• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I were the Blazers GM…

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My offseason would consist of three things:

1) Sign Al Horford to a max deal

2) Sign Mirza Teletovic

3) Re-sign Allen Crabbe and Meyers Leonard

Dame and McCollum by next season will be ready to lead a contender, that is clear at this point. Horford would give them a much needed inside presence and upgrade at the center position with the ability to play some 4 if need be. Also gives them a legit scoring threat down low with the ability to shoot it as well.

Aminu has really impressed me lately as well. Him and Crabbe are both promising, young players.

Adding Teletovic would be huge for spacing and give them a dead-eye shooter to pair with Dame+CJ in a potent offense.

Love Portland's outlook. They don't need a big time player or scorer this offseason, just a piece that will help strengthen their interior and take pressure off the guards while impacting the game WITHOUT the ball.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want the Suns to keep Teletovic.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want the Suns to keep Teletovic.

I would if we were contending anytime soon, trust me. I love his game. Could you imagine him on one of those Nash teams?

Thing is, he's 30 years old and has only really had one impressive season in his career. I heard he could command $12-15 million per year, so I'd stay away. We need to trade Chandler, Tucker and Knight and rebuild the right way for once.

Now, if we make some big time move and land a solid FA, with Bledsoe returning and re-sign Mirza I would be all-in. But if they play the rebuild role then there's really no point in keeping him around.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could go after Horford or even make a push for Whiteside, either way the Blazers need someone who can give them an inside presence. They have some young bigs like Leonard who can shoot the 3 and Plumlee who is more of a rim protector/inside presence, but I don't see either of them as somebody who can get them 15-20ppg on a consistent basis. Horford is a guy who can score inside while also be a threat from 3, but doesn't bring the shot blocking ability that Whiteside does. Whiteside is also a couple years younger, but might be better fit on a team with more veteran leadership like he has in Miami. Whether it's one of them or someone else, that's the biggest hole on their team and what can take them from playoff team to possible championship contender.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it be Horford or a guy like Whiteside, the Blazers need someone who can give them an inside presence. They have some young bigs like Leonard who can shoot the 3 and Plumlee who is more of a rim protector/inside presence, but I don't see either of them as somebody who can get them 15-20ppg on a consistent basis. Horford is a guy who can score inside while also be a threat from 3, but doesn't bring the shot blocking ability that Whiteside does. Whiteside is also a couple years younger, but might be better fit on a team with more veteran leadership like he has in Miami. Whether it's one of them or someone else, that's the biggest hole on their team and what can take them from playoff team to possible championship contender.

Idk if Whiteside would be a great fit honestly. I mean, he'd make them better. BUT, you already have Plumlee and Davis who are rim protectors/rebounders at much cheaper prices.

You can live with paying Horford a ton to bring a different type of skill-set than any of their current bigs, but if you pay Whiteside a ton to do something marginally better than what you already have in the young bigs they have it's a lot riskier, especially with Whiteside's character issues.

I think Horford's ability to play the 4 or 5 would fit a lot better with their current personnel as well. If they can't land a big fish then Mirza Teletovic or Ryan Anderson would be solid additions.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if Whiteside would be a great fit honestly. I mean, he'd make them better. BUT, you already have Plumlee and Davis who are rim protectors/rebounders at much cheaper prices.

You can live with paying Horford a ton to bring a different type of skill-set than any of their current bigs, but if you pay Whiteside a ton to do something marginally better than what you already have in the young bigs they have it's a lot riskier, especially with Whiteside's character issues.

I think Horford's ability to play the 4 or 5 would fit a lot better with their current personnel as well. If they can't land a big fish then Mirza Teletovic or Ryan Anderson would be solid additions.
I'd say Leonard is a poor mans version of Horford like Plumlee and Davis would be poor man versions of Whiteside. Horford's veteran experience gives him the edge over Whiteside in this situation, the Blazers core is mostly made up of guys 26 or younger and could use an older player who's been to the playoffs plenty of times. If they keep Leonard they wouldn't need Mirza or Anderson imo.