• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If 'Bronbron had played in the 80's...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he played in the 80's or 90's LBJ would get beat up. If he complains now about fouls and he gets tired late in games man he would be in trouble if he played against those tough teams that beat u up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he played in the 80's or 90's LBJ would get beat up. If he complains now about fouls and he gets tired late in games man he would be in trouble if he played against those tough teams that beat u up.

I have seen Lebron take his fair share of hits and he is rarely knocked down. He would adjust to the league and its' rules. He is 6'8 250 and it an athletic freak who can finish better than anyone at the rim, I'm sure he would do just fine.
On the defensive end it would actually help him, if he could handcheck he is a lockdown defender and probably wins DPOY at least once. On the offensive end with his strength a handcheck wouldnt affect him much or at all.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen Lebron take his fair share of hits and he is rarely knocked down. He would adjust to the league and its' rules. He is 6'8 250 and it an athletic freak who can finish better than anyone at the rim, I'm sure he would do just fine.
On the defense end it would actually help him, if he could handcheck he is a lockdown defender and probably wins DPOY at least once. On the offense end with his strength a handcheck wouldnt affect him much or at all.

Bold part is funny after coming off a game where is missed 5-7 layups(2-3ft from rim). I agree Defense he would be fine. Offense would take a major hit. He isn't a great shooter so more physical would hurt him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold part is funny after coming off a game where is missed 5-7 layups(2-3ft from rim). I agree Defense he would be fine. Offense would take a major hit. He isn't a great shooter so more physical would hurt him.

Ok the rim was well defended, a couple questioable calls, and he missed some easy ones. Is he perfect? no lol.
You focus on one game way no much, look at the big picture.

We have never seen a guy this big and quick finish like he can. Period.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put him right where he belongs, behind MJ and Magic among non centers..... and that's it. The era change I've always thought about.... what if Shaq had played in the 70's-80's

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would get beat up? He would be the biggest man on the court...even bigger difference than it is in today's game. He would physically dominate just like he does now.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put him right where he belongs, behind MJ and Magic among non centers..... and that's it. The era change I've always thought about.... what if Shaq had played in the 70's-80's

Shaq at his peak was completely dominant during his time anyhow. His problem was injuries. He would have dominated any era. Too big and too athletic to be handled.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have never seen a guy this big and quick finish like he can. Period.

You could have just stopped after saying "We have never seen a guy this big and quick".

It's what people seem to be missing. Lebron is a freak today. In an era like the 70's and 80's when a lot of the greats were athletically challenged, he would have been a superfreak.

Lebron would have been considered a good outside shooter back then. The league average back then on 3 pt shots hovered right around 30%.

He's a better 3 point shooter than Jordan by quite a bit. Jordan sucked except for the couple of seasons they brought the 3 point shot in a couple of feet before moving it back out again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the defensive end it would actually help him, if he could handcheck he is a lockdown defender and probably wins DPOY at least once. On the offensive end with his strength a handcheck wouldnt affect him much or at all.
Beat up by who? Laimbeer? Rodman? Go back and look at them then look at LeBron. Laughable

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat up by who? Laimbeer? Rodman? Go back and look at them then look at LeBron. Laughable

I dont need to look, I saw them play. And they were great defenders and tough, but physical strength, Lebron is overpowering them and if he doesnt he gets to the line. Go ahead hack him, he will get back up. He takes shots all game, every game, he is used to it. He has taken many to the nose (hence why he wore a mask back in the day).
I think you (older generation guys) just think Lebron is going to lay down and take it just bc these guys were physical and deserve respect bc they are great defenders.
The fact is no one in the league back then could move like Lebron and still finish while getting hit. Plus he is bigger than Rodman and Laimbeer lol

btw...Laimbeer called Lebron the greatest for a reason

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would get beat up? He would be the biggest man on the court...even bigger difference than it is in today's game. He would physically dominate just like he does now.
LOL no because he wouldn't be able to handle it. If he struggles now I can just imagine what would happen. Mutombo waving his hand at LBJ. Hakeem just knocking him down. Playing with the twin towers of Robinson and Duncan. He doesn't know what a playoff foul is. He plays in this touchy Era of basketball. He doesn't have a great jump shot so yes he would be in trouble.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he would probably would be a great defensive player like he is today but offense would take a step back. He would struggle going to the rim and finishing with the physical play they use to play with.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no because he wouldn't be able to handle it. If he struggles now I can just imagine what would happen. Mutombo waving his hand at LBJ. Hakeem just knocking him down. Playing with the twin towers of Robinson and Duncan. He doesn't know what a playoff foul is. He plays in this touchy Era of basketball. He doesn't have a great jump shot so yes he would be in trouble.

:L wow, just stop

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ridiculous reasoning. Because he complains about getting fouled and not getting the call in an era of everything getting called, this somehow equates to him being soft.

Seems legit :scratch:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a good comparison though I too will take The Round Mound of Rebound's fire and passion over 'Bronbron all damn day. Sorry.

Another question:

The '15 Cavs play the '92 Bad Boyz. What happens (besides 'Bronbron leaving the series in an ambulance)?

I'm not sure if anyone asked yet but did you actually mean the '92 Pistons? I think they got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs that year. Anyway, to answer the original question, if LeBron played in the '80s he would be far to big, fast and strong for most anyone to handle even more so than he is today. Nique was a power player and LeBron has him by 25 pounds. I loved Nique, the only non-Piston on a poster on my wall, but LeBron would have his lunch. I loved Barkley too but he wasn't nearly as skilled, nearly as athletic as LeBron. It's a turble comparison. If I'm comparing anyone to LeBron, which really we shouldn't be, it would be Magic who was still about 25 pounds lighter than LeBron even though he was taller and I don't think he was as athletic either. I know we all love to wax nostolgic about bygone eras but as tough as the play was back then, the players were not the physical specimines that they are today. Especilly if you're trying to compare them to maybe the most unique athlete of our day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L wow, just stop
U stop it u get upset because someone disagrees with you. Its my opinion and that's it. He would still be an all star because he would play great D and still score but it wouldn't be at will like now. U Homers think its hate but the NBA was different back then. JVG and J. Rose has stated that MJ would avg 40+ every year in this NBA. Im not even bashing the guy and u guys think its hate. This is what makes u a Homer.

For you everything has to be positive or its hate or a face palm. I agree with some of your statements I just don't agree with some. its not a big deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U stop it u get upset because someone disagrees with you. Its my opinion and that's it. He would still be an all star because he would play great D and still score but it wouldn't be at will like now. U Homers think its hate but the NBA was different back then. JVG and J. Rose has stated that MJ would avg 40+ every year in this NBA. Im not even bashing the guy and u guys think its hate. This is what makes u a Homer.

For you everything has to be positive or its hate or a face palm. I agree with some of your statements I just don't agree with some. its not a big deal.

I'm not upset lol. I am actually looking at facts you are all opinion-based with no real argument, like always. Carry on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont need to look, I saw them play. And they were great defenders and tough, but physical strength, Lebron is overpowering them and if he doesnt he gets to the line. Go ahead hack him, he will get back up. He takes shots all game, every game, he is used to it. He has taken many to the nose (hence why he wore a mask back in the day).
I think you (older generation guys) just think Lebron is going to lay down and take it just bc these guys were physical and deserve respect bc they are great defenders.
The fact is no one in the league back then could move like Lebron and still finish while getting hit. Plus he is bigger than Rodman and Laimbeer lol

btw...Laimbeer called Lebron the greatest for a reason
Shane, I'm guessing you didn't understand my post lol

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where would he have ended up?

I'm putting him solidly in between Xavier McDaniel and Dominique.

Slightly better than X-man but not nearly as good as 'Nique.

Opinions?

PS - Yes, I think he could have eclipsed Thurl Bailey.

Way better than Xavier or Dominique.... Lebron is at another level ... I"d put him up their with Jordan, Bird, Magic for his team impact ... Lebron is a hybrid player, He does everything well ... He can post you up, rebound, shoot 3's, hit mid range jumpers, play's lock down D, can finish at the hoop with authority ... He's truly one of the NBA great players of all time.... I still put Jordan as #1 , but Lebron is right their with his team impact....

Last edited: