• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know I am gonna regret this

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it will just turn into a big shit talking fest but....

there was many arguing both sides of not taking Floyd with our original 1st rd. pick.

It was being said he wouldn't be a week 1 starter (amongst other things) Some laughed that off saying the others were crazy & that he would be a week 1 starter (amongst other things)

just saw this online

Vikings rookie DT Sharrif Floyd underwent a "minor" left knee scope Monday, but the team expects him back by Week 1.

An initial MRI showed no structural damage, but Floyd was still having problems with the left knee and opted for the scope. He's not being counted on as a starter, anyway, so the missed camp reps aren't especially significant. The No. 23 overall pick will rotate in behind Kevin Williams at three technique.
guess those that said he wouldn't be won that one. BTW I liked the trade back & even liked the Center we chose. Just wish we got more for the trade back than we did.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Agree Agree:agree:

I really think the 49'rs lowered their offer when Vaccarro went ahead of us. Had he still been there I think we would have got their 1st and the 55 pick instead of the 74th.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if we took Floyd in the 1st and Frederick was there in the 2nd for us, there was no way to continue our trend of blowing 2nd rounders on TEs that we never seemed to need in the first place.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could do it over again I wish we can get star and if we have to trade up to get freddricks. Would have been a great draft then. So maybe the only think different being Escobar

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if we took Floyd in the 1st and Frederick was there in the 2nd for us, there was no way to continue our trend of blowing 2nd rounders on TEs that we never seemed to need in the first place.

That is true, but can you guarantee Frederick would have been there?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that is just mean to bring back up the TE in the 2nd.
From what I was hearing during the draft. We were never gonna draft Floyd. Cowboys weren't as high on him as the tv guys. What I was hearing from the so called experts had me start doubt wanting him. So if we stayed & didn't trade back we would have had someone else. Which started the whole debate of if he would be a starter at the start of the season or not.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw but one poster screaming Floyd ( well two if you count Frye... which I dont)

Cooper was the guy we wanted.... he went higher than we thought....

I think O-line was the 1st pick goal well before the draft.

I'm HAPPY REAL HAPPY we didnt go after Floyd.

I think he is a bust

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw but one poster screaming Floyd ( well two if you count Frye... which I dont)

Cooper was the guy we wanted.... he went higher than we thought....

I think O-line was the 1st pick goal well before the draft.

I'm HAPPY REAL HAPPY we didnt go after Floyd.

I think he is a bust

A few day before the draft listening to the radio they said they'd steer away from Floyd because he only had one productive year. That said I was still on the side of taking him if all the OLmen were gone, but as he dropped like a led pipe my concerns grew about drafting him. As we sat at 18 there was no one I say that had value for us except Floyd and I had talked myself out of wanting him. Trading back was the best we could do at that point IMO. But just as Schmoop says I wish we got more in the trade but I think I understand why we didn't.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the pick for the Vikes, hopefully the knee is nothing to serious. I don't blame the Boys for passing on him though...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the pick for the Vikes, hopefully the knee is nothing to serious. I don't blame the Boys for passing on him though...

I think you have to like it. You got him at 23, that 18 lower than some experts said they guarantee he'd be gone by. Even at 18 he'd have been a steal. I just talked myself into not wanting him. I've been wrong before, and I'm sure I'll be wrong again.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Different defense ...

Our coaches said he wasnt a fit here ... That's why he wasn't on out boards..

That said you dont draft 1st rounders to be depth

Think yall missed on that one

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different defense ...

Our coaches said he wasnt a fit here ... That's why he wasn't on out boards..

I believe he was on our board (high too) but I think the more they evaluated him they started to rethink it. Either that or the had him there just in case Jerry leaked the board again.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few day before the draft listening to the radio they said they'd steer away from Floyd because he only had one productive year. That said I was still on the side of taking him if all the OLmen were gone, but as he dropped like a led pipe my concerns grew about drafting him. As we sat at 18 there was no one I say that had value for us except Floyd and I had talked myself out of wanting him. Trading back was the best we could do at that point IMO. But just as Schmoop says I wish we got more in the trade but I think I understand why we didn't.

I didnt like the value we got ... cant debate or even argue that .... think we got crap in return for the trade down.

With Jerry I'm used to biting my tongue at times ... and will probably have to do so a few more times

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOMER ALERT!!!

I thought the 1st round was the Vikes best first round in the history of our team.

Floyd, Rhodes & Patterson, I seriously did a freakin' cartwheel. But of course it's all on potential at this point, I like the kid the Boys drafted, think he will be a good one, I just think it might have been a bit early... But yer club needed help on the O-line so it made sense.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he was on our board (high too) but I think the more they evaluated him they started to rethink it. Either that or the had him there just in case Jerry leaked the board again.

I'd have to look for the article ....

But no he was NEVER on our boards

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, he wasn't drafted for depth, Kevin Williams is almost done...He was drafted in hopes of being the future...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to look for the article ....

But no he was NEVER on our boards
that's what I heard too. He wasn't thought that highly from the boys staff. then started hearing all the SportsHoopla why he was falling. So once the guards were gone I was wanting us to trade back.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOMER ALERT!!!

I thought the 1st round was the Vikes best first round in the history of our team.

Floyd, Rhodes & Patterson, I seriously did a freakin' cartwheel. But of course it's all on potential at this point, I like the kid the Boys drafted, think he will be a good one, I just think it might have been a bit early... But yer club needed help on the O-line so it made sense.
anytime you have 3 1st rders you should be happy! well unless you are the boys then you would draft a LB to sit behind other LBers & draft a TE, then you would be sick to your stomach.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, he wasn't drafted for depth, Kevin Williams is almost done...He was drafted in hopes of being the future...

good luck with that

Already stated ... I think he is an NFL bust..
No worried no saying that to erk you ... I said that well before I ever knew who you were.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I heard too. He wasn't thought that highly from the boys staff. then started hearing all the SportsHoopla why he was falling. So once the guards were gone I was wanting us to trade back.

Cowboys board actually got leaked this year.......(after)

He wasnt on it .... nowhere