• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just had a thought about draft and next season

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really expect Houston to draft Christian Hackenburg in round 2 depending on how his stock goes before the draft. Right now he has rd 3 grade but I don't see him falling past round 2... Could go even higher with good workouts. So RG3 might make sense for them if they aren't putting a lot of money into him. Hack and RG 3 one will turn out there. You know Bill O'Brien is gonna find Hackenburg appealing after recruiting him and starting him as a True FR. Not sure Tom Savage is the answer there. He was over drafted and hasn't gotten a shot in his first two years there.

Yeah Hackenburg does seem like a great fit for Houston. The kid has all the talent you could want just needs somebody who can give him the time and energy to really develop his skills.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Hackenburg does seem like a great fit for Houston. The kid has all the talent you could want just needs somebody who can give him the time and energy to really develop his skills.
exactly...time and coaching. I wonder how many qbs in past 10 years say, could have become decent if not great qb`s if they would of had chance to develop. It`s sad but it`s the NFL today. It`s win and win now and it`s really hurt a few of these guys because of that. We should really consider our selves one of the lucky teams that have had that luxury with Oz. If he is still a Bronco next yr. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't figure Oz as a guy who would make a run for the money - over taking the keys to the Broncos Ferrari. I suspect Elway - knows how the QB situation will come out already.

My opinion - Manning is gone after this run. I salute him.

Oz comes back and the Broncos invest about $11 or $12 million in other roster spots.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team only has one tag they can put on one player. For the Broncos good chance that they use that on Von Miller unless they can get him signed before the date where you have to tag a player. Also tagging Osweiler would be very expensive. We are talking $19 million just to tag him for one year. Good chance we could get him to sign a contract where he gets paid that over a 2-year period not just one season then have to sign him long-term after that.

Actually there is 3 tags but you are right you can only tag one player. We can tag Oz with on of the tags and when a team makes him a offer we can match it .. Can't remember the tags name but if we don't match it we gain no picks ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...time and coaching. I wonder how many qbs in past 10 years say, could have become decent if not great qb`s if they would of had chance to develop. It`s sad but it`s the NFL today. It`s win and win now and it`s really hurt a few of these guys because of that. We should really consider our selves one of the lucky teams that have had that luxury with Oz. If he is still a Bronco next yr. :)

Brees was a throw away .. crazy as that sounds

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there is 3 tags but you are right you can only tag one player. We can tag Oz with on of the tags and when a team makes him a offer we can match it .. Can't remember the tags name but if we don't match it we gain no picks ..
are you referring to round designations? like in order to sign another teams RFA you must surrender a pick based on how they were designated.
Explaining NFL Free Agent Designations - Over the Cap
pretty decent explanation of what im talking about

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yout are right there are 3:

Exclusive Franchise Tag: Player tagged can't negotiate with other teams. Player must be offered the higher of the average of top 5 in the position, or 120% of previous year's salary.

Non-exclusive Franchise Tag: Player can negotiate with other teams. If he gets another offer, current team can match, or if it doesn't match, gets 2 1st round picks in compensation. Players retained earn the higher of the 5-year average of the top five salaries at the position, or 120% of previous year's salary.

Transition Tag: Player can negotiate with other teams ,but current team has right to match. If current team does not match, there is no draft pick compensation. Players tagged (if retained) receives the higher of the average of the top 10 salaries at the position, or 120% of previous year's salary.