• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Buffalo fan, but if they sent Miller packing and the big piece coming the other way was Jeff Carter, the citizens would burn that city to the ground.

So you're saying there's no downside?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do enjoy ex-flyers being hated on.. makes me feel like homer did well last summer

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do enjoy ex-flyers being hated on.. makes me feel like homer did well last summer

It's going to be very interesting to see what Columbus gets in return if they trade Carter. It's probably not going to come close to what Philly got. It all depends on how much the Blue Jackets want to rid themselves of his contract.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be very interesting to see what Columbus gets in return if they trade Carter. It's probably not going to come close to what Philly got. It all depends on how much the Blue Jackets want to rid themselves of his contract.

It's not the contract so much as it is the redundant nature of his presence. He's a top 3 forward who is centering another guy who likes to shoot as much as he does. They don't hate the guy, they just don't need him. And if someone does, they'd do the move in a minute.

If Carter would slot to LW with Johansen or Brassard feeding them, it might work out. Right now he's playing with Vermette and Prospal, and they've been okay. Umberger - Johansen/Brassard - Nash has been the top line.

And yeah, they won't get anything near what they gave up in return. But the writing was on the wall for Voracek here. He was not going to stay long. Couturier hurts though. I know drafting's a crapshoot, but the kid looks like a stud.

And if Howson had the pick he'd have chosen some Russian who sucks his thumb still, anyway...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the contract so much as it is the redundant nature of his presence. He's a top 3 forward who is centering another guy who likes to shoot as much as he does. They don't hate the guy, they just don't need him. And if someone does, they'd do the move in a minute.

If Carter would slot to LW with Johansen or Brassard feeding them, it might work out. Right now he's playing with Vermette and Prospal, and they've been okay. Umberger - Johansen/Brassard - Nash has been the top line.

And yeah, they won't get anything near what they gave up in return. But the writing was on the wall for Voracek here. He was not going to stay long. Couturier hurts though. I know drafting's a crapshoot, but the kid looks like a stud.

And if Howson had the pick he'd have chosen some Russian who sucks his thumb still, anyway...

I think come the 27th Carter will be reunited with Richards in LA. The Kings have a bunch of prospects. Heck the two kids they just brought up got their 1st goals last night & they weren't on anyone's radar. Even though one of them is Ted Nolan's son.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that the 8th seed battle looks to be a battle between Toronto, Winnipeg, and Washington. I think the tease of sitting near the playoffs may keep the Caps from making moves though.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
MTL GM Pierre Gauthier on why he's in DC: "I'm just trying to make my players nervous!"

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps = Done.

Semin, schultz, Knuble, and Harmlik should all be available.

What happened with Knuble? His production has completely fallen off this year. I wanted him to sign with the Sharks pretty bad a few years back when he was a free agent but I'm not sure I would be willing to give any assets up for him now...

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think come the 27th Carter will be reunited with Richards in LA. The Kings have a bunch of prospects. Heck the two kids they just brought up got their 1st goals last night & they weren't on anyone's radar. Even though one of them is Ted Nolan's son.

Him and Mason straight up for Quick!

I know...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened with Knuble? His production has completely fallen off this year. I wanted him to sign with the Sharks pretty bad a few years back when he was a free agent but I'm not sure I would be willing to give any assets up for him now...

I doubt the Caps would ever trade him to the Pens, but I'd still take him. He'd be a perfect deadline day pick up for a contender.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's fallen out of favor mostly. He can be effective, but he can't be playing 10 minutes of ice time with 3rd or 4th line linemates. He's a real good vet that dale has just seemed to think he's done and now he's getting healthy scratched because he isnt producing on the 3rd or 4th line.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fallen out of favor mostly. He can be effective, but he can't be playing 10 minutes of ice time with 3rd or 4th line linemates. He's a real good vet that dale has just seemed to think he's done and now he's getting healthy scratched because he isnt producing on the 3rd or 4th line.

I wouldn't mind the Wings picking him up. Let him finish out his career where it all started.

Still remember his very first NHL game, the infamous "Brawl in Hockeytown" game on March 26th, 1997.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Mason straight up for Quick!

I know...

Carter to the Kings makes sense for BJs. I'm not sure it does for the Kings; not because the value isn't there but because of the reputation of Carter and Richards and what they get up to off of the ice.

If the Kings were to be interested though, no way does quick move. C-Bus should be looking at Mason and Carter for Bernier, a 1st and a prospect.

Edit: throw in Penner as a cap dump for the Kings.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter to the Kings makes sense for BJs. I'm not sure it does for the Kings; not because the value isn't there but because of the reputation of Carter and Richards and what they get up to off of the ice.

If the Kings were to be interested though, no way does quick move. C-Bus should be looking at Mason and Carter for Bernier, a 1st and a prospect.

Edit: throw in Penner as a cap dump for the Kings.

There was a rumor a week or two ago about Carter & Sanford for Bernier & a 1st round pick. Throw in Penner & it's possibly a deal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings are insane if they bring Carter in. Just...insane.