• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know it was one game

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn are McCarthy/Moyer/Stairs a bad combo. I might be the only person alive to have liked Wheels and Sarge, but even if you didn't take them seriously, they at least entertained you. Which is what I want a color analyst to do. Entertain me with their bullshit. Every fucking thing out of Stairs' and Moyer's mouths today was:
"Well he really needs to get that sinker down in order to be an effective pitcher again."
"That was a great changeup he just threw. Totally had ... out in front."
"You can just really tell Sandberg has got this team on the right page. They're going about their business the right way, they're at the field at 8 in the morning, and they're really just becoming a family."

And another thing. Stairs better cut back with his Canadian patriotism bullshit. Because fuck Canada.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are the only person who likes wheels & Sarge. I didn't hear the game today but they can't be worse than wheeler. I'm not a phillies fan but living as close as I do they are the local team and I get my fill of the Phils broadcasts and I wanted to punch wheels on plenty of occasions. Definetly miss Harry K and whitey.:suds:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stairs should channel Sarge and drink heavily.

I definitely think you're onto something. We need to give it a little time to develop, maybe til the all star break. Even Ed McMahon probably didn't get ripped on his first broadcast. (but I'm sure he did by halfway through his first season)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Philly. We're extremely tough on our analysts. Schmidt better come prepared on Sundays. 548 home runs won't mean shit when he steps into that booth.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I definitely think you're onto something. We need to give it a little time to develop, maybe til the all star break. Even Ed McMahon probably didn't get ripped on his first broadcast. (but I'm sure he did by halfway through his first season)

Stairs should challenge fans to fights and shotgunning beers between innings. Moyer should hold a "can I throw harder than a 5 year old girl" contest in lieu of a 7th inning stretch.