• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way someone's trading for Hamrlik...3.5 million and another year? 35+ deal?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon @JSportsnet
@darenmillard Ruutu wanted six years.Rutherford didn't want to commit for that long.Raise was to compensate for 2 year difference.

i still think it might be July 1st

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon @JSportsnet
@darenmillard Ruutu wanted six years.Rutherford didn't want to commit for that long.Raise was to compensate for 2 year difference.

:wacko:

SIX YEARS?!?!?!?!?! He's 29!!! 29 and never scored more than 26 goals. He's talented, don't get me wrong...but sheesh. These guys are killing the market, which will only lead to a screwed up cap. And we all know what that leads to.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon @JSportsnet

It sure is nice outside, almost didn't make it back for work (could easily find time for 18 holes of golf)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I wanted the Sharks to land Ruutu but at that price Carolina can keep him.
ditto. that's pretty silly money for an OK player

I mean, I'm just comparing it to the Neal deal of this past week...which would you rather? James Neal at 5 or Ruutu at 4.75.... Ruutu's peak pts in a season is 57 and peak goals is 26. That's all fine and dandy, but 4.75 is a big tag for that. He's got 30 points this year. Also...Ruutu is 29. For comparison sake: Neal is 24,
I was thinking Kesler at a $5m comparable.
that salary level should be rarified air (for impact players), but when you look at some other comparables:
CapGeek.com : NHL Salary Leaders
Gionta, Havlat, Rolston..... yeeeesh.

Hahhaha. And the thing in my mind is this: what leverage does the player have in this situation? Sure, if you want to resign him you try...but at your number. If that doesn't work and you are forced to overpay, trade him! They could've gotten a good return for him from some silly team.
could get return for him now, with a firm handshake to keep the lines of communications open on July 1.
was anyone else really going to bid $4.75m multi-year for him?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ditto. that's pretty silly money for an OK player

I was thinking Kesler at a $5m comparable.
that salary level should be rarified air (for impact players), but when you look at some other comparables:
CapGeek.com : NHL Salary Leaders
Gionta, Havlat, Rolston..... yeeeesh.

could get return for him now, with a firm handshake to keep the lines of communications open on July 1.
was anyone else really going to bid $4.75m multi-year for him?

If Tim Connolly can get 4.5M per for two years who knows what Ruutu would have gotten on the open market. I know P.A. Parenteau is one very happy winger right now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tim Connolly can get 4.5M per for two years who knows what Ruutu would have gotten on the open market. I know P.A. Parenteau is one very happy winger right now.

Think he's moving now? Or will they still play it out in hopes of an extension?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he's moving now? Or will they still play it out in hopes of an extension?

Parenteau said last week he doesn't want to talk about a new contract until the offseason. I expect him to be dealt before the deadline.

The Islanders are focused on resigning Nabokov right now. However, that might not happen because Nabby & his agent want to know what's going to happen with Dipietro & with a new CBA coming nobody knows for sure what the rules are going to be. Nabby wants to be the clear cut #1. He doesn't want the Dipietro distraction around.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parenteau said last week he doesn't want to talk about a new contract until the offseason. I expect him to be dealt before the deadline.

What return do you want? I don't see the Pens getting him, as nice as it'd be...just because I think our forwards are set minus Sid.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What return do you want? I don't see the Pens getting him, as nice as it'd be...just because I think our forwards are set minus Sid.

It's hard for me to gauge his value. He's making 1.25M for the entire season. So basically any team can add him to their roster from a cap standpoint. I'd prefer a top prospect who's close to NHL ready, but expect a 1st round pick. I don't understand why a team would want Ales Hemsky if they could get Parenteau. He's a set up man on the wing. I think he'd be a good fit for a lot of teams.

Many Isles fans don't think Garth will get anything for anybody. Isles nation is VERY depressed right now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to gauge his value. He's making 1.25M for the entire season. So basically any team can add him to their roster from a cap standpoint. I'd prefer a top prospect who's close to NHL ready, but expect a 1st round pick. I don't understand why a team would want Ales Hemsky if they could get Parenteau. He's a set up man on the wing. I think he'd be a good fit for a lot of teams.

Many Isles fans don't think Garth will get anything for anybody. Isles nation is VERY depressed right now.

Oh man...1.25?! Do you...want Paul Martin? Hahha :) How about Paul Martin AND a 2nd rounder? No? Damn.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Burke has admitted today he will be in the market for a goalie.

haha...... nice that you um noticed Brian

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Martin is a non starter for the Islanders. They offered him more money than Pittsburgh did & he turned them down.

So...you...you can have him for a discount? We'll take Eaton back! Gosh I just want that contract gone. That's all. It makes the future much easier with him gone. I think that the only prospect the Pens would give up would be Tangradi...and that's not saying much anymore.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Burke has admitted today he will be in the market for a goalie.

haha...... nice that you um noticed Brian

Luongo for Phaneuf?

/Canucks need a dense err I mean depth defenseman

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Bernier and Dustin Penner for Jeff Carter -- Why it could happen: Columbus wants to get rid of this guy; his stock is at a career low; they need a goalie; his contract expires next century, which makes it possible for a team to get him for less; he is, after all, an (until recently) injured Flyer. Why it won't happen: Lombardi doesn't like 24 hour party people; he does like his goaltending tandem; Penner will be a tough pill to swallow (though the Kings would need to move salary to make the deal work). Why I would want it: scoring. Why I wouldn't: what if his stock isn't at a career low? Also, I like Bernier a lot.