• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Have High Respect for the Texas A&M Football Program

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Washington plays a tough OOC schedule, including playing a top 5 team, as well as having to play 4-5 other ranked teams because their conference is so tough, then you can join the conversation with constructive banter.

2014 - Hawaii, Eastern Washington, Illinois, Georgia State
2015 - Boise State, Sacramento State, Utah State
2016 - Rutgers, Idaho, Portland State
2017 - Rutgers, Montana, Fresno State
2018 - Auburn, BYU, North Dakota
2019 - Eastern Washington, Hawaii, BYU

Seriously? This year you finally got an OOC schedule right but then you go back to the shit that UW has scheduled 4 years prior.
Washington plays 11 P5 regular season opponents this year including Auburn and the team that beat Wiscy. A&M schedules 3 sisters of the poor every year from FCS teams to G5 teams that nobody outside of Inbred County Texas has ever heard of @ home. Don't give me that bs about A&M scheduling a tough OOC schedule.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington plays 11 P5 regular season opponents this year including Auburn and the team that beat Wiscy. A&M schedules 3 sisters of the poor every year from FCS teams to G5 teams that nobody outside of Inbred County Texas has ever heard of @ home. Don't give me that bs about A&M scheduling a tough OOC schedule.

Noone has ever heard of Clemson, Notre Dame, Colorado, Fresno State, Miami or Arizona State? Yeah, let's take a page our of Washington's book and schedule FCS teams and bottom of the barrel P5/G5 teams. Washington doesn't know the meaning of a tough schedule. Texas A&Ms conference schedule is harder then Washington's entire schedule.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone has ever heard of Clemson, Notre Dame, Colorado, Fresno State, Miami or Arizona State? Yeah, let's take a page our of Washington's book and schedule FCS teams and bottom of the barrel P5/G5 teams. Washington doesn't know the meaning of a tough schedule. Texas A&Ms conference schedule is harder then Washington's entire schedule.
Cut the shit. A&M has 4 OOC games vs Washington's 3. A&M has a well earned reputation of scheduling one decent OOC P5 opponent and three sisters of the poor for home games. Now if I had a recent lobotomy I just might buy into this thread.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M has played the top 2 ranked teams in the country. Not very many teams can say that. They have the #2 team in the country scheduled next year. They play in, in my opinion, the toughest division in college football. Games against Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State every year, as well as teams like Clemson two years, Notre Dame two years and Miami two years. The sucky part is that by the time you play who you've scheduled to play, they might not be as good as when you initially scheduled them.

For example, Bama scheduled Louisville this year back when they were an actual threat in the ACC. But they've regressed and now the kickoff matchup wasn't as good as it looked 2-3 years ago. Could be the same thing with Miami for Texas A&M in 2022 and 2023. Miami is an ACC Title contender and has been for the last 2 years, but by the time it comes to play Texas A&M, Miami might be a fringe bowl team like they were during the Randy Shannon era.

They schedule 1 legit team and scrubs. LSU and Auburn did the same or at least intended to do the same. Nothing in their OOC scheduling that is particularly impressive. It is pretty much by the book. Schedule 1 name brand game and fill the rest with garbage. I like make fun of Bama, but they generally go to Atlanta or Dallas and play a name brand. They played FSU and USC recently. So I really don’t understand your point

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was impressive, I am applauding the fact that A&M have improved and aren't scheduling massively easy OOC games like teams like Bama and OU have done and are doing in the near future.

LOL, we are scheduling the same fucking teams dumbass, unless you are arguing that Colorado is a better team than Texas.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M has played the top 2 ranked teams in the country. Not very many teams can say that. They have the #2 team in the country scheduled next year. They play in, in my opinion, the toughest division in college football. Games against Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State every year, as well as teams like Clemson two years, Notre Dame two years and Miami two years. The sucky part is that by the time you play who you've scheduled to play, they might not be as good as when you initially scheduled them.

For example, Bama scheduled Louisville this year back when they were an actual threat in the ACC. But they've regressed and now the kickoff matchup wasn't as good as it looked 2-3 years ago. Could be the same thing with Miami for Texas A&M in 2022 and 2023. Miami is an ACC Title contender and has been for the last 2 years, but by the time it comes to play Texas A&M, Miami might be a fringe bowl team like they were during the Randy Shannon era.

We've tried scheduling the #1 team, but somehow there always seem to be a scheduling conflict....something about the space time continuum.

Half the in the SEC have scheduled Clemson in the last 10 years. AtM just caught them at the top.

All of the teams in the SEC West will have to play at least 2 top 10 teams and half of them(those not in the top 10) will have to play 3.

Auburn is currently slated to play the current #1, #2 and #5 teams and then already beat the then #6 team.

The easiest way I know to have a better schedule is to not play in a shitty conference.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see at least 1 more P5 OOC matchup against a worthy opponent.

Maybe a in-State rivalry game that we could play on Thanksgiving instead of LSU.

A former SWC foe would really bring in some national attention and get good ratings

Which game would be the most interesting match up, Texas Tech, TCU, or Baylol?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see at least 1 more P5 OOC matchup against a worthy opponent.

Which game would be the most interesting match up, Texas Tech, TCU, or Baylol?
Florida State or Arizona.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free word of advice: never feel bad for aggie

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ this retard still calling BYU a P5 team.

<waits for the same links he always posts because he isn't capable of forming an argument using his own words>

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this retard still calling BYU a P5 team.

<waits for the same links he always posts because he isn't capable of forming an argument using his own words>

"BYU is a P5 team despite them only playing 4 P5 teams this year"

LOL.

If you're gonna be an independant and expect P5 treatment, you'd better be like Notre Dame and schedule like a P5 team

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the vagina conference calling BYU a P5 team before anyone even considered it ... and all because they had to have a reason to validate their pussy ass 8 game conference schedule.

SEC will consider Notre Dame, BYU and Army as Power Five opponents

Same tired links, same tired arguments.

I don't care what technicalities conferences use. If you only play 4 P5 teams on your schedule, you aren't a P5 team.

Notre Dame schedules like a P5 team, and thus they are rightfully considered as such.

If Notre Dame runs the table, they're in the playoffs. If BYU runs the table, they're getting the UCF treatment.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same tired links, same tired arguments.

I don't care what technicalities conferences use. If you only play 4 P5 teams on your schedule, you aren't a P5 team.

Notre Dame schedules like a P5 team, and thus they are rightfully considered as such.

If Notre Dame runs the table, they're in the playoffs. If BYU runs the table, they're getting the UCF treatment.
Don't tell me, tell the SEC commissioner seeing how they were the first ones to consider BYU a P5 team. That's what happens when you have a 14 member conference that doesn't have the testicles to play it's own conference members ... they have to give P5 status to more non con teams to make it look like they're actually playing someone with a pulse.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me, tell the SEC commissioner seeing how they were the first ones to consider BYU a P5 team. That's what happens when you have a 14 member conference that doesn't have the testicles to play it's own conference members ... they have to give P5 status to more non con teams to make it look like they're playing someone with a pulse.

Seemed to work out fine with 3 of the 4 playoff teams last season playing for conferences that have 8 conference games.

Seems to me there's a correlation between an 8 game conference schedule and natties.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to work out fine with 3 of the 4 playoff teams last season playing for conferences that have 8 conference games.

Seems to me there's a correlation between an 8 game conference schedule and natties.
Hey, if the SEC doesn't have the man testicles to play its own conference members that's their thing.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if the SEC doesn't have the man testicles to play its own conference members that's their thing.

How many natties has playing a 9 game conference schedule got anyone?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many natties has playing a 9 game conference schedule got anyone?
Like I said, if the SEC doesn't have the man testicles to play their own conference members then that's their thing. I look at the SEC as a pseudo conference ... like the 14 member ACC. They call themselves a conference but its not a real conference. Real conferences actually play their own conference members.