• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like to keep an eye on Gus bradley in Jax

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was thinking, I would bet money Browner signs in Jax now that he's free and clear. I think Big red will fall there as well.
Not sure about Rice. I think Bradley is more interested in the defensive side of the ball.

I was also thinking that bradley could draft deone buccanon in the second round to be his version of Kam Bam.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Gus Bradley to be very, very smart in this draft. It's going to be interesting to see what the Jags do with those first picks.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys went there all year last year, and I wouldn't expect that to change. The scary thing is that the Hawks "B" team will make the Jags a VERY competitive team. The depth on this team is ridiculous, and will prove that our backups could start elsewhere. The difference is that the Hawks will continue to succeed in the draft and replenish holes while the rest of the league will have to wait for our left overs. Theres something in the front office that other teams don't have. What that is, I have no idea; but it works!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Bradley held this team back … I"m not a fan of him as a coach and I don't think he's gonna last long in this league honestly…

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Bradley held this team back … I"m not a fan of him as a coach and I don't think he's gonna last long in this league honestly…

He didn't hold this team back, the lack of pass rush did. And he and Carroll are both to blame equally, nothing happens in this defense without the HC's signature.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't hold this team back, the lack of pass rush did. And he and Carroll are both to blame equally, nothing happens in this defense without the HC's signature.

Disagree … Unless Pete is calling the play's from the sideline it's on the D coordinator… Sure the head coaches philosophy is part of the game-plan but the coordinators call the shots … Gus was too dam predictable and never made adjustments … Don't even get me started on the Chicago playoff loss we had where we didn't blitz ONE time … Or the last seconds of the Atlanta game…. You could see the difference in this defense when he left and it's not just because of Bennett and Avril… SURE they helped our pass rush but Quinn still did a better job with pressure and adjustments and he takes a better strategic approach….

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PC built one of the best secondaries of all time from scratch. It was Bradley's job to figure out a way to get pressure on the QB and he was awful. We get him out of there and come up with some more creative schemes and all of a sudden the pass rush is there again.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC built one of the best secondaries of all time from scratch. It was Bradley's job to figure out a way to get pressure on the QB and he was awful. We get him out of there and come up with some more creative schemes and all of a sudden the pass rush is there again.

Agreed… Gus would just stick with what he was doing NO MATTER what… Horrible adjustments and it cost us allot of 4th quarter defensive meltdowns… Didn't surprise me one bit when Atlanta scored with 30 seconds left to win that game… Hadn't we seen that many times before under Bradley ? YES we did… And I expected it… TOTALLY different defense under Quinn in 2013 especially closing out games…

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you think adding 3 impact players on the line helped a bit too?

IDK. I'm not willing to credit Carroll completely for the secondary while completely giving him a pass on the lack of pass rush before this year. The defense as a whole is his baby.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys went there all year last year, and I wouldn't expect that to change. The scary thing is that the Hawks "B" team will make the Jags a VERY competitive team. The depth on this team is ridiculous, and will prove that our backups could start elsewhere. The difference is that the Hawks will continue to succeed in the draft and replenish holes while the rest of the league will have to wait for our left overs. Theres something in the front office that other teams don't have. What that is, I have no idea; but it works!

I think it is the Nike SPARQ evaluation system along with some extra secret Pete Carroll sauce on top. I saw an article about it a while ago on Field Gulls.

The other unique thing about the Hawks, Niners, Jags is the focus on defense. Sort of like Moneyball where you are getting undervalued guys for cheaper because the rest of the league overvalues offensive players. Now, that will start to change since the Hawks and Niners have been successful, but that still plays into our hands for a while, since we now need better offensive players and they will fall in the draft or be less costly in trade or free agency.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that if Clemons doesn't get hurt against Washington and is available for the Atlanta game, we'd be looking at the end of Bradley's time here much differently. I also think that, with the pass rush largely dependent on just two guys in 2012, regardless of whether Bradley had stayed for 2013 or gone on to another team like he did, the Hawks had to address it from a personnel standpoint and not leave themselves in a position where one injury could render the pass rush useless again. Who knows what Bradley could or would have done with Bennett and Avril in the mix, but it's unfair to him to say that he held the team back when the one thing that the defense lacked while he was here was finally addressed after he left. It's not like he left a mediocre or even a good defense. The defense became great under Bradley without the punishing pass rush that made it legendary under Quinn. Maybe if the pass rush that Quinn was given was given to Bradley, the defense would have made a similar leap. We'll never know.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that if Clemons doesn't get hurt against Washington and is available for the Atlanta game, we'd be looking at the end of Bradley's time here much differently. I also think that, with the pass rush largely dependent on just two guys in 2012, regardless of whether Bradley had stayed for 2013 or gone on to another team like he did, the Hawks had to address it from a personnel standpoint and not leave themselves in a position where one injury could render the pass rush useless again. Who knows what Bradley could or would have done with Bennett and Avril in the mix, but it's unfair to him to say that he held the team back when the one thing that the defense lacked while he was here was finally addressed after he left. It's not like he left a mediocre or even a good defense. The defense became great under Bradley without the punishing pass rush that made it legendary under Quinn. Maybe if the pass rush that Quinn was given was given to Bradley, the defense would have made a similar leap. We'll never know.

In my opinion forget it… Go look back at the Chicago playoff loss and look at the fact that we NEVER blitzed the whole dam game but yet earlier in the year we beat Chicago in there house blitzing Cutler… Look at how many zone bubbles the guy runs with the games in the balance… Gus sucks at strategy and we lost allot of close games from suspect strategy…. Quinn coming back was a blessing…

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion forget it… Go look back at the Chicago playoff loss and look at the fact that we NEVER blitzed the whole dam game but yet earlier in the year we beat Chicago in there house blitzing Cutler… Look at how many zone bubbles the guy runs with the games in the balance… Gus sucks at strategy and we lost allot of close games from suspect strategy…. Quinn coming back was a blessing…

When you can't get pressure, often blitzing will make matters worse. Especially when its just not in your philosophy to blitz. It is very possible that Chicago was just doing a better job protecting in the playoff game and blitzing would have left Seattle even more vulnerable on the back end. That seems more likely to me than Bradley just choosing to go away with what worked when they played before just because.

Quinn had a great year but he had much more to work with and didn't even have to think about blitzing. Last year in the Atlanta game they had no depth, and in the 2010 playoffs they had even less. It's a lot easier to be creative when you have double the options.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how, when Bradley moved on and Quinn was hired to be the new DC, everybody was talking about how great it was that we finally had a defensive coordinator who wouldn't be afraid to blitz. By the time we reached the Super Bowl, all the talk was about how the Seahawks didn't need to blitz to get to the quarterback. They could do it with just their front 4. How did we get from "Yay! We finally have a DC who will blitz more" to "We don't need to blitz to get to the quarterback" in 6 months? We finally had the personnel on the defensive line to get to the quarterback on a regular basis without the need for a lot of blitzing. I'm not saying we definitely win the Super Bowl this year if Bradley stays, but looking back, I think it's too easy to say that he was the main reason we didn't get to the Super Bowl when he was here.

Maybe if the personnel had stayed basically the same on the defensive line and the only real change was Quinn and the Seahawks still won the championship, it'd be easier to make Bradley the reason why we couldn't get it done in the years he was here with Carroll, but the personnel did change and it changed rather significantly. I don't want to make it sound like Quinn didn't play a part in the success of the team, because it'd be ridiculous of me to do that, but I just don't want it to be forgotten that his arrival wasn't the only arrival that allowed the Seahawks to take the final steps to a championship.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who wants to bet that the jags will offer michael bennett a crazy 5 year deal that would have him moving to jacksonville?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys bashing bradley are crazy! Do the names bennett avril and mcdonald ring a bell? They were the hawks top 3 in sacks,,,,,they werent here when bradley was.

Our d was greatlast year, it was really good under bradley, more maturiy all around plus the names above gave quinn a huge advantage.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad to see Bryant got a nice 4 year deal from the Jags. Keeps him off the 49ers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can't get pressure, often blitzing will make matters worse. Especially when its just not in your philosophy to blitz. It is very possible that Chicago was just doing a better job protecting in the playoff game and blitzing would have left Seattle even more vulnerable on the back end. That seems more likely to me than Bradley just choosing to go away with what worked when they played before just because.

Quinn had a great year but he had much more to work with and didn't even have to think about blitzing. Last year in the Atlanta game they had no depth, and in the 2010 playoffs they had even less. It's a lot easier to be creative when you have double the options.

You can't sit back vs Cutler and give him all day when it's known around the league he tends to make critical mistakes when pressured… We beat them with that exact blueprint earlier in the year and then we sit in a dam zone all day long and Cutler chewed us apart all dam day… Players after the game were TICKED OFF and openly criticized the strategy… I was beyond P.O'd … I even called out here comes the Zone Bradley special vs Atlanta and that's exactly what we did… You gotta have guts as a D coordinator sometimes and take some gambles… Quinn does that … Quinn will send heat he also man locks in certain situations where Bradley would run a dam zone bubble …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys bashing bradley are crazy! Do the names bennett avril and mcdonald ring a bell? They were the hawks top 3 in sacks,,,,,they werent here when bradley was.

Our d was greatlast year, it was really good under bradley, more maturiy all around plus the names above gave quinn a huge advantage.

Wrong…. Were not crazy were smart… Bradley would a screwed this thing up for us… Our D improving was not just about those players it was also good timing with schemes and strategy… Quinn did a great job…