• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Have High Respect for the Texas A&M Football Program

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO! A&M has 4 OOC games so they take a series vs one P5 opponent and schedule 3 sisters of the poor.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANyone who watched that game knows the refs blew some major major major calls that ultimately cost Oregon the game.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANyone who watched that game knows the refs blew some major major major calls that ultimately cost Oregon the game.

What I've learned over the last decade of futility is that when you are losing, it seems all the calls go against you. While you are ignoring the moronic coaching/player decision making that the rest of us witnessed last night by Oregon.

I recognized it, because I saw it all last year and at the beginning of this year with my own team. I'm praying to God it doesn't return, you should too. :suds:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

From what I'm seeing, you guys play Miami once in the next 5 years, no games against Notre Dame, two games against Texas and a game against USC and Duke. Not including the national title games, Alabama and Clemson played in 2008 and before that was 1975. 4 times since 1975 and 3 of those times were in the CFP, not a regular season game.

My bad I was thinking we played them twice OOC, that was VT. How many times has A&M played Clemson again?

The Notre Dame games are in 2028 & 2029...I didn't realize you were going to move the goalposts again.

So again, we play Duke, USC, Miami, Texas and Texas

A&M plays Clemson, Colorado, Colorado, Miami and Miami.

Remind me again why this is much more impressive.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I was thinking we played them twice OOC, that was VT. How many times has A&M played Clemson again?

It will be twice in 2 years and 3 times since 2005. More than Bama has when you don't include the CFP.

The Notre Dame games are in 2028 & 2029...I didn't realize you were going to move the goalposts again.

Didn't move the goalposts, just didn't see them listed. I was only able to find up til 2025.

Remind me again why this is much more impressive.

I didn't say it was impressive, I am applauding the fact that A&M have improved and aren't scheduling massively easy OOC games like teams like Bama and OU have done and are doing in the near future.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So A&M schedules 9 total Power 5 games and deserves a compliment?????

All of the Big12, PAC, Big 10 does that by rule every season.

And most of the overwhelming majority of the Big 12, PAC 12, and Big 10 plays 10 Power 5 games.

Heck a few of those teams including mine play 11 Power 5 games a year often.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take away texags qb runs and whats left? i'll listen to the crickets while ya figure that out. however, qb runs count and mond had a real good day running the ball. the best plays texag made were with monds feet. mond is a long stryder that avoids solid hits. kudos to the kid for playing tough.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And most of the overwhelming majority of the Big 12, PAC 12, and Big 10 plays 10 Power 5 games.

s-l300.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why. They could have taken an easy route like a lot of other P5 teams and schedule some weak ass OOC schedule and mix in some FCS teams. They have 4 OOC games this year and they could've all been easy wins, but no, they decided to schedule the #2 team in the country, Clemson. They challenged themselves and they held their own. They also played Alabama, the #1 team in the country and they moved the ball down the field and played pretty well. I feel like Texas A&M is a good program, I love how that program scheduled this year's games. They've schedule Clemson for next year as well, they've scheduled Miami for 2022 and 2023 and Notre Dame in 2024 and 2025. They are scheduling the way P5 teams should be scheduling. Play top teams. High risk, high reward. Their schedule this year is turning out to be one of the hardest. Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Auburn and LSU left on their schedule. I see you Texas A&M....I see you.

This is just dumb. Northwest State, La- Monroe, and UAB. Northwest is a direction, it’s not a state. UAB is in its 2nd or 3rd year, since reopening the program.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you should be putting any of those teams down...they're all better than Army.

All are welcome to schedule with OU, have to be a 2 for 1 though.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just dumb. Northwest State, La- Monroe, and UAB. Northwest is a direction, it’s not a state. UAB is in its 2nd or 3rd year, since reopening the program.

Texas A&M has played the top 2 ranked teams in the country. Not very many teams can say that. They have the #2 team in the country scheduled next year. They play in, in my opinion, the toughest division in college football. Games against Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State every year, as well as teams like Clemson two years, Notre Dame two years and Miami two years. The sucky part is that by the time you play who you've scheduled to play, they might not be as good as when you initially scheduled them.

For example, Bama scheduled Louisville this year back when they were an actual threat in the ACC. But they've regressed and now the kickoff matchup wasn't as good as it looked 2-3 years ago. Could be the same thing with Miami for Texas A&M in 2022 and 2023. Miami is an ACC Title contender and has been for the last 2 years, but by the time it comes to play Texas A&M, Miami might be a fringe bowl team like they were during the Randy Shannon era.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A&M plays in what I consider the toughest division in College Football. They play Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State every year. They could take the easy way out and just schedule low level non P5 teams and/or FCS teams but no, they are scheduling Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami. I just appreciate their OOC schedule seeing that their in conference schedule is really hard and I appreciate them for not taking the easy road and scheduling Clemson from the ACC instead of, for example, Oregon State or Virginia

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M plays in what I consider the toughest division in College Football. They play Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State every year. They could take the easy way out and just schedule low level non P5 teams and/or FCS teams but no, they are scheduling Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami. I just appreciate their OOC schedule seeing that their in conference schedule is really hard and I appreciate them for not taking the easy road and scheduling Clemson from the ACC instead of, for example, Oregon State or Virginia
Fvck A&M. They play three sisters of the poor every year when they schedule OOC games.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP gets the greatest troll the weekend award.
Everyone know that nobody but aTm fans have respect for aTm.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP gets the greatest troll the weekend award.
Everyone know that nobody but aTm fans have respect for aTm.

Just giving credit where credit is due. A&M's conference schedule is killer, so they could easily schedule 3-4 crap OOC teams like some other big time P5 schools do, but they don't.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Washington plays a tough OOC schedule, including playing a top 5 team, as well as having to play 4-5 other ranked teams because their conference is so tough, then you can join the conversation with constructive banter.

2014 - Hawaii, Eastern Washington, Illinois, Georgia State
2015 - Boise State, Sacramento State, Utah State
2016 - Rutgers, Idaho, Portland State
2017 - Rutgers, Montana, Fresno State
2018 - Auburn, BYU, North Dakota
2019 - Eastern Washington, Hawaii, BYU

Seriously? This year you finally got an OOC schedule right but then you go back to the shit that UW has scheduled 4 years prior.