• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are carrying this Weber head lock punishment too far Dash

Preds need a Dman to replace Suter and JayBo's contract will help them reach the cap floor. It's a win-win for both teams matty.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preds need a Dman to replace Suter and JayBo's contract will help them reach the cap floor. It's a win-win for both teams matty.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do I think Suter will come to Calgary? No I do not, however that doesn't change the fact the the Preds have a big hole on the defense that they need to fill. JayBo certainly eats up minutes and is the current ironman in the NHL, and when you look at some of the other defensemen available, it's not a bad solution for two years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade of Jay-Bo for Suter's rights actually does kind of make sense for both sides. Calgary wants that contract off their books, so even if they can't sign Suter, the deal would free up cap space to target someone else, and the Predators need a blueliner and aren't going to be able to resign Suter, so this is basically like filling a hole for free for them.

Neither side really gives up anything or takes much a risk, and both sides get some upside out of the deal, basically for free.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade of Jay-Bo for Suter's rights actually does kind of make sense for both sides. Calgary wants that contract off their books, so even if they can't sign Suter, the deal would free up cap space to target someone else, and the Predators need a blueliner and aren't going to be able to resign Suter, so this is basically like filling a hole for free for them.

Neither side really gives up anything or takes much a risk, and both sides get some upside out of the deal, basically for free.

Nope. Logic has nothing to do with it. We all know that he's going to Pittsburgh. 'Nuff said.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Logic has nothing to do with it. We all know that he's going to Pittsburgh. 'Nuff said.

Well, obviously. But that doesn't mean Calgary can't trade for his rights and then fail to sign him before we scoop him up. :D

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Semin can go West. I'd prefer that. Crazy talented guy, and I could see Detroit being a really good place for him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Semin can go West. I'd prefer that. Crazy talented guy, and I could see Detroit being a really good place for him.

He's only 22 years old & has to be signed to an ELC contract. Supposedly he's NHL ready. 26 teams made the attempt to get him. Obviously they see him as a can't miss NHLer.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has tons of cap space, they can sign Semin and still find room for Suter...

/I'm not saying they should sign Semin, by the way...