other player the eyeball test

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically I'm saying Mahomes might pass the eyeball test for best QB but he has almost no chance of playing as long as Brady

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically I'm saying Mahomes might pass the eyeball test for best QB but he has almost no chance of playing as long as Brady
Some consider Montana the GOAT. Always playing at a high level in big games counts more than having the most championships to some. It's very subjective, there is no absolute correct answer. Stats don't always tell the story in the world of opinions. The name of the game is performing when the lights are the brightest.

Homer me?
Staubach lost 5 years. Most likely his game woulda transferred to the modern eras game.
He is in my top 5 all time QB's in college and pro football.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some consider Montana the GOAT. Always playing at a high level in big games counts more than having the most championships to some. It's very subjective, there is no absolute correct answer. Stats don't always tell the story in the world of opinions. The name of the game is performing when the lights are the brightest.

Homer me?
Staubach lost 5 years. Most likely his game woulda transferred to the modern eras game.
He is in my top 5 all time QB's in college and pro football.
Believe me I hate to say this but Staubach is criminally underrated. Maybe because I saw so much of him daggering the Redskins but I've always felt this way. Not sure he's top 5 for me but close.

I mean George Allen was forced to use a spy, eliminating a player on defense, just to account for his running. There is no doubt his game would transfer to this era.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Mahomes he won't be the GOAT with another ring, Brady's list of accomplishments is far too long. Unless he goes to another team and wins a ring I'm not sure he ever gets there for me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he goes to another team and wins a ring I'm not sure he ever gets there for me.
Im sure he'll get a shot with another coach. I suspect if he ever parts ways with the Chiefs it would be if KC has issues finding another good coach.

A lot can happen on a new team. Montana was good on the Chiefs when healthy but he probably would've never gotten past the Bills. Peyton got his Broncos ring because of Von Miller.

The reality is that Brady had a good enough career that someone would always be able to call him a GOAT regardless of whatever happens.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stuck somewhere between maybe and I don't know so went with maybe. Maybe I have to wait and see if it happens first or maybe I'm just not concerned with the whole GOAT status thing. The 3peat is definitely a major feather in his cap and 4 rings, 5 SB appearances, 7 CG games in 7 years as a starter is an amazing way to start a career.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure he'll get a shot with another coach. I suspect if he ever parts ways with the Chiefs it would be if KC has issues finding another good coach.

A lot can happen on a new team. Montana was good on the Chiefs when healthy but he probably would've never gotten past the Bills. Peyton got his Broncos ring because of Von Miller.

The reality is that Brady had a good enough career that someone would always be able to call him a GOAT regardless of whatever happens.
The issue is longevity. Brady was at the top of his game, and his teams were always title contenders, for 21 seasons. I ommitted his first and last seasons. That's a bar I don't see Mahomes getting over unless he wins even more rings than Brady.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is longevity. Brady was at the top of his game, and his teams were always title contenders, for 21 seasons. I ommitted his first and last seasons. That's a bar I don't see Mahomes getting over unless he wins even more rings than Brady.
Yeah Mahomes will have to have a long career like he has been doing to get in the race.