• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
care to elaborate why, or are you just blinded by the prospect of having Nash who prob won't end up being traded?

Kings are deep in D.

Kings need a proven top six scoring winger(s)

Kings have Kopi, Richards, Loktionov down the middle.

I would be happy if Kings stand fast and wait till the offseason.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are deep in D.

Kings need a proven top six scoring winger(s)

Kings have Kopi, Richards, Loktionov down the middle.

I would be happy if Kings stand fast and wait till the offseason.

I guess that makes sense. I didn't realize Loktionov was that ready(or that he was a natural C), plus Richie had played some wing here and I was under the impression Kopi had as well. That would have given you 2 top 6 forwards(1w, 1 natural C) & I thought Carle would be a stop gate till the end of the season where he could walk with your depth in prospects on D & I figured the 1st would help make up value for Bernier.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that makes sense. I didn't realize Loktionov was that ready(or that he was a natural C), plus Richie had played some wing here and I was under the impression Kopi had as well. That would have given you 2 top 6 forwards(1w, 1 natural C) & I thought Carle would be a stop gate till the end of the season where he could walk with your depth in prospects on D & I figured the 1st would help make up value for Bernier.

thank you for understanding.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who are the sellers come next week?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flames ain't selling, nor should they be buying. Depth forward or depth defenseman provided the cost is low and that's it. Essentially standing pat (big trade was already made bringing back Squidy)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sergei Bobrovsky and Ilya Bryzgalov struggling, Panaccio fells that New York Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov would be a good fit.

The rotating carousel continues.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say there're actually surprisingly few definite sellers this year.

In the East, Buffalo and Carolina are tied for last, yet only 7 points out of a playoff spot, which even though it leaves a lot of teams to pass (though three of them are tied at only one point ahead) is not that huge of a stretch with 20+ yet to play.

In the West, Columbus and Edmonton should be obvious sellers, but then you move up to Anaheim, who only sits 5 points out of a PO spot, which again is not impossible.

I think the focus this year is going to be less about teams that are wholesale sellers and moreso on moving players that they don't think they have a legit chance of re-signing.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the teams in the Southeast Division are still in the playoff chase (although winning the division crown might be the only way to actually make it in).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like its gonna be alot of teams chasing few players .... therefore high asking prices will remain

dont really know if the canucks will do anything? depth wise i think theyre gonna hope Bitz stays healthy and call up Steve Reinprecht for the playoff run

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

East Main Sellers

Carolina - team has some pieces that they can move. They need to influx new talent/picks to get them out of the funk and back into the playoff run

East Lesser Sellers
Montreal - this is tough as you would think 6 points out of a playoff spot is not bad but too many teams to pass
Buffalo - I don't think this is a bad team. I think they are having a bad year (see philly a few years back) they have arguably one of the best goalies in the league and can play way above their potential. I honestly think a coach change is needed.
New York Islanders - 6 points out but like montreal too many to pass. unload dipetro by buyout or retirement and they can use the cap space a little more effectively heh... Snow and Wang effective... heh

West Main Sellers

Edmonton - Hemsky, Gagner, Khabibulin, Horcoff can all be expendable
Columbus - Nash is the obvious but I would not doubt if Carter gets moved

West Lesser Sellers
Minnesota- strange team. should be better but can't get over the hump.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

East Main Sellers

Carolina - team has some pieces that they can move. They need to influx new talent/picks to get them out of the funk and back into the playoff run

East Lesser Sellers
Montreal - this is tough as you would think 6 points out of a playoff spot is not bad but too many teams to pass
Buffalo - I don't think this is a bad team. I think they are having a bad year (see philly a few years back) they have arguably one of the best goalies in the league and can play way above their potential. I honestly think a coach change is needed.
New York Islanders - 6 points out but like montreal too many to pass. unload dipetro by buyout or retirement and they can use the cap space a little more effectively heh... Snow and Wang effective... heh

West Main Sellers

Edmonton - Hemsky, Gagner, Khabibulin, Horcoff can all be expendable
Columbus - Nash is the obvious but I would not doubt if Carter gets moved

West Lesser Sellers
Minnesota- strange team. should be better but can't get over the hump.

on carolina ... 8 points back of 3rd in the conference? one of the hottest teams since Jan 1st, 2012? Ruutus hurt ... maybe they move Bryan Allen?

Blob Mac was just on radio and said Colorado will be moving pieces soon ... Daniel Winnik and David Jones interest the Canucks ... as does Steve Ott in Dallas :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on carolina ... 8 points back of 3rd in the conference? one of the hottest teams since Jan 1st, 2012? Ruutus hurt ... maybe they move Bryan Allen?

Blob Mac was just on radio and said Colorado will be moving pieces soon ... Daniel Winnik and David Jones interest the Canucks ... as does Steve Ott in Dallas :L

I didn't think about Colorado. I would love DAvid Jones, not much known to me about Winnik. Steve Ott would fit the Hate from the rest of the league but I would be uneasy having him on my favourite team.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think about Colorado. I would love DAvid Jones, not much known to me about Winnik. Steve Ott would fit the Hate from the rest of the league but I would be uneasy having him on my favourite team.

yup!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A league executive on deadline day: "Prices are high. Too many teams in race. It's difficult for some teams to decide if they should sell."