• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like to keep an eye on Gus bradley in Jax

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys bashing bradley are crazy! Do the names bennett avril and mcdonald ring a bell? They were the hawks top 3 in sacks,,,,,they werent here when bradley was.

Our d was greatlast year, it was really good under bradley, more maturiy all around plus the names above gave quinn a huge advantage.

Everyone here witnessed his performance first hand. The secondary is all PC. Bradley's job was in the trenches and he was awful. Yes, he didn't have much to work with, but those guys were professionals and it's a miracle that we were so good on defense given how inept our pass rush was.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how how having players like Bennett helps makes a DC like Quinn looks like a genius and lacking those type of players make you look less then a genius.
The Seahawks really hit the jackpot with who they signed on the DL this year. Not just Bennett, but Avril and McDaniel. They all added to just how good the Seahawks were this year.
I see some here call for more blitz's under Bradley. You under stand that blitzing is a gamble? Basically your not covering receivers as well as you could and crossing your fingers that you can reach the QB before he finds the open WR?
The truth is the Seahawks defense under Bradley wasn't complete due to lack of a good pass rush, yet fans expect the DC to dial up blitz's and such to make up for lack of pressure from the front four..you know the guys that are paid to do just that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how how having players like Bennett helps makes a DC like Quinn looks like a genius and lacking those type of players make you look less then a genius.
The Seahawks really hit the jackpot with who they signed on the DL this year. Not just Bennett, but Avril and McDaniel. They all added to just how good the Seahawks were this year.
I see some here call for more blitz's under Bradley. You under stand that blitzing is a gamble? Basically your not covering receivers as well as you could and crossing your fingers that you can reach the QB before he finds the open WR?
The truth is the Seahawks defense under Bradley wasn't complete due to lack of a good pass rush, yet fans expect the DC to dial up blitz's and such to make up for lack of pressure from the front four..you know the guys that are paid to do just that.

Blitzing is a gamble and when you don't have a good pass rush YOU HAVE to blitz to get pressure on the qb sometimes… That's why you blitz in the first place… You can't just sit back all day long in a zone coverage scheme with no pass rush with your front 4 and continue to sit back in a zone coverage scheme over and over and over… It's illogical how Bradley approached it… I was bitching openly about him before he left and I had a cool one when he did finally leave… I was :yahoo: … Quinn dialed up pressure when needed and I loved it… Bradley never made adjustments and that was my big pet peeve about him.. WAY to predictable..

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't sit back vs Cutler and give him all day when it's known around the league he tends to make critical mistakes when pressured… We beat them with that exact blueprint earlier in the year and then we sit in a dam zone all day long and Cutler chewed us apart all dam day… Players after the game were TICKED OFF and openly criticized the strategy… I was beyond P.O'd … I even called out here comes the Zone Bradley special vs Atlanta and that's exactly what we did… You gotta have guts as a D coordinator sometimes and take some gambles… Quinn does that … Quinn will send heat he also man locks in certain situations where Bradley would run a dam zone bubble …

Guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I hold Carroll responsible for a large majority of the defense, good or bad, including development, scheming and playcalling.

I also just think that Carroll and the staff had FAR MORE to work with this year up front, and it showed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I hold Carroll responsible for a large majority of the defense, good or bad, including development, scheming and playcalling.

I also just think that Carroll and the staff had FAR MORE to work with this year up front, and it showed.

Were can agree out D line did improve … Avril and Bennett were big pieces… But I still hated Gus's strategic mind, he used to drive me beyond banana's… It's a miracle my flat screen survived… :suds:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were can agree out D line did improve … Avril and Bennett were big pieces… But I still hated Gus's strategic mind, he used to drive me beyond banana's… It's a miracle my flat screen survived… :suds:

We not Were… :]

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gigantic moves...im assuming you hate gus because if the chicago game end of reg and the atl end.....

Well having avril and bennett getting pressure rushing four would of changed those games. All we did in the super bowl was rush 4'. Its just that this year we had the horses to get there.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gigantic moves...im assuming you hate gus because if the chicago game end of reg and the atl end.....

Well having avril and bennett getting pressure rushing four would of changed those games. All we did in the super bowl was rush 4'. Its just that this year we had the horses to get there.

Seattle's D was more disciplined under Quinn and blitzed at the right times… And it was more than just the Chicago and Atlanta game that made me pull my hair out with Gus… We had allot of losses in the final minutes from our D looking lost in big moments… Under Quinn that crap was cleaned up… Not saying personal didn't help because it did but I feel strongly had Gus stayed we don't win it all… I feel STRONGLY in that way…. Don't forget all the games in Gus's final year that we blew leads in the final seconds from zone coverages … MORE like prevent coverages… Now look at the Niners game and the guts Quinn showed in that final drive… Going one on one with Crabs …Gus would a had us in a prevent zone and WE LOSE… I can see it already… I"m right about this and I know i'm right… I feel it in my Seahawks heart… :suds: