• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you I'd rather have 6 top 4 d-men so that we can hopefully rest them up before the playoffs. I honestly don't want Nash and it's for his cap not lack of talent. Nash on G's wing would be nasty, G would prob win the Hart and Nash the Rocket but I just think it limits us too much cap wise with all the money we have wrapped up in our D. I'll say again I'd rather have Ryan because I think he fits in our system and would genuinely love to play here.

I'm not trying to undervalue Read he's an absolute steal at 900k, it's just I realize if we're getting someone good and not trading Schenn & Couturier then Read is probably the next guy on the list. In fact I'm actually upset how most people glance over Read and seem to not understand how valuable he is. Yes he is 26 and older then traditional rookies but I think that works in his favor, he plays an all around game. He's fast as hell, has an accurate quick release shot, plays a great 2 way game, kills penalties like a 10 year veteran & he works hiss ass off every night.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see Giroux and Nash destroy the league city by city for a full 82 games, bhut as you said the cap hit is not that appealing.

I would also prefer Ryan. Younger, cheaper, and wants to play here. If we are offering our depth it should be for Ryan.

And yes, I see what you mean by Read being the #3. It seems clear at this point Homer does not have intentions to trade the Schenns or Couturier (And rightfully so) so I could see why teams would want Read for his values already mentioned.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I figured u were kidding. Nash with the aliens would be sick though. Weber is prob gonna be getting 9m+ if he make it to ufa next year, unless he wants to play for a contender in which I could see him taking a slight reduction since he'll be able to choose where he plays. I will say right now if Weber goes to ufa I don't think the Flyers will be out bid, now that can be good or bad but I know how much the organization covets players like Weber and we should have the cap space to fit him in(if not I'm sure Homer will just trade people).

Im actually quite worried about our future. if we dont win next year I almost want a full rebuild.. Im not even kidding. I fear that our failed success (great regular seasons and No cup) will hurt us badly as we have finished top 5 in the league the last few years. we have not picked top 10 in 5 years and only 2 (#10 spot both times) of the last 10 years (Cody Hodgson and RIP Luc Bourdon)

unless we are getting some gems in late rounds I dont see

Schneider
Kassian
Tanev
Schroeder
Gaunce
Jensen
Hansen
Weise

as a very bright future at all. Shultz was a guy that I was willing to give the farm to just to have in our lineup for youth and talent and hope to guide into top skill.

did anyone know that Alex Burrows was 31 years old. holy shit this team is aging very fast.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually quite worried about our future. if we dont win next year I almost want a full rebuild.. Im not even kidding. I fear that our failed success (great regular seasons and No cup) will hurt us badly as we have finished top 5 in the league the last few years. we have not picked top 10 in 5 years and only 2 (#10 spot both times) of the last 10 years (Cody Hodgson and RIP Luc Bourdon)

unless we are getting some gems in late rounds I dont see

Schneider
Kassian
Tanev
Schroeder
Gaunce
Jensen
Hansen
Weise

as a very bright future at all. Shultz was a guy that I was willing to give the farm to just to have in our lineup for youth and talent and hope to guide into top skill.

did anyone know that Alex Burrows was 31 years old. holy shit this team is aging very fast.

I see your point, you could become the Rangers of the future, have a insane goalie and a bunch of guys that fit more as supporting cast then true stars(not saying that's nessecarily bad). I'd love to have Kassian on the Flyers though, but he fits the mold of what we want out of our wingers. I personally think it was a bad move trading Hodgson just because you'll be in desperate need of a star power C in a few years and he could have transitioned over to the W to play with the Sedins for a year or 2, but I think I remember he asked for out just cause he wanted a bigger role now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Flyers will make too many waves tomorrow...then again, I didn't think they would last year either. *shrugs* Probably just driving up the price on Nash for the Rags.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, I would love to see Giroux and Nash destroy the league city by city for a full 82 games, bhut as you said the cap hit is not that appealing.

Maybe not out there...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eklund is saying the Flames are trying to make a major deal before the lockout is official (maybe JayBo)

Edit: The last lockout gave birth to Eklund (Hockeybuzz) by the way (on this day in 2005). Just one more reason to hate NHL work stoppages.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PK to the Flyers, PK to the Flyers....

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that the Flyers might be interested in Glencross (and Sven Baertschi).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry to say this dash, but i dont mind the flyers targetting jay feaster in a trade attempt one bit

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to say this dash, but i dont mind the flyers targetting jay feaster in a trade attempt one bit

lol - Hey, with the safety valve known as Brian Burke, what could go wrong?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't seen him play too much but why is there so much hate for him? Is he too soft or just not ready yet? Not sure as a fan I would want to trade him now or do you think this is one of those trade now while he still has value?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen him play too much but why is there so much hate for him? Is he too soft or just not ready yet? Not sure as a fan I would want to trade him now or do you think this is one of those trade now while he still has value?

I don't have any hate for him and would not like to see him traded - He got called out by Burke last week for indifferent play in his own end and I think he has responded quite well. Still a young guy with a ton of upside, I hope he stays in Calgary.

As for Glencross, he can be inconsistent, but he's on a great contract (and also has a NTC), so moving him could be tricky.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers involved in a trade rumour?

article-0-0290058B00000578-290_468x286.jpg

That's my shocked face.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings want to call up Nyquist, but don't have the cap room. Time to trade Tootoo?

Dreger Report: Trade talks heating up and Penner update
I think Florida would be a good team for Tootoo - they have plenty of cap space and guys like Steve Pinizzotto and Jesse Winchester have two way contracts so they can be just sent to the minors - Nick Bjugstad is supposed to be back soon so he's probably getting into the lineup - Tootoo would be a good 12th-13th-14th man if they wanted more physicality in their lineup, much better than Krys Barch imo - a lot of the guys in Florida's lineup are offensive oriented so a guy like Tootoo would give them a nice mix

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I don't see a lot of teams lining up to take on Tootoo, especially at that salary. Detroit may be a bit hamstrung.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I don't see a lot of teams lining up to take on Tootoo, especially at that salary. Detroit may be a bit hamstrung.

Just don't send him back to Nashville, I don't need to hear anymore of those damn whistles.