• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I met an Arkansas fan yesterday

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk to other fans on the street, it can be quite comical.

I don't think its just the SEC. I live in Oregon and the duck fans I run into think they have always been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Brother lives in Bellvue and Bro In Law lives in Newcastle. One is a Duck and the other is a Cougar. Both of them feel the same way about Husky fans. I was there last summer and Husky fans continue to try and belittle both programs. They still love to tell the story about the split title Natty. I guess losing to a team 10 times in a row produces nostalgia.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually pretty cool until we started talking about football. From the sounds of it, most SEC fans I meet don't think it's necessary to watch football outside the SEC and still have an opinion. He told me that the best teams in every conference wouldn't make the middle of the pack in the SEC. I asked him, well what about the Kstate Auburn game? He said that Auburn beat the best team in the BIG12.. Really? In what world is Kstate the best in the BIG12. He thought OU won the Big12 last season as well so it was obvious he didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

To be honest, most of the fans on this board seem to be pretty football savy from the SEC. Is this a typical viewpoint? Do people actually believe that OU, Baylor, UO, MSU, FSU, and ND couldn't actually compete with the 5th best team in the SEC?

BTW, I did bring up OU vs Bama but he said that was one example. I didn't bring up the fact that WVU played one hell of a game against the Bammers.

I live in Georgia, and yes... a lot of fans of SEC teams down here do believe that... That said there are some wise fans down here too that are fun to talk to...

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:csb:

How about the sooner fan that told us late last week that the Aggies had never won the Big12?

Long story short, all teams have idiot fans.

Well, it was so long ago that A&M won it that he probably wasn't born yet.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a SEC-specific phenomenon. Most fans walking around are as simply fans of their team and not really of CFB in general like they claim. I've lived in Texas, DC, Ohio, and now in California and run into the same type of fans all of the time. Hell the reason I'm on a message board is to be able to talk to other knowledgeable and curious fans. That's what got me chatting about college football 15 years ago.

I remember trying to talk football with someone in Ohio who couldn't tell the difference between Big10 (at the time) and MAC schools, saying that he couldn't be bothered with the NINE other conference schools at the time. (I didn't have the heart to tell him there were actually ten others.)

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a SEC-specific phenomenon. Most fans walking around are as simply fans of their team and not really of CFB in general like they claim. I've lived in Texas, DC, Ohio, and now in California and run into the same type of fans all of the time. Hell the reason I'm on a message board is to be able to talk to other knowledgeable and curious fans. That's what got me chatting about college football 15 years ago.

I remember trying to talk football with someone in Ohio who couldn't tell the difference between Big10 (at the time) and MAC schools, saying that he couldn't be bothered with the NINE other conference schools at the time. (I didn't have the heart to tell him there were actually ten others.)

I know a Texas fan and he is/was annoyed that Texas fired Mack Brown... lol...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that I live in the middle of SEC country, yet I never hear these crazy stories and people outside of SEC country hear it all the time and post about it on the message boards..

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that I live in the middle of SEC country, yet I never hear these crazy stories and people outside of SEC country hear it all the time and post about it on the message boards..

Mine's not really a crazy story... Just casual fans that don't know much about the sport other than what they catch in snippets on ESPN...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I've seen a plethora of this nonsense from SEC fans I know personally. Not to say this is all SEC fans.

These fools told me nobody from the Big 12 would ever have a chance at competing, despite the fact Mizzou and TAMU are doing just that in the SEC and were middle of the pack teams. WVU last year was one of the worst B12 teams and gave Bama fits.

There are SEC fans, and there are SEC idiots......there is a difference. The problem is their unwillingness to give ANYONE any credit. Take the Bama attitude that every bowl loss is because they "didn't want to be there" ala OU last year, Utah a few years back, etc.......it's NEVER because the other team was just better that day, there's ALWAYS some excuse that is perfectly logical to them, but pure BS to anyone else with a functioning brain.

Do you even get the irony of what you just posted...the only difference between you and the SEC Idiot the OP was talking too is the SEC part. Apparently both conferences have their fair share of Idiots...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have spent any amount of time at all on these sports message boards, the average joe blow doesn't stand a chance in normal sports conversation.

You can run circles around them, make them look stupid, and get them mad.
There's no contest really.
Thanks message boards.:suds:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ask him how old his new born will be when Arkansas wins another SEC game?

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i met a Tennessee fan a few weeks ago that went on and on about how bob stoops is an idiot that just needs to keep his mouth shut. his exact words were, "until he actually beats an sec team he needs to shut up about the sec". this was literally the day after OU beat tennessee. :L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i met a Tennessee fan a few weeks ago that went on and on about how bob stoops is an idiot that just needs to keep his mouth shut. his exact words were, "until he actually beats an sec team he needs to shut up about the sec". this was literally the day after OU beat tennessee. :L

SEC East doesn't count and the Sugar Bowl didn't count either cause Bama didn't want to be there.

WPS!

Hoopla Cash
$ 38.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fan bases have idiots.....there are logical and illogical SEC Homers. You found an illogical one.

Most SEC homes feel the conference is better due to depth. 4 different teams have won the NC in the past 6 years....don't know of another conference that can say that. This year, SEC has 3 teams ranked in the top 5, and only 1 of these teams has won a NC.....again, shows depth in the conference.

No doubt the top teams in other conferences would also be the top in the SEC, but I'm just not sure there is the depth in those conferences, & I am not sure those top teams (Okie, Ducks, FSU, MSU) would be able to win the SEC with 0-1 loss, either.

Just some thoughts from another irrational Arky fan.....

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's bad, you should see how quick the aggie fans here in Texas drank up the SEC kool aid. They went from "nobody plays football like the state of Texas" to "nobody plays football like the deep south and the SEC". I swear they must have let Finebaum do cheer practice for a few weeks to get the ags ready.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's bad, you should see how quick the aggie fans here in Texas drank up the SEC kool aid. They went from "nobody plays football like the state of Texas" to "nobody plays football like the deep south and the SEC". I swear they must have let Finebaum do cheer practice for a few weeks to get the ags ready.

MIZZWHO fans ate it up, too. They are perfecting their Team SEC sucking skills. Had an argument with some guy who said he went to MIZZWHO and covers MIZZWHO sports and was talking about how they are in a much tougher conference now and how OU's fluke win over Bama didn't count b/c Bama's season was over after the AU game and they didn't want to play in the Sugar Bowl, but I pointed out Bama scored first and rolled over 500 yds of offense and that for a team that didn't want to be there, they sure as hell seemed like it. I then pointed out how can MIZZWHO play in a tougher conference when they were a punching bag bitch in the Big 12, took 11 years to play in their 1st Big 12 CCG and stepped right in and almost won the SEC in their 2nd year..............Dude was speechless pretty much.

SEC is a tough conference, but really, it's b/c of the SEC West. SEC Easy division is the new Big 12 North. Over half the teams in the SEC are average to mediocre, but that's what happens when you go to 14 teams. Teams like Oregon, Baylor, etc with no huddle high scoring offenses would r*pe those SEC defenses with ease the way Aggy has been doing and would easily compete in the SEC.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIZZWHO fans ate it up, too. They are perfecting their Team SEC sucking skills. Had an argument with some guy who said he went to MIZZWHO and covers MIZZWHO sports and was talking about how they are in a much tougher conference now and how OU's fluke win over Bama didn't count b/c Bama's season was over after the AU game and they didn't want to play in the Sugar Bowl, but I pointed out Bama scored first and rolled over 500 yds of offense and that for a team that didn't want to be there, they sure as hell seemed like it. I then pointed out how can MIZZWHO play in a tougher conference when they were a punching bag bitch in the Big 12, took 11 years to play in their 1st Big 12 CCG and stepped right in and almost won the SEC in their 2nd year..............Dude was speechless pretty much.

SEC is a tough conference, but really, it's b/c of the SEC West. SEC Easy division is the new Big 12 North. Over half the teams in the SEC are average to mediocre, but that's what happens when you go to 14 teams. Teams like Oregon, Baylor, etc with no huddle high scoring offenses would r*pe those SEC defenses with ease the way Aggy has been doing and would easily compete in the SEC.

I love the "learned" fans who use teams from years passed vs current ones to justify their hatred for a freaking conference.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a sports message board once. They have some homers there too...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I guess the 2014 Sugar Bowl never happened?