• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know I am gonna regret this

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could make for some must watch TV. Wait never mind. Must match TV for all fans other than Dallas fans.

Since normally game 3 is the dress rehearsal and the starters of this game usually start the season, could it be that Pernal has in fact won the RT job? I can't see them experimenting and risking Tony's season when they know Cincy will be getting after the QB.

I think that's it. Radio guy was all about Free being a better guard than tackle cause of the length of his arms.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rather them move Free to RG if Dallas feels we need to make a move there, than to move travis to guard. I will be pissed if he plays anything but center.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard today they moved Free to right guard and inserted Pernal at RT for a look in the Cincy dress rehearsal.

I'm going to try and remain calm and trust in Callahan but this move makes me wonder. I know the Cincy front will get after the QB....OH Boy!

so it was reported

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys OT Doug Free took snaps at right guard Wednesday.

Usual RG Mackenzy Bernadeau slid over to the left, where Nate Livings and Ronald Leary are both recovering from surgery. "With the injury situations we have had up front, we are just looking at different combinations," coach Jason Garrett said. That may be the case, but it's also an indication Jeremy Parnell is winning the "battle" at right tackle.

Source: Dallas Morning News
so according to this guy Parnell is winning the battle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see getting some reps in practice because of all of the problems at Guard, but I don't see this as anything other than that right now because Free has supposedly looked good at Tackle all offseason and Parnell has barely practiced so far. Now if Parnell starts to impress, things could change. It's kind of amazing how badly I want an UDFA Guard from last year that has never played a meaningful snap to get healthy ASAP...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope all along was for Parnell to win the job and be good enough to bookend with Smith for years and say goodbye to Free. I figure the injury will make that pretty tough, at least for week one. I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see getting some reps in practice because of all of the problems at Guard, but I don't see this as anything other than that right now because Free has supposedly looked good at Tackle all offseason and Parnell has barely practiced so far. Now if Parnell starts to impress, things could change. It's kind of amazing how badly I want an UDFA Guard from last year that has never played a meaningful snap to get healthy ASAP...

I truly hope this is not the case. It's a dumb idea to play the "Hey I have an idea, lets see how Parnel looks at RT" game, when the game we are in we know the Cincy defense will be going full bore. The vanilla ice cream is back in the freezer.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scares me

I've heard Parnell has SUCKED BAD thus far

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to JG it is just because two guards are down with knees right now. I believe Free goes back to tackle as soon as we have enough guards to put back on the line. Think they are just looking for just in case a couple injuries happen during the season, what might be the best moves on the line.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to JG it is just because two guards are down with knees right now. I believe Free goes back to tackle as soon as we have enough guards to put back on the line. Think they are just looking for just in case a couple injuries happen during the season, what might be the best moves on the line.

They were actually looking at this direction when they brought Free back.
Then Parnell had stunk it up so bad ... it was not an option again til the guards went down.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sure hasn't asserted himself. Did you see Arkin play the other night? He should be standing near an ice machine at a local convenient store real soon

I really had high hopes for Arkin when we got him ...

It's about time to part ways with the kid unless he "gets it" real soon

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have read we didn't look good with Costa at guard.... But TF is our guy at center and Costa was a guard in college... Should be easier to coach up Costa at guard than any other position move on the O-line.

For some reason that is throwing a big flag up for me as far as Costa's learning curve

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have read we didn't look good with Costa at guard.... But TF is our guy at center and Costa was a guard in college... Should be easier to coach up Costa at guard than any other position move on the O-line.

For some reason that is throwing a big flag up for me as far as Costa's learning curve

My thing remains Callahan and if you recall, I defended him and the line way more than the average cowboy fan last season. I think Callahan coulda had Jerry's ear and two oline guys woulda been drafted last draft, BUT obviously Callahan was good with the core after we address a starting center from this draft. I don't get it....BUT, I'm willing to see the finished product in games 1 & 2 before pissing and moaning about it. I can see 5 good starters but I'm having a real problem seeing any depth on this oline thus far. Saturday will be a real good test...cincy gets up field. Must see TV for 3 quarters

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing remains Callahan and if you recall, I defended him and the line way more than the average cowboy fan last season. I think Callahan coulda had Jerry's ear and two oline guys woulda been drafted last draft, BUT obviously Callahan was good with the core after we address a starting center from this draft. I don't get it....BUT, I'm willing to see the finished product in games 1 & 2 before pissing and moaning about it. I can see 5 good starters but I'm having a real problem seeing any depth on this oline thus far. Saturday will be a real good test...cincy gets up field. Must see TV for 3 quarters
I think we draft a guard next year early. This way we wont be resigning our center & guard later in life in the same year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Find myself watching all 4 qtrs this year.

after the injuries last year... depth has been my concern all offseason and remains my biggest concern.
Some are looking good like Selvie.. others looking blahhhhh

Yeah I'm gonna be watching the next game real close. It should play a major factor in determining our depth and who is cut/released/replaced

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I watch the entire game....I just tend to focus on the line play and who is getting a push this season more than others. I have no interest in 3's against 3's as something to talk about.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one would think but then again....nobody saw 2nd TE and 3rd WR this year
I mentioned a TE in the 1st two rounds. Of course I didn't realize I was serious :rollseyes:
Was talking trash about how we screwed up past drafts, & watch we will draft a TE. Poof!!! I was so mad at myself for saying anything LOL

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one would think but then again....nobody saw 2nd TE and 3rd WR this year

I saw WR coming.... Cap issues... Either Austin will leave or we wont resign Dez.... Harris did come on last year.. but the growth process of a receiver is usually 3 years ... So I did see that pick coming. Was happy with who we got too.

TE I didn't see coming. Thought is was dumb as shit at the time and did til a few days ago.
Seems Parnell isn't the only one stinking it up. Hanna is also stinking it up. So it may be one of those picks we hate right now... but pays off later.

On a side note... I stood behind Cooper (carolina guard) being the best guard in the draft for us because of how he could do it all especially pull on a zone line..... He looked REAL good vs us in the last game.