• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugly and Grey but I still miss it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today I was digging through some old pictures and found my old game day photos from the early to late 80's. Back then my best friends dad had season tickets every year from 83 to 88. Every football season I was going to get to go to 4 Seahawks games for free in the Kingdome. Walking into this structure the first time I just remember how unbelievably massive it was and how just the normal sound of a rustling crowd was amplified a hundred times over. During games me and my best friend would try our best to talk but soon found out that lip reading or writing was the only way to communicate. Even screaming as loud as we could right into each others ear did not help. You just could not hear period!

Then the Wave would start, oh yes the stadium that made the Wave a thing! I would cover my ears and my jaw would hit the floor. Still to this day I remember not being able to hear for hours after a game and how everyone sounded like they were talking from inside a cardboard box. The Kingdome was loud, No not just loud but DANGEROUSLY LOUD! When I go to games now and lose my voice from screaming I can't help but wish the sound from the old Kingdome would return. Try as we might and we DO try we can never come close to those days in the old grey dome.

As Seahawks fans we are Loud and Proud but as someone that was there often in the Kingdome all I can say is we are 2nd best. Those days may be gone but the memory is with me forever. Long live the OG 12s and the fanbase that Made the NFL change the rules about crowd noise TWICE! Then made them remove these rules lol. As for someone that has gotten to spend a lot of time at games I can say this and mean it as fact. The Kingdome crowd noise was twice as bad as the new stadium and I do miss it very much.

Kingdome gone but never forgotten.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today I was digging through some old pictures and found my old game day photos from the early to late 80's. Back then my best friends dad had season tickets every year from 83 to 88. Every football season I was going to get to go to 4 Seahawks games for free in the Kingdome. Walking into this structure the first time I just remember how unbelievably massive it was and how just the normal sound of a rustling crowd was amplified a hundred times over. During games me and my best friend would try our best to talk but soon found out that lip reading or writing was the only way to communicate. Even screaming as loud as we could right into each others ear did not help. You just could not hear period!

Then the Wave would start, oh yes the stadium that made the Wave a thing! I would cover my ears and my jaw would hit the floor. Still to this day I remember not being able to hear for hours after a game and how everyone sounded like they were talking from inside a cardboard box. The Kingdome was loud, No not just loud but DANGEROUSLY LOUD! When I go to games now and lose my voice from screaming I can't help but wish the sound from the old Kingdome would return. Try as we might and we DO try we can never come close to those days in the old grey dome.

As Seahawks fans we are Loud and Proud but as someone that was there often in the Kingdome all I can say is we are 2nd best. Those days may be gone but the memory is with me forever. Long live the OG 12s and the fanbase that Made the NFL change the rules about crowd noise TWICE! Then made them remove these rules lol. As for someone that has gotten to spend a lot of time at games I can say this and mean it as fact. The Kingdome crowd noise was twice as bad as the new stadium and I do miss it very much.

Kingdome gone but never forgotten.

Amen. I've been their a few times....

It's amazing in how we look back on things and reminse.

For Example. The old Victoria Memorial Arena. Their used to be a 20-30 level stair case to get from the Venue to the Foyer. I miss that a bit.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STHr since 1987. My seats in the dome were 2nd level, on the rail, on the aisle. Great seats. Bill the Beerman would launch his plethora of different chants from his favorite spots to get the crowd going. One of his spots were right next to my seats.
The best waves were when 4 were going at the same time. Unreal and constant pandemonium. I was at the Denver game when it was so loud, Elway backed up from under center shaking his head at the ref cuz he could not vocalize the play to his team. The ref threw a flag for noise, 5 yard penalty against us. Crap! If it was loud before, on the next play was incredibly louder. Again, Elway tried to call a play, couldn‘t, then backed away again looking at the ref to throw another flag.
Not a chance this time Johnny as the ref signaled Elway to start the play. Great times.
The Clink was still loud…Beastquake.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'Dome was a great place to see a Seahawk's game!

M's though? Not so much! I remember them begging over the intercom every morning at school to come and get free Mariners' tickets. They literally couldn't give them away. I remember going and having entire sections all to ourselves.

Concerts were also generally a miss. I remember seeing the Rolling Stones there and the echo was just horrible. But Pink Floyd lined the entire place with speakers and it sounded great!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1995 playoffs against the Yankees at the dome was one of the most enjoyable moments for me in Seattle sports.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people would say the Kingdome didn't have a personality... oh boy it sure did when the teams inside it were playing good. It was the Temple of Doom! A place where eardrums went to die when the fans were into it ( Baseball, football or Soccer it did not matter )

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people would say the Kingdome didn't have a personality... oh boy it sure did when the teams inside it were playing good. It was the Temple of Doom! A place where eardrums went to die when the fans were into it ( Baseball, football or Soccer it did not matter )
Yep! When the league makes up a penalty for fans being too loud, you know that's a tough place to play.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was going to be an ode to a different kind of Ex