• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it if I was Yzerman.

Ballard just hasn't fit in in Vancouver; I think he could still play decently down the road. Yzerman might as for a 2nd rounder to take on a cap hit like that but next year Ballard is going to be a better player than Kubina and the future is all that counts for the Bolts right now.

I agree with your assessment on Kubina ... he was never really a prime skater to begin with ... but its pretty much clear the Ballard experiment has failed here ... he cant play on his wrong side and the canucks need a right shot dman ... its as much a lateral move to extracate that contract off the cap

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nash is just a smokescreen for the trading of Jeff Carter - I really don't think Nash is going anywhere (maybe in the summer, but not at the trade deadline).

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nash is just a smokescreen for the trading of Jeff Carter - I really don't think Nash is going anywhere (maybe in the summer, but not at the trade deadline).

It wouldn't surprise me. It makes more sense to trade him in the summer or at the draft than right now, IMO.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're still not winning the goddamn Cup this year.:sorry:

128811897406265806.jpg

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a rumor but something i was thinking about yesterday. The Penguins may be able to unload Paul Martin and that shitty contract after the free agents start signing. If Nashville loses Suter (most likely) and Weber gets an offer sheet (50-50 chance) and leaves the Preds will need a puck moving d-man.

Shero has a good relationship with Poile going back to when he was the assistant GM. I hope to God this happens.

Martin for Halischuk and a 2nd or 3rd would do it for me...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a rumor but something i was thinking about yesterday. The Penguins may be able to unload Paul Martin and that shitty contract after the free agents start signing. If Nashville loses Suter (most likely) and Weber gets an offer sheet (50-50 chance) and leaves the Preds will need a puck moving d-man.

Shero has a good relationship with Poile going back to when he was the assistant GM. I hope to God this happens.

Martin for Halischuk and a 2nd or 3rd would do it for me...

what is his salary>

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is his salary>

5 million for 3 more years...

He looks so out of place on the ice. Terrible is his own end, shows little to no offensive abilities.

When i watched him play in Jersey (mostly against the pens) he looked like a decent d-man. Not so much when you watch him every night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Martin is a totally different player now than he was with the Devils. He was solid carrying the puck, good passer/skater, and had solid positioning in his own end. The way he looks now is the way he looked in the playoffs for us. Scared to get physical in the corners, hesitant with the puck, just no confidence whatsoever. Wasn't sad to see him go.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Anaheim Ducks with five, count 'em, five spots reserved for scouts at tonight's Rangers-Blackhawks game.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not interested in seeing Martin come back to NJ, trade him to the BJ's. He belongs there.

The guy was a huge let down in the playoffs and performed well below expectations. His play was one of the reasons the Devils kept performing poorly in the playoffs. The schmuck then had the nerve to say his reasoning for joining Pittsburgh was for a better chance at a cup...

YOU HAVE TO PERFORM YOUR JOB IF YOU WANT TO WIN A CUP!!! YOU CANT COAST AND HOPE THE OTHER PLAYERS DRAG YOU ALONG!!!

fucking Paul Martin

(he did play well in the regular season when there wasn't much hitting, so its still weird he has been that bad)