• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I met an Arkansas fan yesterday

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually pretty cool until we started talking about football. From the sounds of it, most SEC fans I meet don't think it's necessary to watch football outside the SEC and still have an opinion. He told me that the best teams in every conference wouldn't make the middle of the pack in the SEC. I asked him, well what about the Kstate Auburn game? He said that Auburn beat the best team in the BIG12.. Really? In what world is Kstate the best in the BIG12. He thought OU won the Big12 last season as well so it was obvious he didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

To be honest, most of the fans on this board seem to be pretty football savy from the SEC. Is this a typical viewpoint? Do people actually believe that OU, Baylor, UO, MSU, FSU, and ND couldn't actually compete with the 5th best team in the SEC?

BTW, I did bring up OU vs Bama but he said that was one example. I didn't bring up the fact that WVU played one hell of a game against the Bammers.

That's how aggy has become... but 6 years ago, they were cursing the SEC

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that...

I still watch B12 games because I enjoy watching Tech and tu lose...That better?

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me rephrase that...

I still watch B12 games because I enjoy watching Tech and tu lose...That better?

Oh come on, don't do that. It's UT not TU. Thats what OSU fans do, they think it's a cut down to OU. It sounds flat out stupid and just not clever at all. You're better than that! Trust me, you don't want to be like an OSU fan. It comes out looking obvious that there's butthurt flowing through you and I highly doubt that's how you feel. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on, don't do that. It's UT not TU. Thats what OSU fans do, they think it's a cut down to OU. It's sounds flat out stupid and just not clever at all. You're better than that! Trust me, you don't want to be like an OSU fan. It comes out looking obvious that there's butthurt flowing through you and I highly doubt that's how you feel. :suds:

OSU likely does it because A&M does it to Texas. We feel that school in Austin is a Texas University, not the University OF Texas. :lol:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU likely does it because A&M does it to Texas. We feel that school in Austin is a Texas University, not the University OF Texas. :lol:

and yes, I realize that there is a certain Texas fan that will just get all ass-chapped over this. Oh well.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

haha ahh okay. Well their reasoning is because when people typically discuss OU they say "tUniversity of Oklahoma". OU is quite old relative to how old the state is and I'm sure the acronym is OU and not UO for a reason.

But seriously though, I lived in Stillwater and they shit, eat and breathe OU, It's sad.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is and always has been Texas University

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sooner fan, you're right it does feel childish to call UT tu? And they think its an insult, but like you said it just looks petty. T sips is also funny, who the F doesn't like tea?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sooner fan, you're right it does feel childish to call UT tu? And they think its an insult, but like you said it just looks petty. T sips is also funny, who the F doesn't like tea?

and yet "aggy" makes you look super intelligent.