• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Bernier and Dustin Penner for Jeff Carter -- Why it could happen: Columbus wants to get rid of this guy; his stock is at a career low; they need a goalie; his contract expires next century, which makes it possible for a team to get him for less; he is, after all, an (until recently) injured Flyer. Why it won't happen: Lombardi doesn't like 24 hour party people; he does like his goaltending tandem; Penner will be a tough pill to swallow (though the Kings would need to move salary to make the deal work). Why I would want it: scoring. Why I wouldn't: what if his stock isn't at a career low? Also, I like Bernier a lot.

I think the bigger problem/question is Penner... I have a hard time believing any GM in this league would trade for/take that guy and his contract off your hands at this point... I mean, not even for getting-to-cap-floor purposes or whatever. /shrug

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger problem/question is Penner... I have a hard time believing any GM in this league would trade for/take that guy and his contract off your hands at this point... I mean, not even for getting-to-cap-floor purposes or whatever. /shrug

He's a UFA at the end of the season. He plays in Columbus for 1 month than they can waive goodbye. It would be Bernier for Carter. I don't think the Blue Jackets accept that offer. The Kings would probably have to give up their 1st round pick as well.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you...you can have him for a discount? We'll take Eaton back! Gosh I just want that contract gone. That's all. It makes the future much easier with him gone. I think that the only prospect the Pens would give up would be Tangradi...and that's not saying much anymore.

No thanks. Like I said I'd prefer to get a top prospect. One of the Penguins D prospects Depres or Morrow. No deal otherwise.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a UFA at the end of the season. He plays in Columbus for 1 month than they can waive goodbye. It would be Bernier for Carter. I don't think the Blue Jackets accept that offer. The Kings would probably have to give up their 1st round pick as well.

They just sent their best faceoff guy - who wears the A, is consistent, and fan favorite to the desert for two mid-level picks and an AHL backup who had half his stomach muscles ripped out of him.

Don't put ANYTHING past Howson at this point.

I have this immense fear that we'll get something like Dustin Byfuglien or Mason Raymond for Carter. Havlat or Hemsky.

At least Carter plays sometimes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Like I said I'd prefer to get a top prospect. One of the Penguins D prospects Depres or Morrow. No deal otherwise.

Not happening. Those two aren't being traded for anyone, let alone a rental.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamrlik needs to start roman into retirement...

This just made me think of this. I think this guy agreed with your sentiments about 2 years ago.

[YOUTUBE]-D6JMg1e4DM[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Hamrlik was with the Flames and he was trying to get a new contract and was seeking (according to reports) $5 million a year.

Darryl Sutter's reply: "Try the lottery"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: you kinda scared me there for a second (at least based on what i've seen the oilers are asking for)

not at all what the flyers need.. unless he can PK, which i doubt based on everyone talking about his talent level, and his propencity to be injured (i'll admit, haven't watched him much)

yeah sorry it was misleading on purpose. but Jagr seems to think he can score 100 points so maybe he's lobbying to get him :)

I think he is very injury prone. yeah he would probably be a little better on another team but not 100 points.

also. um Raymond and Ballard can PK :) we can take JVR :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah sorry it was misleading on purpose. but Jagr seems to think he can score 100 points so maybe he's lobbying to get him :)

I think he is very injury prone. yeah he would probably be a little better on another team but not 100 points.

also. um Raymond and Ballard can PK :) we can take JVR :)

ya jags seems to be passing around praise a lot this year.. i love giroux, but comparing him to lemieux (sorry if i spelled it wrong, that one's tough for me) is a bit much haha

have you kept track of how many teams you've offered raymond and ballard? i bet its almost the entire league by now :lol:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya jags seems to be passing around praise a lot this year.. i love giroux, but comparing him to lemieux (sorry if i spelled it wrong, that one's tough for me) is a bit much haha

have you kept track of how many teams you've offered raymond and ballard? i bet its almost the entire league by now :lol:

haven't hit toronto yet :).... lol

and ottawa. if I sent that offer there for Karlsson I think kenny would snipe me

heh...

Jagr is really enjoying hockey again I think so its showing in how he talks about it and with the press (from what I see as its limited)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't hit toronto yet :).... lol

and ottawa. if I sent that offer there for Karlsson I think kenny would snipe me

heh...

Jagr is really enjoying hockey again I think so its showing in how he talks about it and with the press (from what I see as its limited)

ya he does.. i think he's done way more for the team in terms of being a good personality in the locker room than he has on the ice.. almost every game you see him sit down with some of the young guys and coach them up a bit.. especially when he plays w/ them

and if he does anything for the flyers, i hope his work ethic rubs off on the young guys.. dude skates, after practice, with a 40lb weight jacket on.. just crazy

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's with these dustin brown rumors?

Apparently "shopping" for offers. I think they want to make Kopitar captain and are trying to see how much value Brown has. I like how he plays and can see him being worth a first or young quality prospect, or maybe a good rental D & a pick. I know if both Brown & Bernier were available in a package the Kings would get a real nice return. That said if Lombardi isn't blown away Brown won't be moved, but I gotta figure someone is gonna make a strong offer.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently "shopping" for offers. I think they want to make Kopitar captain and are trying to see how much value Brown has. I like how he plays and can see him being worth a first or young quality prospect, or maybe a good rental D & a pick. I know if both Brown & Bernier were available in a package the Kings would get a real nice return. That said if Lombardi isn't blown away Brown won't be moved, but I gotta figure someone is gonna make a strong offer.

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Why trade Brown? IMO, LAK like Brown as "player," not as enthused about Brown as captain. IMO, only matter of time til Mike Richards gets C.