• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just had a thought about draft and next season

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah .. I would say that is about the sort of deal I expect Osweiler to sign for.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great posts and thoughts. One thing that is interesting, where could Manning go if Denver gave to Brock? No SB contenders need a qb and then you have a few teams that have their future qbs..Tennessee- Mariota, and then jags and Bucks believe they have theirs along with Vikings. The rest of teams need a lot of help so Mannings options if Denver didn't resign bin in some capacity,are very dismal for him. He would only go to a team that would have shot at SB and all those are taken. His only options next yr is to retire or sign on as back up somewhere else. He might as well stay in Denver really. Maybe if as qb coach. There's no where for him to go to start. seriously.poor guy

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great posts and thoughts. One thing that is interesting, where could Manning go if Denver gave to Brock? No SB contenders need a qb and then you have a few teams that have their future qbs..Tennessee- Mariota, and then jags and Bucks believe they have theirs along with Vikings. The rest of teams need a lot of help so Mannings options if Denver didn't resign bin in some capacity,are very dismal for him. He would only go to a team that would have shot at SB and all those are taken. His only options next yr is to retire or sign on as back up somewhere else. He might as well stay in Denver really. Maybe if as qb coach. There's no where for him to go to start. seriously.poor guy

Houston would probably be his best bet. they made the playoffs this year so they have a decent team. In fact they remind me of the Broncos this year just not quite as good on either side of the ball. They have a great defense, decent run game, and terrible QB. So I think he could go there and think he stands a chance of at least making the playoffs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got that desire to see what he has, for the right price.... As long as it is a low risk/high award type of deal with nothing to lose. If it gets into a bidding war, then no way. Cheap deal? Yes please! No harm.

Might be too many desperate teams looking for a QB to expect a cheap deal though. Someone may role the dice or he could get a nice chunk on a one year deal, from a teams stand point it doesn't hold them hostage as it is only one year, for RG3 it works because if he proves a new team does the trick he gets a bigger deal after the one year deal is up.

1 year deal or not, if it isn't cheap then we shy away.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston would probably be his best bet. they made the playoffs this year so they have a decent team. In fact they remind me of the Broncos this year just not quite as good on either side of the ball. They have a great defense, decent run game, and terrible QB. So I think he could go there and think he stands a chance of at least making the playoffs.

I really expect Houston to draft Christian Hackenburg in round 2 depending on how his stock goes before the draft. Right now he has rd 3 grade but I don't see him falling past round 2... Could go even higher with good workouts. So RG3 might make sense for them if they aren't putting a lot of money into him. Hack and RG 3 one will turn out there. You know Bill O'Brien is gonna find Hackenburg appealing after recruiting him and starting him as a True FR. Not sure Tom Savage is the answer there. He was over drafted and hasn't gotten a shot in his first two years there.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of them Cd but if he only wants to play one more season, Houston with some new good pieces still would not get him to SB in 2017. But your right as far as best chance with the leftovers he will have to choose from, Houston would be best option

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of them Cd but if he only wants to play one more season, Houston with some new good pieces still would not get him to SB in 2017. But your right as far as best chance with the leftovers he will have to choose from, Houston would be best option

Yeah that is the problem is all the top teams in the league already have a set QB it seems. Houston is the one playoff team I would say that doesn't have a true QB set up right now. Maybe the Jets would be another option but doubt he would want to be in the same division as Brady.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years 36 million for Oz ?

Get that done !!!

That's right in the vicinity of Nick Foles money

I think Oz might be being unfairly judged because his name has been connected with the team for so long, but his first NFL start was only weeks ago ...... What happened to the 3-4 year time frame for a QB to develop ???

The guy showed a lot by stepping into the situation - it's not like he had a ton of reps since Manning has been here

We just gave Wolfe 36 + for four years ...... Oz has shown me enough that he deserves it

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is the problem is all the top teams in the league already have a set QB it seems. Houston is the one playoff team I would say that doesn't have a true QB set up right now. Maybe the Jets would be another option but doubt he would want to be in the same division as Brady.
But he wants to go to the same division as the colts? For what its worth that is the only place i thought of manning going if he were to continue playing

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- Manning if he goes anywhere ends up on Houston.

Only other place I can really think of is the Rams for marketing purposes in LA, bu I just don't see him wanting to play there with one year left.. Team is too far away from a ring.

I personally think Manning hangs it up after this year... If he plays Houston makes the most sense.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want RG3 at all. Denver already had a QB that couldn't read defenses. Plus add he can't and won't stay healthy and will run first. Plus he brings to much attention from the media. Hell if we go that route mine as well go back to Tebow. I say no thanks and that's a waste of money. Resign Brock and if that doesn't work draft someone in the later rounds and sign a vet for a year or two.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got that desire to see what he has, for the right price.... As long as it is a low risk/high award type of deal with nothing to lose. If it gets into a bidding war, then no way. Cheap deal? Yes please! No harm.

Might be too many desperate teams looking for a QB to expect a cheap deal though. Someone may role the dice or he could get a nice chunk on a one year deal, from a teams stand point it doesn't hold them hostage as it is only one year, for RG3 it works because if he proves a new team does the trick he gets a bigger deal after the one year deal is up.

1 year deal or not, if it isn't cheap then we shy away.
My problem with RGIII is his work ethic. I don't see that as a problem that can be fixed, and in the meantime Kubiak would just be spinning his wheels with him. Sure, the guy puts in physical work, but shows no desire to watch film. So how is he going to learn the mental part of the game? Heck, how is he even going to learn from his own mistakes if he refuses to take the time to watch them? I say let another team take the chance and waste the time before he moves into the broadcast booth.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- Manning if he goes anywhere ends up on Houston.

Only other place I can really think of is the Rams for marketing purposes in LA, bu I just don't see him wanting to play there with one year left.. Team is too far away from a ring.

I personally think Manning hangs it up after this year... If he plays Houston makes the most sense.
You know DC that`s really not to far-fetched when I think about it. They have a great D and a stud RB. Just need a little help with O-line and prob a wr. If they were to have stadium built in 2016 instead of 2019 I believe that could be more intriguing for Manning.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw in one post that RG3 would be good fit in Kubiak system. Don`t see that. Kubiak has had two pocket passing qb`s that were not very mobile in Flacco and Schaub. RG3`s biggest problem is, well everything. He was a one yr wonder and his true colors have been blatantly exposed. He is destined to be the Michael Vick that we`ve seen the last few yrs if he gets to hang around that long. :)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To chime in with everyone else, I could see 3 potential landing spots for Manning if he decides to come back and the Broncos move on, but each has their drawbacks.

Houston - great receiver in Hopkins, but does he really want to play the Colts twice a year?
NY Jets - very good defense, lots of offensive talent, but does he really want to battle the Patriots for the division?
Rams - Great defense, but weak receivers, and facing that Seattle defense twice can't be appealing.

Of course, all of this is speculation, and I think he retires anyway.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with the Broncos bringing in RG3. He's only a few years removed from winning rookie of the year. He has talent, will he put in the work? Certainly you don't want to break the bank for him, but signing him to a cheap deal could turn out to be a steal.

However, I think he ends up in Dallas.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I wouldn't worry too much about this scenario happening. Brock loves Denver, the fans like him, his teammates like him, and I don't think he will break the bank.