• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan- maybe this is what you are failing to realize--- THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT ANY TEAM OTHER THAN THE CAVS COULD OFFER TO TRISTAN THOMPSON WAS 70 MILLION!!! THE CAVS WERE ALREADY OFFERING HIM 80 MILLION! Thompson SAID IN THE MEDIA- there were ONLY 2 options- he either A. plays out one more year with the Cavs and leaves or B. Signs with the Cavs long term THIS summer.....were you guys not there? do you not remember this stuff? my head is about to explode- im trying to explain things to people that just assume they know what they are talking about but forget what the fuck the ACTUAL situation was. ITS MADDENING.

well, if your head truly IS ready to explode can we all watch...??

but here's the thing, all bullshit aside. even WITH cap room who would be CRAZY enough to give TT that kind of contract...?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it ends up being the 18M-19M deal, then James pulled another power play.

YOUR reporters were throwing around the 18M, not me.
At that point, during the holdout, the discussion was whether Gilbert would pay fair market, or grossly overpay because of James.
Gilbert chose door #2.

There was no reason, other than James, to give him any more then then minimum a RFA would have had to accept.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh now you guys have to go and get personal when you BOTH know i am far more intelligent than either one of you.

LMFAO!!!! riiiiggghhhttt...

but only because YOU say so...

NOW let's talk about how you're STILL too much of a puss to vote for your boy...:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan- maybe this is what you are failing to realize--- THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT ANY TEAM OTHER THAN THE CAVS COULD OFFER TO TRISTAN THOMPSON WAS 70 MILLION!!! THE CAVS WERE ALREADY OFFERING HIM 80 MILLION! Thompson SAID IN THE MEDIA- there were ONLY 2 options- he either A. plays out one more year with the Cavs and leaves or B. Signs with the Cavs long term THIS summer.....were you guys not there? do you not remember this stuff? my head is about to explode- im trying to explain things to people that just assume they know what they are talking about but forget what the fuck the ACTUAL situation was. ITS MADDENING.

Here's what you're not grasping. No one was going to offer him $70 million because he's not worth it. The most he may have been offered was $10 million per year and even that would be overpaying. He turned down the Cavs $80 million dollar offer, so they knew he was already going to be grossly overpaid.

And if Lebron had nothing to do with it, as you have claimed, why would the Cavs offer him $80 million on their first offer. Why not let other teams make him those lower offers and then just match?

And since you seem to be having so much trouble on this site. Why don't you get the fuck out? No one's forcing you to be here.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh now you guys have to go and get personal when you BOTH know i am far more intelligent than either one of you.

and btw, if mr. "power Play" runs your franchise into the ground throwing good money after bad are you gonna be ok with that...?

oh wait, bet you just itching to put that Thunder jersey back on...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly aspire to be you.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you're not grasping. No one was going to offer him $70 million because he's not worth it. The most he may have been offered was $10 million per year and even that would be overpaying. He turned down the Cavs $80 million dollar offer, so they knew he was already going to be grossly overpaid.

And if Lebron had nothing to do with it, as you have claimed, why would the Cavs offer him $80 million on their first offer. Why not let other teams make him those lower offers and then just match?

And since you seem to be having so much trouble on this site. Why don't you get the fuck out? No one's forcing you to be here.

i'll hold the door open for him. Turnup, can you bring him his bag...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if your head truly IS ready to explode can we all watch...??

but here's the thing, all bullshit aside. even WITH cap room who would be CRAZY enough to give TT that kind of contract...?
well- GLAD you asked- lets look at some of the contracts signed last summer-- other power forwards and centers----

Jonas Valuncuinas 16 million a year
Enes Kanter almost 18 million a year
Robin Lopez 14 million a year
your precious Ed Davis 7 million
DeMare Carrol 15 million
Brook Lopez 20 million a year
DeAndre Jordan 22 million a year
Greg Monroe 17 million a year
Paul Milsap ALMOST 20 million a year
Thad Young 13 million a year
Omar Asik 12 million a year
Alex Ajinca (the Blancote killer!) 5 million a year
Aaron Baynes 6 million a year

thats the marketplace.....when you look at those numbers- i think 16 a year for Tristan is a little high- but it is CERTAINLY not crazy out of this world- I would agree he probably should have gotten 2-3 million less a year to fit more in the the market--- but he had a lot of leverage- AND the contracts next year are going to make it look even more reasonable.......when you see guys like DeMar Derozan get 25 million a year next year- paying Tristan 14 million this year isnt so bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOUR reporters were throwing around the 18M, not me.
At that point, during the holdout, the discussion was whether Gilbert would pay fair market, or grossly overpay because of James.
Gilbert chose door #2.

There was no reason, other than James, to give him any more then then minimum a RFA would have had to accept.
lol...how can you say that with a straight face? LOL....i mean- your post is right up there? what is this Red Era Russia? are you gonna white out of this conversation and change it? LOL

4689022-6532734968-2e3.p.png

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- GLAD you asked- lets look at some of the contracts signed last summer-- other power forwards and centers----

DeMare Carrol 15 million

thats the marketplace.....when you look at those numbers- i think 16 a year for Tristan is a little high- but it is CERTAINLY not crazy out of this world- I would agree he probably should have gotten 2-3 million less a year to fit more in the the market--- but he had a lot of leverage- AND the contracts next year are going to make it look even more reasonable.......when you see guys like DeMar Derozan get 25 million a year next year- paying Tristan 14 million this year isnt so bad.

yes, I see that and I get it. however that WASN'T the question. I said who else...even WITH the cap space...was gonna offer TT SPECIFICALLY that kind of contract...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I see that and I get it. however that WASN'T the question. I said who else...even WITH the cap space...was gonna offer TT SPECIFICALLY that kind of contract...?
like i said- no one COULD offer him a contract like that.

if you are honestly trying to learn something- and not just being a prick- read this ---
Tristan Thompson will leave Cavaliers next summer if he signs qualifying offer, agent says

this said what i have been saying- The Cavs were supposedly already offering Tristan like 80 million or close to it...thats more than ANY other team could offer him because of Bird rights---- HOWEVEr- because the cap goes up an INSANE amount this year- way more than ever in the history of the league- Paul basically came out and said- I know I cant get a better deal out there right now- but next year when the cap goes up- there will be no shortage of teams that will pay what i am asking- either sign my guy now to the deal i want- or hes leaving next year no matter what.

The Cavs pretty much said get fucked- and nothing happened for a few months- then as we know- right before training camp the Cavs upped their offer by 2 million- many think they did so just to let Tristan and his agent save face- and he got into camp.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DeMare Carrol 15 million

lol...how can you say that with a straight face? LOL....i mean- your post is right up there? what is this Red Era Russia? are you gonna white out of this conversation and change it? LOL

View attachment 85843

You're wrong.
I'm not wasting my time, but read the entire context of what was going on.
I used the 18M number in the conversation because that was the reported number being tossed around, I didn't create it.

You can't grasp that?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said- no one COULD offer him a contract like that.

if you are honestly trying to learn something- and not just being a prick- read this ---
Tristan Thompson will leave Cavaliers next summer if he signs qualifying offer, agent says

this said what i have been saying- The Cavs were supposedly already offering Tristan like 80 million or close to it...thats more than ANY other team could offer him because of Bird rights---- HOWEVEr- because the cap goes up an INSANE amount this year- way more than ever in the history of the league- Paul basically came out and said- I know I cant get a better deal out there right now- but next year when the cap goes up- there will be no shortage of teams that will pay what i am asking- either sign my guy now to the deal i want- or hes leaving next year no matter what.

The Cavs pretty much said get fucked- and nothing happened for a few months- then as we know- right before training camp the Cavs upped their offer by 2 million- many think they did so just to let Tristan and his agent save face- and he got into camp.

The whole point, by everyone here, was why were they offering anything close to that amount other than the influence of James?

Zero reasons at that point, let alone mid last season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess your next question would be- do you ACTUALLY think Rich Paul could have carried out his threat and gotten bigger offers the next year?

Its a good question. When I thought about it- one team in particular scared me- and was mentioned quite a bit- the Toronto Raptors. Tristan is of course from Canada and the captain of the Canadien team and very popular there. Not only that- but the Raptors only position of weakness- ESPECIALLY right now- is power forward.....an an era where Robin Lopez got 13 million the year before- do i think when the cap goes up to 89 million would AT LEAST a couple of teams offered Thompson 16 or more a year? YES. I think Paul has kinda proved between Thompson and Bledsoe that he knows how to manuever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong.
I'm not wasting my time, but read the entire context of what was going on.
I used the 18M number in the conversation because that was the reported number being tossed around, I didn't create it.

You can't grasp that?
you said - and this is a DIRECT quote- if Tristan gets in the 18-19 million range that will mean James had a big say---isnt that what your quote says?