• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If 'Bronbron had played in the 80's...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worthy was a 1 trick pony. Not a prayer of getting in the HOF without a ticket if he hadn't played with Magic & Kareem.

Hmm. I suppose now you'll be so kind as to tell us what his one trick was???

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I started watching basketball in 2003.

I admit I missed the majority of the 80's... but I caught the tail end and all of the 90's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron was born and played in the 80's he would be a totally different player. He would have been a power forward rather than a point forward. His post moves would have been better developed but his perimeter skills would have suffered. He would have been playing predominantly in the post up against the PF, SF and Center's in that time.

He would have not grown up idolising MJ or Magic...since they would not have been playing while he was growing up. His game would be totally different. And in those days, games were played in the post.

And would have grew 4 inches and gained another 25 pounds. He would of dunked on anyone including Shaq. His idol would of been Wilt. He would have averaged 50 points a game like Wilt except against better competition. He would of started fights for no reason and players would wave their hands saying, "Please NO, dont hurt me KING JAMES! NO!!". MJ would of never had his signature dunks bc of the force of the 7 footer.

jordan-vs-lebron-in-the-nba-finals.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. I suppose now you'll be so kind as to tell us what his one trick was???

Lightening first step and if it didn't get him where he wanted to be it was time to pass it to someone else. I thought he was overrated back then.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And would have grew 4 inches and gained another 25 pounds. He would of dunked on anyone including Shaq. His idol would of been Wilt. He would have averaged 50 points a game like Wilt except against better competition. He would of started fights for no reason and players would wave their hands saying, "Please NO, dont hurt me KING JAMES! NO!!". MJ would of never had his signature dunks bc of the force of the 7 footer.

And I bet 12 months ago you probably said the opposite...

:L

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jordan-vs-lebron-in-the-nba-finals.jpg

Didn't know we had a choice to grow 4 more inches in height. Is Lebron a wizard?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightening first step and if it didn't get him where he wanted to be it was time to pass it to someone else. I thought he was overrated back then.

Not worth this response.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has shooters everywhere Kerr, Price, Elho...some legendary ones.

I literally had to go back and re-read this 3 times. I couldn't believe that I had just seen someone refer to Kerr, Price and Ehlo as "legendary" shooters.

When I realized that this was, in fact, what I read. I figured it had to be a joke and started laughing.

Then I saw it was posted by Shane and just went. :L

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will start the joke for you @HammerDown ...

Lebron and Tom Brady walk into a bar.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally had to go back and re-read this 3 times. I couldn't believe that I had just seen someone refer to Kerr, Price and Ehlo as "legendary" shooters.

When I realized that this was, in fact, what I read. I figured it had to be a joke and started laughing.

Kerr was a 45% 3 point shooter in his career. He was top 5 of all-time, so legendary is accurate. Best percentage in history.

Price was a 40% 3 point shooter in his career. He was 27th all-time. A great shooter.

Elho was a 37% 3 point shooter in his career. Not as good but still a very good option no doubt.

Anything else. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I missed the majority of the 80's... but I caught the tail end and all of the 90's.

In all seriousness, while it is possible to speculate with some likely degree of accuracy how star players from the 80's and 90's would fare in today's NBA, I don't think it's possible to speculate with much accuracy how today's star players would have fared back then.

It's pretty easy to speculate that guys like Magic, MJ, Kareem, Bird, etc. would put up even bigger numbers than they did under the current "hands off" defensive rules.

But, we can't really accurately speculate about today's players back then. We would have to assume that they would have grown up playing that way, just like Magic, MJ, etc. did. But, we don't know how they would have reacted to the more physical game. Maybe they would have quit basketball altogether. Or maybe they would have put up the same types of numbers those earlier stars did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr was a 45% 3 point shooter in his career. He was top 5 of all-time, so legendary is accurate. Best percentage in history.

Price was a 40% 3 point shooter in his career. He was 27th all-time. A great shooter.

Elho was a 37% 3 point shooter in his career. Not as good but still a very good option no doubt.

Anything else. :L

Takes more than hitting a high percentage of shots to be legendary. Legendary also includes when those shots were hit.

Kerr is the only one of the 3 that would come close to being considered legendary and that's from his days in Chicago and San Antonio. Not Cleveland.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His Cavs colored glasses are thiiiick...:nod:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes more than hitting a high percentage of shots to be legendary. Legendary also includes when those shots were hit.

Kerr is the only one of the 3 that would come close to being considered legendary and that's from his days in Chicago and San Antonio. Not Cleveland.

Actually you couldnt be more wrong, again. Kerr had one of his best shooting seasons in Cleveland at 50%. He had 3 great seasons in Cleveland.

That's besides the fact. Price is top 25, he was a great shooter.
Two top 25 shooters of all-time on the roster it would of been like taking candy from a baby, ohh now we see what MJ had, the most efficient 3 point shooter of all-time. Yeah.