• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
pens fans... would you do this?

trade martin, TK, and 1st ($7 mil) for nash ($7.8 mil - 2018). With current players, Pens would be cap manageable. Whe Sid/ Staal contract year is here (looking for raises), trade one of them for a boat load (picks and prospects, etc). Pens top lines would be:

nash-sid-
neal-malkin-

or

neal-malkin
nash-staal-

apologies if been discussed before

EDIT: or trade malkin. basically trade a center.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
pens fans... would you do this?

trade martin, TK, and 1st ($7 mil) for nash ($7.8 mil - 2018).

for that first part...... why on earth would Columbus even consider an offer like that?
there is pretty much nothing in it for them. the most value is a late-level 1st rounder.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for that first part...... why on earth would Columbus even consider an offer like that?
there is pretty much nothing in it for them. the most value is a late-level 1st rounder.

well, to a degree, but I hear you...

martin has been under performing this year, and Pens have d depth, if they didnt, I wouldnt want to trade him. hes still a talent.

TK at 2 mil is a good value. still will be RFA at end of contract.

what is columbus looking for... that offer has a legit nhler (martin), a good prospect (TK), and a 1st rd pick.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont wanna jump in on pile on.. but how is TK a good prospect? especially when compared with the couturier, schenn, schenn, colborne, gardiner, rask names that are being thrown out?

everything i've read says CBJ is looking for a legit NHL player, 2 high quality prospects, and a 1st round pick.. i.e. Simmonds, JvR, Couturier, and a 1st (if it were the flyers)

i think CBJ is pricing themselves out of offers, cause that's a ridiculous request.. but there's still a good bit of ground between your offer and what CBJ is looking for IMO

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
what is columbus looking for... that offer has a legit nhler (martin), a good prospect (TK), and a 1st rd pick.

There is nothing that hints as a impact player going back to CBJ.
If they are going to move the face of the franchise, they need more than interchangeable parts (including one with a bad contract) coming back.

just my opinion of course. your mileage may vary.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont wanna jump in on pile on.. but how is TK a good prospect? especially when compared with the couturier, schenn, schenn, colborne, gardiner, rask names that are being thrown out?

everything i've read says CBJ is looking for a legit NHL player, 2 high quality prospects, and a 1st round pick.. i.e. Simmonds, JvR, Couturier, and a 1st (if it were the flyers)

i think CBJ is pricing themselves out of offers, cause that's a ridiculous request.. but there's still a good bit of ground between your offer and what CBJ is looking for IMO

apparently JVR is being shopped to

Toronto
Nashville
Cant remember the third team...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently JVR is being shopped to

Toronto
Nashville
Cant remember the third team...

where do you hear that?

i've heard colorado is interested now too.. and we all heard toronto.. haven't heard nashville though

and my understanding is the flyers aren't shopping him, but teams seem to think they are so they are pursuing him

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where do you hear that?

i've heard colorado is interested now too.. and we all heard toronto.. haven't heard nashville though

and my understanding is the flyers aren't shopping him, but teams seem to think they are so they are pursuing him

that was it Colorado. Local Radio and TSN is where I heard it

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was it Colorado. Local Radio and TSN is where I heard it

nice.. i wish i lived in canada where the local radio actually talks about hockey :(

the colorado one is what intrigued me the most, and now nashville.. what do the flyers want from them i wonder?

toronto obviously they want one of their D-prospects, likely schenn

i suppose the flyers could ask for siemens or elliot in return for jvr, but i'm not sure the avs would do that

in nashville i'm guessing blum would be the target, unless they still think they have a shot at suter

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

there is no piling on, im here for info... I through out a hypothetical, not understanding the situation... my pens knowledge dwarfs that of the nhl, as I get older, my pens knowledge increases but my nhl decreases... I do not know much about columbus and there situation... but I know what the pens need, Imo... on that topic, I would rather have 2 good wingers (nash and neal) and 2 good centers (malkin and staal) than 3 good centers (yes, I hinted at trading sid in there, in the near future)... i guess if sid was healthy, staal for nash is more something columbus would want... stilll would do it... they still have to take martin though...we get rj...

martin-staal

nash-rj pittsburgher

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no piling on, im here for info... I through out a hypothetical, not understanding the situation... my pens knowledge dwarfs that of the nhl, as I get older, my pens knowledge increases but my nhl decreases... I do not know much about columbus and there situation... but I know what the pens need, Imo... on that topic, I would rather have 2 good wingers (nash and neal) and 2 good centers (malkin and staal) than 3 good centers (yes, I hinted at trading sid in there, in the near future)... i guess if sid was healthy, staal for nash is more something columbus would want... stilll would do it... they still have to take martin though...we get rj...

martin-staal

nash-rj pittsburgher

heh, if you get umberger you realize you're cutting his productivity in half by eliminating the pens as an opponent right? :D.. though i suppose him playing in pittsburgh half the time would more than balance that out

the pens are just in a tricky spot in terms of improving with sid so wishy washy.. its tough to add salary when there's an 8.7 hit out there looming, potentially coming back at any moment

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, if you get umberger you realize you're cutting his productivity in half by eliminating the pens as an opponent right? :D.. though i suppose him playing in pittsburgh half the time would more than balance that out

the pens are just in a tricky spot in terms of improving with sid so wishy washy.. its tough to add salary when there's an 8.7 hit out there looming, potentially coming back at any moment

Without Sid the Penguins beat the Flyers 6-4 in their last meeting. Imagine how lopsided it will be when Sid comes back.:D:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry JA, but that's a terrible, terrible deal...and idea. The Pens don't need Nash. What this team needs is to get rid of Paul Martin in any way possible and gain a shutdown defenseman. And Sid to be healthy. Also, Sid's never going to be traded. Sorry. Even with the question marks, any deal wouldn't be enough.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Sid the Penguins beat the Flyers 6-4 in their last meeting. Imagine how lopsided it will be when Sid comes back.:D:

Haha, the funny thing is I watched the CSN feed and they were discussing shutting down Geno and how dangerous he was, and then Jagr's numbers against the Pens (I forget the average, but I think it was like .8 a game), and all I could do was think about how Sid's averaged like 1.2 against the Flyers throughout his career. *sigh* Gosh I hope he gets healthy soon. It's weird to start forgetting about him...but I am.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably won't even come close to doing it but it's scary that teams like the Wings, Blues and Preds can add more than $20M in annual salaries at the deadline.