• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Tootoo to Dallas - he'll fit in well there

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making $$ room

@PollakOnSharks: #SJSharks have added toughness by acquiring Mike Brown from Edmonton for 4th round pick in 2014.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making $$ room

@PollakOnSharks: #SJSharks have added toughness by acquiring Mike Brown from Edmonton for 4th round pick in 2014.

Man, talk about going from the outhouse to the penthouse :D

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't Edmonton pretty close to the 50 contract limit? I see this as a precursor to MacT being bold.

/In other words, dominoes.
48 contracts now, so yup, something is up I'd imagine

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making $$ room

I thought Edmonton was the one that needed toughness????

they have called up Ben Eager ... this could be one for the advanced stats non believers ... the numbers (corsi) as (Tyler Dellow has pointed out) favour Eager over Mike Brown :noidea:

as an aside ... whenever I talk Coilers i never know if the post should really belong in comedy gold ...prolly does

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have called up Ben Eager ... this could be one for the advanced stats non believers ... the numbers (corsi) as (Tyler Dellow has pointed out) favour Eager over Mike Brown :noidea:

as an aside ... whenever I talk Coilers i never know if the post should really belong in comedy gold ...prolly does

Making room with roster moves isn't comedy.

It's what they do with that room that will be.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger has some updates for us today.

Trade discussions between NHL clubs are starting to pick up.
The Detroit Red Wings are among the teams believed to be eager to make a move.
The Wings need to create some cap space and sources say Jordin Tootoo is in play.
Detroit would like to call up Gustav Nyquist from the AHL, but doesn't have the cap room to make it happen.
Tootoo makes $1.9 million this season and is valued by some teams because of his grit.
Also complicating things for Detroit from both a roster and cap standpoint is the potential return of injured forward Darren Helm.
Helm is scheduled to come off of I.R. on Saturday.
(He didn't skate today, so he may have other ailments he's dealing with, but, his 10-game, 24-day stint on I.R. ends on Saturday).
Eyes on Liles
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs are willing to sweeten the pot to get John-Michael Liles back in the National Hockey League and off of the Leafs' books.
Toronto will retain a significant portion of Liles's salary for the remainder of his contract to encourage a trade.
Liles, currently with the AHL's Toronto Marlies, carries a $3.875 million cap hit through 2015-16. He has a modified no-trade clause, which includes a list of 12 teams, submitted during the summer, that he would accept a trade to. However, at this point, Liles is more than willing to consider all NHL interest.
Recovery Mode
Dustin Penner is resting, hoping the symptoms from his first NHL concussion won't sideline him for too long.
Penner was knocked unconscious by a hit from Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt in the second period of the Anaheim Ducks 6-3 win over the Stars on Sunday.
No penalty was called on the play, however, Garbutt has been summoned by the NHL's Safety Department to an in-person discipline hearing, which allows league disciplinarian, Brendan Shanahan, the flexibility of suspending Garbutt for more than six games.
In spite of his injury, Penner was quick to engage with those on twitter on Sunday night who viewed the hit as far less heinous.
One tweet in particular from Penner (below) attached a video clip to emphasize referees Greg Kimmerly and Tim Peel missed the call:

@Dustinpenner25: To whom it may concern.....black&white vertical stripes.Orange horizontal stripe) Might of been 2 min minor?? http://t.co/JKxL0I8PPi
Penner says the tweet was sent to embarrass the people on Twitter who assessed the hit as clean. Furthermore, Penner says players want NHL officials held accountable and the use of social media might help deliver that message.
In this case, a mistake was made. Garbutt could have easily been called for charging after racing from the penalty box to make the hit on Penner, who clearly didn't see it coming.
Kimmerly and Peel would have received a call from their supervisor to discuss the incident, either postgame or Monday morning, and both are likely appreciative supplemental discipline is an option the NHL uses regardless of the call on the ice.
As for accountability, NHL officials are heavily scrutinized...just not publicly.
These men are constantly called to discuss their performance and each official is graded over the course of the season, which heavily impacts playoff assignments and, ultimately, job security.
As for Dustin Penner's tweeting habits, he's one of the best and constantly uses twitter to connect with NHL fans.
Also, this isn't the first time Penner responded to a thundering hit via twitter.
During the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs, Penner was rocked by St Louis Blues forward T.J Oshie.
Afterwards, Penner posted the following tweet, acknowledging the quality of the hit and teammate Mike Richards's role in the subsequent melee:
@Dustinpenner25. Anybody catch the license plate of that Truck? #ithinkitstartswitha7. Wawawewa. #aliG Thanks @Mrichie_10 #thatsleadership
Penner has a keen sense of humour, although there's nothing funny about the health issues he's dealing with now.

Dreger Report: Trade talks heating up and Penner update

Rangers could sure use a guy like Tootoo in our bottom 6. Adds some toughness that we lack right now.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils will take him for your choice of a middlin journeyman defenseman...we have plenty of 'em!

The Devils should talk to Edmonton about one of their young defenseman. MacTavish knows he needs to improve the blueline above all else. Well he needs a goalie to, but you can't have everything.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils should talk to Edmonton about one of their young defenseman. MacTavish knows he needs to improve the blueline above all else. Well he needs a goalie to, but you can't have everything.

Yeah they could trade for Yak I mean what could go wrong

:behindsofa:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dmitry Kulikov is on the block - plenty of teams should be asking for him

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they could trade for Yak I mean what could go wrong

:behindsofa:

The Devils need some young forwards because they've got a lot of vets on their roster. Somebody like a Gagner or Perron would help NJ. MacTavish is going to make a splash. I'm surprised he's been this patient. Yakupov might be the biggest bust since Daigle. We'll know soon enough.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils need some young forwards because they've got a lot of vets on their roster. Somebody like a Gagner or Perron would help NJ. MacTavish is going to make a splash. I'm surprised he's been this patient. Yakupov might be the biggest bust since Daigle. We'll know soon enough.

the thing for me about Yak is his attitude. if he goes south in his career you may not see a Russian drafted top 10 for a long long while

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing for me about Yak is his attitude. if he goes south in his career you may not see a Russian drafted top 10 for a long long while

The telling sign for me was against the Isles he wasn't willing to go to the net. He shied away from traffic. Goal scorers score because they're willing to take a hit to make a play. Yakupov doesn't seem willing to do that. The Isles have one of the smallest defenses in the league. Granted it's a little bigger right now with Carkner in the lineup & Visnovsky out, but it's not like Carkner is going to play 20 minutes per game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Yak is back on the top line tonight, so he should get plenty of ice time.