• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Elway the GM wasn't a HOF QB

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another angry thread about another team from the resident little ball of hate

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another angry thread about another team from the resident little ball of hate

Tom Brady has an Uggs tramp stamp. Dammit, wrong thread. :doh:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in BroncosCountry. And last year I had to hear how lousy of a coach Vance Joseph was. Well before yesterday the Broncos were 0-3 for the 1st time since 1999. Now they're 0-4. So Where's the outrage from those idiot Broncos fans about Fangio's 0-4 start? Bunch of hypocrites.

Oh, they're around.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com

There are fans actually calling for Fangio to be fired after 4 games as a head coach. Times are bad for Broncos fans right now.

Also, Vance Joseph is a terrible coach.

I'll reserve judgement on Fangio until at least a full season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is pretty central to that Super Bowl win against the Panthers on top of getting Peyton. I would've had him as a top 3 GM a few years back.

The problem Elway had is that instead of tanking, he drafted Paxton Lynch. Which is one of the worst moves any GM has made in the past decade. The Broncos then stopped drafting top QBs. At this point, you have to fire your GM. Just because one QB busted doesn't mean the next one will.

I kinda get passing on Rosen and Lamar Jackson but I know if I was a Broncos fan I would've been pounding the table for both of them at the time. Passing on Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins for a TE is hubris, though. I think Drew Lock could be special but I'm a homer. If every team in the league passed on him then you know something is up.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem Elway had is that instead of tanking, he drafted Paxton Lynch. Which is one of the worst moves any GM has made in the past decade. The Broncos then stopped drafting top QBs. At this point, you have to fire your GM.

No, they didn't. Lynch was drafted 3 years ago. They moved on from him and took Lock in the 2nd round this year. Did you expect them to take a QB early every year? How would that be a better strategy?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Broncos gave up 225 yards rushing to Leonard Fournette yesterday, so I don't think Fangio is looking like the defensive wizard he was billed at. But maybe, that defense isn't as deep and good as it was made out to be anymore. It's very soft up front. So that goes back to the GM and his roster building.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elways first pick in this league was Von Miller.....

.....since then he has made a ton of picks and not many could be considered even average.

I've never understood why most GM's 1st draft is almost always their best draft.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, they're around.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com

There are fans actually calling for Fangio to be fired after 4 games as a head coach. Times are bad for Broncos fans right now.

Also, Vance Joseph is a terrible coach.

I'll reserve judgement on Fangio until at least a full season.

Joseph was a bad coach yet after week 4 last year the Broncos were 2-2. So what does that make Fangio?

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph was a bad coach yet after week 4 last year the Broncos were 2-2. So what does that make Fangio?

It makes him a guy with a stellar resume, despite an 0-4 start this year. Joseph has done nothing in his career. At least Fangio is a good DC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they didn't. Lynch was drafted 3 years ago. They moved on from him and took Lock in the 2nd round this year. Did you expect them to take a QB early every year? How would that be a better strategy?
I literally explained what I thought the better strategy was in my post. You aren't supposed to take a QB early every year because you're supposed to hit on QBs drafted in the top 10. QBs drafted outside of the top 10 are hail mary picks for the most part.

Lynch and Lock were/are both projects. You need a record of developing QBs for projects to work out imo.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was telling Broncos fans once Manning retires you won't make the playoffs and they thought I was crazy... When you have a HOF level QB you get spoiled into thinking they can be replaced and the franchise will still continue it's winning way's ... NOPE, doesn't work that way, it's tough finding a good QB that gives you that consistency... Seattle went over a decade after Dave Krieg left, Warren Moon did ok late in the 90's but he was past his prime... It wasn't until Hasselbeck showed up we found a consistent guy, and he wasn't elite at all, just somewhat consistent...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have been fired some time ago, I think we can all agree to that. But at what point does Denver fire its Hall of Fame QB and hire a real GM?

Broncos starting QBs since Manning retired:

Brock Osweiler
Trevor Siemian
Paxton Lynch
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco

The man is basically running a social experiment--how bad can I be before I get fired.

"Legendary Ex- QB's Calling The Shots?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was telling Broncos fans once Manning retires you won't make the playoffs and they thought I was crazy... When you have a HOF level QB you get spoiled into thinking they can be replaced and the franchise will still continue it's winning way's ... NOPE, doesn't work that way, it's tough finding a good QB that gives you that consistency... Seattle went over a decade after Dave Krieg left, Warren Moon did ok late in the 90's but he was past his prime... It wasn't until Hasselbeck showed up we found a consistent guy, and he wasn't elite at all, just somewhat consistent...

I agree. When Brady retires in 5-6 years pats fans will be thrust back into the dark ages. :D

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Broncos gave up 225 yards rushing to Leonard Fournette yesterday, so I don't think Fangio is looking like the defensive wizard he was billed at. But maybe, that defense isn't as deep and good as it was made out to be anymore. It's very soft up front. So that goes back to the GM and his roster building.

I saw an alarming stat today for Bronco fans. In the last two years, 4 running backs have rushed for 200+ yards in a game. Three of those four backs did it against the Broncos defense. Only one vs. the rest of the NFL. I'd say the Broncos have more of a defense problem right now than quarterback. Flacco was actually decent yesterday with 3 TD's and 300 yards. Of course, he had one terrible pick. If the Broncos could have held Fournette to 100 yards, they would have won the game easily. Rough season for Broncos Country right now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When Brady retires in 5-6 years pats fans will be thrust back into the dark ages. :D

LOL, he might just get there, still looks good ... Brady isn't gonna quit until father time kicks his butt, it's gonna take his production dropping big time, even then he's gonna fight it, he's a competitor ..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He would have been fired some time ago, I think we can all agree to that. But at what point does Denver fire its Hall of Fame QB and hire a real GM?

Broncos starting QBs since Manning retired:

Brock Osweiler
Trevor Siemian
Paxton Lynch
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco

The man is basically running a social experiment--how bad can I be before I get fired.

Uhhhhhh... Yeah. GMs with SB rings (non-player) are the ones who need to be worried about their jobs.
:wtf:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhhh... Yeah. GMs with SB rings (non-player) are the ones who need to be worried about their jobs.
:wtf:

Does winning a ring protect you from being fired forever? Is that what you are saying?

If so, I guess Broncos fans are just going to have to grin and bear the Elway years until he dies huh. Maybe next he will bring in Andy Dalton at QB? Then maybe Kirk Cousins? I mean, he won a ring, let him keep going this way right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Does winning a ring protect you from being fired forever? Is that what you are saying?

Forever? 4 down seasons after a SB victory = you're fired? :scratch: I would've killed for Elway as GM for almost 20 years.

If so, I guess Broncos fans are just going to have to grin and bear the Elway years until he dies huh. Maybe next he will bring in Andy Dalton at QB? Then maybe Kirk Cousins? I mean, he won a ring, let him keep going this way right?

Ozzie Newsome picked up some pretty s**tty QBs as well (including one of the guys on your list). Should the Ravens have fired him too?

Some teams go 30 years without having success like Elway did. He's had some bad draft picks, but it takes a while to rebuild.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is a legend in Denver , 7 SBs , he will go out on his own terms