• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I met an Arkansas fan yesterday

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was actually pretty cool until we started talking about football. From the sounds of it, most SEC fans I meet don't think it's necessary to watch football outside the SEC and still have an opinion. He told me that the best teams in every conference wouldn't make the middle of the pack in the SEC. I asked him, well what about the Kstate Auburn game? He said that Auburn beat the best team in the BIG12.. Really? In what world is Kstate the best in the BIG12. He thought OU won the Big12 last season as well so it was obvious he didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

To be honest, most of the fans on this board seem to be pretty football savy from the SEC. Is this a typical viewpoint? Do people actually believe that OU, Baylor, UO, MSU, FSU, and ND couldn't actually compete with the 5th best team in the SEC?

BTW, I did bring up OU vs Bama but he said that was one example. I didn't bring up the fact that WVU played one hell of a game against the Bammers.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the 5th best in the SEC East.

:mullet:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you take these people seriously?

th

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually pretty cool until we started talking about football. From the sounds of it, most SEC fans I meet don't think it's necessary to watch football outside the SEC and still have an opinion. He told me that the best teams in every conference wouldn't make the middle of the pack in the SEC. I asked him, well what about the Kstate Auburn game? He said that Auburn beat the best team in the BIG12.. Really? In what world is Kstate the best in the BIG12. He thought OU won the Big12 last season as well so it was obvious he didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

To be honest, most of the fans on this board seem to be pretty football savy from the SEC. Is this a typical viewpoint? Do people actually believe that OU, Baylor, UO, MSU, FSU, and ND couldn't actually compete with the 5th best team in the SEC?

BTW, I did bring up OU vs Bama but he said that was one example. I didn't bring up the fact that WVU played one hell of a game against the Bammers.

:csb:

How about the sooner fan that told us late last week that the Aggies had never won the Big12?

Long story short, all teams have idiot fans.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the big deal this guy seems really intelligent.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk to other fans on the street, it can be quite comical.

I don't think its just the SEC. I live in Oregon and the duck fans I run into think they have always been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:csb:

How about the sooner fan that told us late last week that the Aggies had never won the Big12?

Long story short, all teams have idiot fans.

That was the weird part. The dude was a genius(finance degree). My buddy who is an accountant at Phillips 66 brought me to a new hire party and prior to the party is when we discussed this so he was completely sober.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dj'd a rave in Fayetteville once...

A word of advice:
Don't dj raves in Fayetteville.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont get me wrong, I do recognize how deep the SEC is this year. If OU were in the SEC this season, it would be week to week just hoping to make it out alive. Still doesn't make the statement anymore reasonable.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the weird part. The dude was a genius(finance degree). My buddy who is an accountant at Phillips 66 brought me to a new hire party and prior to the party is when we discussed this so he was completely sober.

Probably just parrots what he hears on Sportscenter. It's ridiculous how many people I bring up college football to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I've seen a plethora of this nonsense from SEC fans I know personally. Not to say this is all SEC fans.

These fools told me nobody from the Big 12 would ever have a chance at competing, despite the fact Mizzou and TAMU are doing just that in the SEC and were middle of the pack teams. WVU last year was one of the worst B12 teams and gave Bama fits.

There are SEC fans, and there are SEC idiots......there is a difference. The problem is their unwillingness to give ANYONE any credit. Take the Bama attitude that every bowl loss is because they "didn't want to be there" ala OU last year, Utah a few years back, etc.......it's NEVER because the other team was just better that day, there's ALWAYS some excuse that is perfectly logical to them, but pure BS to anyone else with a functioning brain.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no wonder why you are so bitter. That must be tough living with all these newb Duck fan morons.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. No.

Central Oregon. But most of my family is in Boring and Sandy, with a few across the river in Vancouver.

I love Central Oregon.

That smell in the spring and summer....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Central Oregon.

It's the survivalists haven. I've just figured it out before most and set up shop.

Hard to beat for the things Im into. NE Washingtons great, as is the Eagle cap, and those are the places I can be found when I go on my vacations. Not the best areas to raise a family though because they lack people, so here I am. :suds: