• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know I will get Criticized but.....

Is Jeter Overrated??

• Total voters

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say middle infielders aren't historically called up at an earlier age than most positions, of course they are. I also never said it was a fact every team aside from the Yankees would hold Jeter in the minors simply that not every team would have brought him up.

You're gonna pull a hammy backpedaling like that, dude guy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your logic is that teams don't always bring up top prospects at early ages and cite the Twins as your supporting example, but when the Twins do bring up guys early (which they clearly have), there's always an excuse to it.

Are there excuses for the Twins also bringing up Liriano and Santana at age 21, as they did with Mauer and Guzman? Or Matt Garza and Jason Kubel at age 22?

What top prospects can you think of who were held for an extraordinary amount of time in the minors that weren't for reasons such as poor performance or being blocked by a good player in the majors?

You're not going to quit until Nosferatu says, "uncle," are you?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just curious; how can he be one of the best SS of all time and be overrated?

That more or less sums up my stance. If you're one of the best at your profession ever, what do folks have to think of you in order to be overrated?

Derek Jeter is the best baseball player to ever walk the planet. He shits golden fungo bats and the ghosts of Babe Ruth and Ted Williams appear to wipe his ass.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your logic is that teams don't always bring up top prospects at early ages and cite the Twins as your supporting example, but when the Twins do bring up guys early (which they clearly have), there's always an excuse to it.

Are there excuses for the Twins also bringing up Liriano and Santana at age 21, as they did with Mauer and Guzman? Or Matt Garza and Jason Kubel at age 22?

What top prospects can you think of who were held for an extraordinary amount of time in the minors that weren't for reasons such as poor performance or being blocked by a good player in the majors?

Todd Walker

You use Kubel he got a September call up at 22 and didn't get another chance for two years.

Johan was a Rule 5 player.

I may have given the impression the Twins never call anyone up until they are 30 but that's not what I meant, the Twins front office and managers Kelly & Gardy did not always give young players a fair shot.

But I will admit I was partially wrong, looking back on alot of the players over the years I thought should have been brought up earlier were in fact brought up at an early age.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of my friends aren't welcome here.

Poppycock! I've spent the last year smoothing things over for your return. Won't bore you with too many deets, but it mainly consisted of me making empassioned pleas like, "C'mon, Hammer, you obese reptile...lighten the fuck up already," and "You know you're full of shit, Hammer, those guys would donate a portion of their liver for you, ya fuckin drunk" and so forth. I think it has all had a profound emotional effect on the ol' tard...although I can't vouch for the condition of any of yuor livers vis-a-vis his. Plus, like Moxie sez, you guys don't look so bad anymore in comparison, after the Huns moved in.

Hammer even went so far as to upgrade this site so it looks more like your other board. Classy, huh?

At least tell Worrld to come back. I can't live in a Worrld without World, or something. To the rest of you guys who are already here as alts, I love you, and I wish I could mark all your posts with a Rainbow.

No homo.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Jetes being one of the greatest ever at his position. You guys' disease addled hero isn't even the best shortstop on his own team. Put him and KC and he might make one All-Star appearance as an alternate.

Top 10? LMAO!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Jetes being one of the greatest ever at his position. You guys' disease addled hero isn't even the best shortstop on his own team. Put him and KC and he might make one All-Star appearance as an alternate.

Top 10? LMAO!

Really informative!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is he was never a consistently good defender at SS; and often times it was ugly. Though what he did get to he did some remarkable things. He's more of a 2B/3B that just happened to play SS for me.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppycock! I've spent the last year smoothing things over for your return. Won't bore you with too many deets, but it mainly consisted of me making empassioned pleas like, "C'mon, Hammer, you obese reptile...lighten the fuck up already," and "You know you're full of shit, Hammer, those guys would donate a portion of their liver for you, ya fuckin drunk" and so forth. I think it has all had a profound emotional effect on the ol' tard...although I can't vouch for the condition of any of yuor livers vis-a-vis his. Plus, like Moxie sez, you guys don't look so bad anymore in comparison, after the Huns moved in.

Hammer even went so far as to upgrade this site so it looks more like your other board. Classy, huh?

At least tell Worrld to come back. I can't live in a Worrld without World, or something. To the rest of you guys who are already here as alts, I love you, and I wish I could mark all your posts with a Rainbow.

No homo.
I can vouch for alllll this! 'specially the last part. Oh, what a sad worrld without world, or something.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if deserved to play ss. He would've been better suited to warm up pitchers in the bullpen. There is real value in that.

You both make good points

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if deserved to play ss. He would've been better suited to warm up pitchers in the bullpen. There is real value in that.

He may have been better suited for fluffing his teammates in the dark end of the dugout, but still, he's considered a top shortstop of all time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have been better suited for fluffing his teammates in the dark end of the dugout, but still, he's considered a top shortstop of all time.
Imagine if he had been an Indian. They could've made a couple more Major League movies that chronicled his life living with STD's and how it didn't stop him from infecting others with them.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No homo.

I have dibs on Worrld if he ever shows up again. He was chased away by the non-Boston heathens being mean to Brady.

And if you miss us, you know where to find us.

Yes homo.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have dibs on Worrld if he ever shows up again. He was chased away by the non-Boston heathens being mean to Brady.

Yes homo.

I don't recall saying I missed any of you.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes homo.
Where can he find you?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Huwaryu_in_exile and @moxie just stop already. Even joking about the daily crew coming back sends Zig into panic attacks.

Like I always said, I mainly just miss owning Down day-in-and-day-out but gave up on him returning when Rock said no. Oh, and I promise not to "out" any of the alts who are here and who asked me not to name them so Zig doesn't ban them. After all, they paid good money for a membership there and they want to use it!!!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Huwaryu_in_exile and @moxie just stop already. Even joking about the daily crew coming back sends Zig into panic attacks.

Like I always said, I mainly just miss owning Down day-in-and-day-out but gave up on him returning when Rock said no. Oh, and I promise not to "out" any of the alts who are here and who asked me not to name them so Zig doesn't ban them. After all, they paid good money for a membership there and they want to use it!!!

Alright... just pm me the alts are so I can start cozying up *wink, wink, nudge*