• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that be because you would have loved to see Kane in a Canucks uni? I think he's a terrific young player.

I think he either wanted him on the Canucks.....or he's a waiter in the Winnipeg area.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get a grip.

All the Jackets banners are coming down because the Arnold Sports Festival is in town this weekend. They all come down every fucking year at this time to make way for the Arnold ones.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup big skating strong centres are the biggest NHL commodity aside from big skating dmen

Coho is sub 6 feet and doesnt skate like the wind

He would never have suplanted a Hart winner and a Selke winner as far as taking their ice time

I say hes gonna be a perenial 70 point guy with Buffalo BUT Im backtracking abit from that ... hes gonna be a top 2 centreman now ... Ill wait and see how he does versus top 2 opposition defensive pairings ... because he never went up against them in vancouver ... lets see his production when he goes up against Seidenberg/Chara

Seidenberg/Chara will be going up against Roy's line. I think Hodgson will do well in Buiffalo because he's going to be playing with better linemates in Buffalo because he could be the 2nd line center.

The Canucks had the depth to make the move. I just don't know if Kassian is ready for the role the Canucks expect him to play. The Predators acquired Gaustad because the Blues are deep & BIG at Center. The Kassian trade is a big confusing to me. I don't see the Canucks as a soft team. Were they pushed around a bit against Boston? Yes, but they were also beat up. I don't think toughness was an issue. It was more about the Sedin's being shut down by Chara/Seidenberg than anything else.

I don't expect Kassian to have an impact this postseason, but we shall see.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seidenberg/Chara will be going up against Roy's line. I think Hodgson will do well in Buiffalo because he's going to be playing with better linemates in Buffalo because he could be the 2nd line center.

The Canucks had the depth to make the move. I just don't know if Kassian is ready for the role the Canucks expect him to play. The Predators acquired Gaustad because the Blues are deep & BIG at Center. The Kassian trade is a big confusing to me. I don't see the Canucks as a soft team. Were they pushed around a bit against Boston? Yes, but they were also beat up. I don't think toughness was an issue. It was more about the Sedin's being shut down by Chara/Seidenberg than anything else.

I don't expect Kassian to have an impact this postseason, but we shall see.

I said so as well in earlier posts ... but now I hear he might play with the Sedins and get to park his big ass in front of the net on the first unit pp .. so yes ... we will see

last right handed shot to play shotgun with the Sedins was Anson Carter ... Kassian could definitely open up alot of room for the twins

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said so as well in earlier posts ... but now I hear he might play with the Sedins and get to park his big ass in front of the net on the first unit pp .. so yes ... we will see

last right handed shot to play shotgun with the Sedins was Anson Carter ... Kassian could definitely open up alot of room for the twins

If that's the case Kassian has been given the best opportunity he will ever have to succeed. It's up to him to take advantage of it. The Canucks obviously believe he's ready.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear from Nash, the more I respect and like the guy...

The biggest news as Monday's trade deadline passed was the big deal that didn't happen - and Rick Nash said he wanted what was best for the only NHL club he's ever played for.

Nash, who was still captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets after the 3pm et deadline passed, explained to reporters on Tuesday that he asked to be traded to help his club's rebuilding effort.

""When management said they'd do a rebuild, I felt I could be a huge part of the rebuilding by bringing them assets," said Nash after his team's practice in Columbus. "I believe in ownership; I believe in (general manager) Scott Howson. I love the city and I love the fans. That won't change."

Nash, 27, was the subject of trade rumours for weeks until Howson announced on Monday that he was not able to trade the franchise's all-time leading scorer.

The club's first overall pick from 2002 is signed through the 2014-15 season and carries an annual salary cap hit of $7.8 million. His contract also includes a no-movement clause.

With just 20 games remaining in the regular season and his days in Columbus all but numbered, Nash was also asked if he should keep his captaincy for the final stretch. "That's management's decision," Nash told reporters. "I believe I'm the leader of this group right now."

Nash was also pressed on the possible reaction of Columbus fans, who already watched seven of their first nine first-round draft picks leave to play elesewhere.

"I'm not sure what to expect," said Nash. "I've been with the fans my entire career here. I'll love them no matter what."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest news as Monday's trade deadline passed was the big deal that didn't happen - and Rick Nash said he wanted what was best for the only NHL club he's ever played for.

Nash, who was still captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets after the 3pm et deadline passed, explained to reporters on Tuesday that he asked to be traded to help his club's rebuilding effort.

""When management said they'd do a rebuild, I felt I could be a huge part of the rebuilding by bringing them assets," said Nash after his team's practice in Columbus. "I believe in ownership; I believe in (general manager) Scott Howson. I love the city and I love the fans. That won't change."

Nash, 27, was the subject of trade rumours for weeks until Howson announced on Monday that he was not able to trade the franchise's all-time leading scorer.

The club's first overall pick from 2002 is signed through the 2014-15 season and carries an annual salary cap hit of $7.8 million. His contract also includes a no-movement clause.

With just 20 games remaining in the regular season and his days in Columbus all but numbered, Nash was also asked if he should keep his captaincy for the final stretch. "That's management's decision," Nash told reporters. "I believe I'm the leader of this group right now."

Nash was also pressed on the possible reaction of Columbus fans, who already watched seven of their first nine first-round draft picks leave to play elesewhere.

"I'm not sure what to expect," said Nash. "I've been with the fans my entire career here. I'll love them no matter what."

He's either a heck of an actor or a heck of a good guy.

EDIT: I suppose I should also mention that I'm leaning heavily toward the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's either a heck of an actor or a heck of a good guy.

EDIT: I suppose I should also mention that I'm leaning heavily toward the latter.

I was too late to make this my second edit, so I'll just quote.

If Kazaam is any indication, athletes cannot act, so I think it's pretty obvious Nash has to be a good guy.

220px-Kazaam_poster.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Howson still is employed after throwing Nash under the bus. Trying to save face. It's disgusting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Howson still is employed after throwing Nash under the bus. Trying to save face. It's disgusting.

Craig Patrick with be the GM in a couple weeks, and at the latest by the draft.

You heard it first from NostraDarkstone, so it has a 50% chance of happening.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone who has ever met him has come away with the impression that his comments today give.

The only time I ever encountered him personally was at fan day a few years ago. My son and I were off to the side near an exit door trying to get all our swag together. I was busy with a bag and my son said "That's... That's HIM" as he was being whisked away to another event. He crossed under the rope and came over and gave the boy a high five. Shook my hand and thanked us for coming out and went on his way. Left an impression on both me and the boy, you could say.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Patrick with be the GM in a couple weeks, and at the latest by the draft.

You heard it first from NostraDarkstone, so it has a 50% chance of happening.

I said it too, so does that give us 75% chance now?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone who has ever met him has come away with the impression that his comments today give.

The only time I ever encountered him personally was at fan day a few years ago. My son and I were off to the side near an exit door trying to get all our swag together. I was busy with a bag and my son said "That's... That's HIM" as he was being whisked away to another event. He crossed under the rope and came over and gave the boy a high five. Shook my hand and thanked us for coming out and went on his way. Left an impression on both me and the boy, you could say.

Nash needs to tone down his High Fives.....

:D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Flames bring in Suter and send JayBo to Nashville? I could live with that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Flames bring in Suter and send JayBo to Nashville? I could live with that.

i think you are carrying this Weber head lock punishment too far Dash