• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get Brown, just dont see how the caps could get him without having to give up Carlson or orlov

well Lombardi just acquired an aloof guy yesterday in jeff carter ... how about jizz boy ?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kypreos ‏ @RealKyper
#SNtrade news. With LA moving J. Johnson off blueline, keep an eye on #Kings to soon resign Willie Mitchell to multi year extension.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings either need a new system which plays into their players' talents or an entire new team which fits their system.

In general, it's easier to adjust the system. And with the Kings, there's more than enough talent on that roster to win games.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke's comments about looking for a goalie while the Isles are trying to resign Nabokov tick me off. If they can't sign him I'd rather the Isles trade Nabokov to Ottawa for peanuts just to make it that much tougher for the Leafs to make the playoffs.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke's comments about looking for a goalie while the Isles are trying to resign Nabokov tick me off. If they can't sign him I'd rather the Isles trade Nabokov to Ottawa for peanuts just to make it that much tougher for the Leafs to make the playoffs.

Id rep that but the damn wings fans took all my rep points last night and they still pissed at me.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demers and like... uhh... Torrey Mitchell for Brown?

We'll even throw in Colin White "for free"...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually just trying to think what fair value would be. I'm guessing they want another F who can score and probably want someone defensively responsible to help the PK. If I'm Homer I'd start with Read & a pick/prospect for Brown.

Honestly I'm really having a hard time putting a set value on him due to the fact that he doesn't really light it up offensively to warrant as big a return as Carter(can't believe LA gave that up), but he's better then Ruutu(which CAR wanted too much for). I thin Brown is more valuable for his type of play rather then his point totals though. I see a good young W and maybe a 2nd/3rd being more then enough to get Brown. That said I'm sure someone offers up more.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK, that nash talk was more hypo... would you trade a center for an equilavent winger..

BUT... I want Dustin Brown (Oshie, I wanted last deadline, take him if not brown)... what would it take to land him... nisky (RFA), Dupper or cooke (cheaper less talented version of brown), and a pick? ... friendly cap hit and the dude always leads the league in drawn penalties... pens like power plays...

am i way off again.. in terms of what the kings would want?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, that nash talk was more hypo... would you trade a center for an equilavent winger..

BUT... I want Dustin Brown (Oshie, I wanted last deadline, take him if not brown)... what would it take to land him... nisky (RFA), Dupper or cooke (cheaper less talented version of brown), and a pick? ... friendly cap hit and the dude always leads the league in drawn penalties... pens like power plays...

am i way off again.. in terms of what the kings would want?

Unless the pick is a 1st rounder I'd say you're off the mark. Even with a first I doubt the Kings do that unless you take Penner off of their hands.

The Kings don't need MORE forwards, they need quality top 6 forwards. Cooke and Dupuis don't fall in that category.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be my offer:
Semin
Hamrlik

For
Brown
Penner

Won't happen, but that'd be my offer

*this would also assume that the Caps think they are out of it which they don't.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unless the pick is a 1st rounder I'd say you're off the mark. Even with a first I doubt the Kings do that unless you take Penner off of their hands.

The Kings don't need MORE forwards, they need quality top 6 forwards. Cooke and Dupuis don't fall in that category.

no they do not...

brown and kunitz on the same team gets me happy though.. different lines of course... i hope the pens can make that happen...

EDIT: If Crosby was healthy, I would offer Staal, not straight up, would want more than brown.

EDIT: If the pens do nothing. i am also happy.... just fantasy Gm-ing

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weren't the Leafs interested in Penner? I'm sure they will be again when Nash isn't available since it doesn't seem like they're the best trade partner for Brown.

I'm thinking something like Read & a 2nd, maybe toss in a prospect for Brown. For those of you who don't know much about Read he's 3rd in rooking scoring with 34pts(16G, 18A) and a +9. He plays all situations for the Flyers, but his PP time has gone down a little with the returns of Schenn and JVR. I know the Flyers don't need/want Penner either as we have the same problem as the Kings up front(logjam).

So what do you think Read & a 2nd in the ballpark or do you all think Lombardi wants a lot more?