• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird that I could see that sort of maybe happening? Kane is a Buffalo native, Chicago needs goalie help and it seems as if maybe Miller's time in Buffalo is up and he just needs a fresh start.

I would think maybe crawford has to be packaged back on that. but yeah its not unreal. I don't see buffalo moving Miller however.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think maybe crawford has to be packaged back on that. but yeah its not unreal. I don't see buffalo moving Miller however.

I think Enroth is a serviceable guy for Buffalo...but I admit to not watching them closely lately. Also, most "inside" people don't see it as impossible to think Buffalo will move him, but much more likely to occur in the summer. Obviously there'd need to be more to the deal than one for one...but honestly it's not a terrible trade off.

EDIT: And by "not terrible" I mean that they'd both be selling pretty low, but both teams would also be getting a proven player who has been known to perform at an All-Star level.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Enroth is a serviceable guy for Buffalo...but I admit to not watching them closely lately. Also, most "inside" people don't see it as impossible to think Buffalo will move him, but much more likely to occur in the summer. Obviously there'd need to be more to the deal than one for one...but honestly it's not a terrible trade off.

The Hawks have plenty of cap space so Miller's contract wouldn't be an issue. Kane makes plenty anyway. How do you guys think Kane would handle playing in his hometown? Bad idea or Good idea??

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have plenty of cap space so Miller's contract wouldn't be an issue. Kane makes plenty anyway. How do you guys think Kane would handle playing in his hometown? Bad idea or Good idea??

I think it'd be good for him. He'd be a fan favorite most likely, and a city like Buffalo offers less "issues" than a place like Chicago in terms of Cabbie issues (although...that did happen in Buffalo). But his family would be close by to keep an eye on him I suppose. The pressure is probably the same though...if not more in Buffalo. He paid his dues in Chicago, won them the Cup...Buffalo? Well, they want the same.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of makes sense, but I don't think it would work without a goalie coming back to Buffalo and a winger going back to Chicago incorporated somehow into the deal as well.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of makes sense, but I don't think it would work without a goalie coming back to Buffalo and a winger going back to Chicago incorporated somehow into the deal as well.

Crawford could to Buffalo in the deal. I imagine Buffalo wouldn't have a problem finding a winger to put in the deal. Heck they'd probably be thrilled if the Blackhawks would take Leino off their hands.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird that I could see that sort of maybe happening? Kane is a Buffalo native, Chicago needs goalie help and it seems as if maybe Miller's time in Buffalo is up and he just needs a fresh start.

I think it makes some sense too. Miller seems a bit out of sorts in Buffalo right now.

Maybe something like Miller and Roy for Kane, Crawford and a 1st?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the ASG, I would have agreed that Miller was on the block, though I'm not so sure anymore.

Counting the last game before the break and the games since, he's posted something like a .957 Sv%, two shutouts, has given up 9 goals, and is 5-1-1 in the past 7 games (and the OTL was a shutout shootout loss).

Could obviously just be a hot-streak, but he's looked better in this stretch than at any point since the mid-point of last season, so he may have finally gotten the problems figured out.

Given that and that the team is suddenly playing pretty well, I doubt he hits the block.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a certain group that hopes Kane gets traded to Buffalo...

IBEW/Cab Drivers Local 673

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a certain group that hopes Kane gets traded to Buffalo...

IBEW/Cab Drivers Local 673

kane20centsce.png

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what the Sabres need? A scoring Center with a low cap hit for a LOOOONG time.

And a team that has one of those has a need for a goalie. Perfect.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what the Sabres need? A scoring Center with a low cap hit for a LOOOONG time.

I'm picking up what you're putting down, 43. Hopefully Regier bites before Jay Feaster does.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking up what you're putting down, 43. Hopefully Regier bites before Jay Feaster does.

Feaster is hungry?

exxxxcellleeeent.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carter and Mason for Miller and...

Leino?

Roy?

Gaustad?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter and Mason for Miller and...

Leino?

Roy?

Gaustad?

Leino? Maybe

Roy? I would sooner cut off my penis with a rusty butterknife.

Gaustad? Not sure he'd fit right here. We have too many that can play Center as it is. Now if Brassard goes somewhere...

We need D help. How about Leopold?

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Buffalo fan, but if they sent Miller packing and the big piece coming the other way was Jeff Carter, the citizens would burn that city to the ground.