• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know I will get Criticized but.....

Is Jeter Overrated??

• Total voters

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated defensively, absolutely. But his bat is among the best at his position, and he was an excellent base runner. And pretty good longevity. Easily a top 10 SS IMO (if not top 5), hard to say where he ranks though.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly isn't it?
C'mon hammer! It's time to re-roll out the red carpet! Baseball season is quickly approaching and you have to admit- those guys are mostly fun to have around. Plus, you already said the KFLNFLNFFLL whatever guys were way worse, so the CBS guys should be easy peasy!
THE DAILY THREAD SHALL LIVE AGAIN!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon hammer! It's time to re-roll out the red carpet! Baseball season is quickly approaching and you have to admit- those guys are mostly fun to have around. Plus, you already said the KFLNFLNFFLL whatever guys were way worse, so the CBS guys should be easy peasy!
THE DAILY THREAD SHALL LIVE AGAIN!!

So you're saying I can post the bewbi pics? :hope:

Two reasons it'll never happen, moxie. Those clowns' stubborn pride, but mostly because they live in constant fear of the juggernaut that the Padres have become. And you know what, I understand that!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. They bonded over injections. I'm sure it was a tender moment for both of them.

So Jetes learned a thing or two about taking fluids in the ass? :noidea:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jetes learned a thing or two about taking fluids in the ass? :noidea:
And experimented with shots in the mouth.

He was seen walking a gerbil in Time Square as recently as last week.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have to do anything to impress anyone. Guzman was a rated prospect (ranked a top 70 prospect before being called up) so clearly he was viewed as a talent, and at a thin position like SS, you can only go with guys like Pat Mears for so long.

Mauer was also called up at age 21. If you were to look at the average age called up by position, I'd put my money on the positions up the middle being the youngest ages.

So with all those guys listed as coming up at early ages, I don't think any team would be holding a player like Jeter in the minors till a later age unless there's some superstar type player blocking him.

Yes it did have to do with trying to show the fans why a shit team traded away it's best player to the evil empire. Think what you want but I lived in Minnesota for the first 30 years of my life and there is no team I love and follow more than the Twins, it's exactly why he played, well that and the Twins have rarely if ever had good middle infield prospects.

Mauer was the #1 pick in the draft and a hometown kid. As a Yankees fan you probably don't understand what teams sometimes have to do to keep people coming to the park.

When did I ever say middle infielders aren't historically called up at an earlier age than most positions, of course they are. I also never said it was a fact every team aside from the Yankees would hold Jeter in the minors simply that not every team would have brought him up.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying I can post the bewbi pics? :hope:

Two reasons it'll never happen, moxie. Those clowns' stubborn pride, but mostly because they live in constant fear of the juggernaut that the Padres have become. And you know what, I understand that!

I don't know why you're always trying to show people your sweater puppets, but they're all yours, so you do what you want with them, weirdo :noidea:

You're feeling pretty good about your Padres, huh? Honest question- how far does Kemp make it before he's injured? Any over/unders by the vBookie? I'm being serious!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching Steve Garvey play for the Padres. I was really young but it made me kinda root for them. One of my brothers is a huge Padres fan and I enjoy that so much because he's also a goddamn Steelers fan.

I don't need him to have bragging rights so fuck the Fathers.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d26c8d27d3deddb1a917d402ec35e249.jpg
>>>>>Jeter

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using a 4 PA average per game. and taking the rest of Jeters Hitting ratios,

2747 games
88.8% of his PAs were AB
and a .310 BA

he still gets 3025 hits...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it did have to do with trying to show the fans why a shit team traded away it's best player to the evil empire. Think what you want but I lived in Minnesota for the first 30 years of my life and there is no team I love and follow more than the Twins, it's exactly why he played, well that and the Twins have rarely if ever had good middle infield prospects.

Mauer was the #1 pick in the draft and a hometown kid. As a Yankees fan you probably don't understand what teams sometimes have to do to keep people coming to the park.

When did I ever say middle infielders aren't historically called up at an earlier age than most positions, of course they are. I also never said it was a fact every team aside from the Yankees would hold Jeter in the minors simply that not every team would have brought him up.

So your logic is that teams don't always bring up top prospects at early ages and cite the Twins as your supporting example, but when the Twins do bring up guys early (which they clearly have), there's always an excuse to it.

Are there excuses for the Twins also bringing up Liriano and Santana at age 21, as they did with Mauer and Guzman? Or Matt Garza and Jason Kubel at age 22?

What top prospects can you think of who were held for an extraordinary amount of time in the minors that weren't for reasons such as poor performance or being blocked by a good player in the majors?

Last edited: