• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I said Ohio State was the best team in the nation

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely don't think michigan deserves to be in the same group as OSU from a passing attack standpoint. Barrett is an elite college passer. As I mentioned before, if not for some crucial drops, including end zone drops, his numbers look FAR better Saturday and the game likely doesn't go to OT. michigan will struggle against Bama both running and passing; OSU is simply better in both aspects. If Ole Miss and Arkansas can score on Bama, OSU would have little problem. Don't forget - 2 years ago, nobody ran on Bama before OSU ripped them apart.

I saw that you guys are losing a lot on defense (as well as the OL, good lord). However, it's not like you're going to have issues reloading with the way you're recruiting. McCaffery's brother is an interesting prospect, I'll enjoy seeing how he does.

Clemson will lose this season. They have looked so sloppy, they have a L coming.

Next year is going to be an entirely new team. We will be doing what OSU had to do without the depth of OSU from a full team Urban Meyer recruits. Could be a rough transition at the beginning of next year

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd never put UM's passing attack with OSU. Hell, I wouldn't put Speight up against a ton of programs. That's why I said -- if we could use OSU's offense and UM's defense, I think we could take Bama.

As far as two years or last year, the enormous difference is -- the top RB who gashed them now leads the NFL in rushing. If Zeke were still on OSU, I'd agree wholeheartedly.
While I'm not putting Weber on Zeke's level, don't forget he was the same year as Weber that year, and Weber is putting up fantastic numbers. It's hard to say how he's gonna look by year's end. However, my main point was that Bama was thought to be incredibly stout that year against the run and we made it look easy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is going to be an entirely new team. We will be doing what OSU had to do without the depth of OSU from a full team Urban Meyer recruits. Could be a rough transition at the beginning of next year
I'm wondering how things will look in AA next year. Lot of new faces, but you guys will be getting what you asked for - a team of Harbaugh's recruits, mostly.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how things will look in AA next year. Lot of new faces, but you guys will be getting what you asked for - a team of Harbaugh's recruits, mostly.

Most definitely, but Harbaugh only has one full recruiting class in house. It won't be another 2 years before the team is filled with his own recruits. Probably why we've had like 16 or 17 true freshman play this year. Hoping to get them prepped for next year.

We shall see though. Will be quite interesting to see what they look like.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else notice the half empty house down there in Bloomington on Saturday?

Some schools just don't travel well, I guess.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not putting Weber on Zeke's level, don't forget he was the same year as Weber that year, and Weber is putting up fantastic numbers. It's hard to say how he's gonna look by year's end. However, my main point was that Bama was thought to be incredibly stout that year against the run and we made it look easy.

No one is on Zeke's level -- he is doing things in the NFL right now, no one else has. And with Weber -- I've watched him through high school. He will get you the tough yards, but he isn't a guy that is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, as Zeke was. As I'm sure you've seen, as the defenses have become tougher, his numbers have dropped. No doubt he has put up some good numbers, but like Wilton Speight -- It says he has thrown for 11 TD's and only 2 INT's and has a QB rating of like 150.0, but I know it was done against lesser teams and once he faces some real defenses, we are going to need much more from him.

Personally -- I think Samuel is the better RB for OSU.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama's 2014 defense was Saban's worst defense since 2007. Don't let the facts get in the way of pumping your boys up though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's 2014 defense was Saban's worst defense since 2007. Don't let the facts get in the way of pumping your boys up though.

What about last year's defense? They gave up 550 to Clemson. Was last year's worse than the one who gave up 537 to OSU?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the two seasons was negligible. He's just bitching to bitch.

I know -- I just like messing with Bamabino. Simple truth is -- an offense with elite talent is going to be able to move the ball and score, regardless of how good a defense is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was Bama's pass defense that was questioned. Their rush defense was 12th in the nation and 18th in yards per play. They were also 12th in TOTAL yards per game given up.

Ohio St was just the better team, that's all.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know -- I just like messing with Bamabino. Simple truth is -- an offense with elite talent is going to be able to move the ball and score, regardless of how good a defense is.
Tell that to the 2000 Ravens. I'm a Raiders fan and they destroyed us.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to the 2000 Ravens. I'm a Raiders fan and they destroyed us.

NFL is slightly different. They have elite athletes at every position. So picking apart weaknesses is much tougher. In college, there is always a way to attack another defense. Even the best college defenses will struggle against the top offenses because they can exploit those weaknesses.

It is why you see so many QB's in college run up monster stats and fail miserably in the NFL.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we see Wisconsin in a different light. I agree they are legit on the defensive side of the ball, but offensively, they didn't impress me at all. They ran like 30 times against UM for 71 yards and their QB looks like he is in slow motion when throwing the ball, which is why I said Wisconsin was going to struggle with UM prior to the game (he finished 9/25 for 88 yards and 3 ints)-That just shows how good Wisconsin is. They had their worst offensive performance since 2012 yet they only lost by one play in which the DB slipped. The run game is improving and PC is finding out what plays are effective and aren't with this team. Hornibrook was 0/7 on deep passes vs Michigan and 3 of them were wide open walk in TD's. Coaching staff said he normally makes those throws in his sleep. He made adjustments and was much more effective the following week vs a better secondary in OSU.

This is why I said -- if OSU's offense and UM's defense could face Bama -- I like our chances. I honestly don't think UM or OSU has a chance legit shot to beat Bama. Could it happen? Yeah. Will it happen? I think it'd be an upset if it did (meaning Bama would be favored by 7+ points, IMO)

Bama is susceptible to the pass -- that is why Ole Miss gives them fits with Chad Kelly. OSU and UM do not have the passing attack, IMO, to stay with Bama. Running on Bama is next to impossible and that something both UM and OSU rely on. I just think both teams are bad matchups against Bama, which is why I said -- if we could combine OSU's offense with UM's defense -- we could give them a quality game.

I do agree -- the top 4 teams right now based on results -- are Bama, OSU, UM and Washington. Unfortunately, NC State couldn't hit a 30 yard FG, so Clemson is undefeated, so OSU or UM will be on the outside looking in for the CFP. Unless Speight raises the level of his play -- I think UM will have to get help on a defensive TD or return TD to have a shot at beating OSU. I WISH we could have this defense once Harbaugh has one of his own recruits at QB. Unfortunately -- we will lose basically everyone next year on the defense :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If definitely was late and he turned and intentionally drove his shoulder down onto Gannon. Dirty hit for sure. I was pissed
I always felt bad for Gannon. he worked so hard and had the worst luck.Lets not forget what he accomplished since joining the Raiders including an MVP award. The last quality QB we have had until Carr. The Siragusa hit was bull shit,the tuck rule ,Callahan and the playbook in the Super Bowl vs the Buccs.Then that awful career ending injury. I would have liked to see him have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl championship

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess they must have broadcast a different game in Wisconsin. Feel free to post video of all the wide open passes Hornibrook missed that he would have made in his sleep in other games.

Fact is -- Wisconsin didn't have a prayer of moving the ball. I said you wouldn't be able to run against UM and you couldn't (28 carries for 70 yards) I tip my cap to Wisconsin's defense -- it is legit. The offense is far from it. I said prior to the game, Hornibrook takes way too long to throw the ball and lacks arm strength. Against lesser defenses, like Georgia State and I believe, Tulsa -- he can get away with that. In the B1G -- he has completed 50% of his passes with more interceptions than TD's. He makes Wilton Speight look like a heisman candidate.

That being said -- I did get a chuckle at the OSU needle you threw in. If Michigan weren't ranked #1 in total defense, #1 in scoring defense and #1 in pass defense (by a landslide) -- it may have hurt. If it makes you feel better -- Hornibrook threw for 2.5 times more yards (88) than Rutgers had in total offense against UM (34 yards), so you have that going for you.

And the whole -- you played so bad and only lost by a score -- I can't argue that. UM dominated every aspect of the game against Wisconsin but one -- field goals. We moved up and down the field at will, then Wisconsin would lock down in the red zone, UM would miss a field goal, rinse and repeat, and repeat, and repeat. Oh yeah -- it also helps to tip a pass and intercept it in the red zone too. Enjoy the moral victory of the 1 score loss. Deep down though, you know Wisconsin never had a shot, unless their defense scored for them, because the offense wasn't going anywhere.