• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If 'Bronbron had played in the 80's...

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Nike, Jordan would have sucked. I mean seriously, who would have bought a pair of LA Gear Jordans?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what @HammerDown is saying is that similar to Tom Brady, we really should be looking at Lebron's balls.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you couldnt be more wrong, again. Kerr had one of his best shooting seasons in Cleveland at 50%. He had 3 great seasons in Cleveland.

That's besides the fact. Price is top 25, he was a great shooter.
Two top 25 shooters of all-time on the roster it would of been like taking candy from a baby, ohh now we see what MJ had, the most efficient 3 point shooter of all-time. Yeah.

How many big shots did Kerr hit in the finals with Cleveland?

Now, how many did he hit in Chicago and San Antonio?

In Cleveland, Kerr was a nice, solid guard who could shoot. In Chicago and San Antonio, he was clutch and could be considered legendary.

Price and Ehlo were nice, solid guards who could shoot. They weren't legendary by any stretch of any imagination other than yours.

Don't get me wrong. I liked all 3 of those guys and pulled for them and the Cavs every time they played MJ's Bulls (whom I couldn't stand). But to call them legendary is beyond a reach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many big shots did Kerr hit in the finals with Cleveland?

Now, how many did he hit in Chicago and San Antonio?

In Cleveland, Kerr was a nice, solid guard who could shoot. In Chicago and San Antonio, he was clutch and could be considered legendary.

Price and Ehlo were nice, solid guards who could shoot. They weren't legendary by any stretch of any imagination other than yours.

Don't get me wrong. I liked all 3 of those guys and pulled for them and the Cavs every time they played MJ's Bulls (whom I couldn't stand). But to call them legendary is beyond a reach.

You are reaching. It doesnt matter when he hit the shots (he never had shots to hit in Cleveland btw lol), he was a lengendary and clutch shooter. The fact is Lebron would of gladly took those shooters on his team, hypothetically.

Plus, I specifically said Price was a great shooter and Elho was a very good, solid one. Kerr was legendary, no way around that. That sums up this hypothetical bs haha

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are reaching. It doesnt matter when he hit the shots (he never had shots to hit in Cleveland btw lol), he was a lengendary and clutch shooter. The fact is Lebron would of gladly took those shooters on his team, hypothetically.

Plus, I specifically said Price was a great shooter and Elho was a very good, solid one. Kerr was legendary, no way around that. That sums up this hypothetical bs haha

Please. The only one reaching here is you with your sad attempt to elevate the status of Cavs players beyond what they really are/were (as usual). You know why he never got to shoot those kind of shots in Cleveland?

Because all of those "legendary shooters" couldn't get themselves to the finals.

And now that you've been called out for your foolishness (again), you are trying to backtrack and lie about what you said. You said all 3 were legendary and now it's Kerr was legendary, Price was a great shooter and Ehlo was a very good, solid shooter.

There was nothing "legendary" about Kerr in Cleveland. He achieved that status in Chicago and San Antonio.

You should just quit while you're behind and save yourself further embarrassment.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reached his max when he said the 2015 Cavs would "destroy" the 1992 'Bad Boy' Pistons

Well, to be fair. How could they not destroy the bad Boys? After all, they had 3 "legendary shooters." :pound:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not kidding about this post...

LeBron vs bad boy pistons? You got to tell me about the officials... because I do believe LeBron could flop his way to a crap load of free throws.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I could see Rodman or Lambeer just punching him in the mouth and taking the few game suspension. Hard to play well with a broke nose/jaw.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron vs bad boy pistons? You got to tell me about the officials... because I do believe LeBron could flop his way to a crap load of free throws.

If it's under the 90's rules, it wouldn't matter. If he flopped, the refs would have just stepped over him, like Iverson did to Lue, on their way to the other end of the court.

Last edited:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd flop once and laimbeer, James Edwards or Rick Mahorn would convince him to never try it again.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is, I remember when the Lakers took off-Showtime. Those teams were off the charts special. Just think of the players on that team. Nothing like them in today's game.

Speaking of Worthy, I believe he had a 40-10-10 game in the finals.

It was another age, but it was part of the Golden Age of the NBA, no doubt about it. LeBron would have still been a star, but probably not as bright as he is today.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons intimidated their opponents, before the game even started.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where would he have ended up?

I'm putting him solidly in between Xavier McDaniel and Dominique.

Slightly better than X-man but not nearly as good as 'Nique.

Opinions?

PS - Yes, I think he could have eclipsed Thurl Bailey.

Bill Russell > LeFraud James.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is, I remember when the Lakers took off-Showtime. Those teams were off the charts special. Just think of the players on that team. Nothing like them in today's game.

Speaking of Worthy, I believe he had a 40-10-10 game in the finals.

It was another age, but it was part of the Golden Age of the NBA, no doubt about it. LeBron would have still been a star, but probably not as bright as he is today.

Two hookers the morning of the game that day instead of one. Good thing his wife never found out about that one!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Lebron's skillset and have him play under the pre 2000 rule changes like in the 80s/90s with handchecking and all that stuff, honestly, he'd probably be even better. He's so big handchecking would barely bother him. Good luck keeping him out of the paint since you can't use any of the modern NBA defense that allows for zone principles. You're only choice is to defend him one on one (good luck) or hard double him once he's posted up but he's such a gifted passer, he'll make you pay for sure on that hard double. You could hard foul him but he'd likely adjust and get tougher. You remember how prime Barkley could go coast to coast and just bully fools? Now imagine that with Magic Johnson's passing skills. That's Lebron under those rules. My guess is his assists numbers would drop some because he'd be harder to cover and thus wouldn't need to pass as often. His scoring average would go up, probably somewhere between 33 to 35pts per game.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Lebron's skillset and have him play under the pre 2000 rule changes like in the 80s/90s with handchecking and all that stuff, honestly, he'd probably be even better. He's so big handchecking would barely bother him. Good luck keeping him out of the paint since you can't use any of the modern NBA defense that allows for zone principles. You're only choice is to defend him one on one (good luck) or hard double him once he's posted up but he's such a gifted passer, he'll make you pay for sure on that hard double. You could hard foul him but he'd likely adjust and get tougher. You remember how prime Barkley could go coast to coast and just bully fools? Now imagine that with Magic Johnson's passing skills. That's Lebron under those rules. My guess is his assists numbers would drop some because he'd be harder to cover and thus wouldn't need to pass as often. His scoring average would go up, probably somewhere between 33 to 35pts per game.

also the pace of the 80's was higher, more possessions = more points, assists, rebounds

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try Hammer :suds:

Enjoy the Finals