• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Have High Respect for the Texas A&M Football Program

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was not all play each other. It’s a little pathetic that Texas A&M has been in the SEC 7 seasons now and still hasn’t played all the SEC teams. I should have used regularly. Playing someone once every 8 years isn’t regular.

There's a lot of issues with College Football scheduling. To be fair, the Big 12 only has 1 teams so it's really easy to play everyone in your conference. SEC has divisions and they play all the teams in their division every year, and there's 6 games right there. Then you have 3-4 OOC games. Teams with divisions really only have 1-2 open slots on their schedule for other games against teams in their conference.

So for instance, Tennessee. They play the 6 other teams in their division, plus 4 OOC games. Only leaves 2 open slots for 2 other SEC teams. So Tennessee would play teams like Alabama, Auburn and LSU at least once every three years and that's if they don't have other SEC teams scheduled. Big 12 is "small" enough where you can play all of your conference teams and still have room for 2-3 OOC games. The conferences with 6-7 team divisions can't guarantee they will play 1 non-division conference team every 3 years. I do think that once every 8 years is ridiculous, maybe once every 5 years would be acceptable.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was not all play each other. It’s a little pathetic that Texas A&M has been in the SEC 7 seasons now and still hasn’t played all the SEC teams. I should have used regularly. Playing someone once every 8 years isn’t regular.

That is odd.

I think (if my math and understanding is correct), is that each team plays the same opponent every year from the other side, and then plays 1 more game against a team from the other side, and that rotates annually.

So Alabama (West), has a permanent opponent in Tennessee (East), and then the rest of the teams in the east get rotated.

UGA and A&M will first play in 2020 which seems crazy.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of issues with College Football scheduling. To be fair, the Big 12 only has 1 teams so it's really easy to play everyone in your conference. SEC has divisions and they play all the teams in their division every year, and there's 6 games right there. Then you have 3-4 OOC games. Teams with divisions really only have 1-2 open slots on their schedule for other games against teams in their conference.

So for instance, Tennessee. They play the 6 other teams in their division, plus 4 OOC games. Only leaves 2 open slots for 2 other SEC teams. So Tennessee would play teams like Alabama, Auburn and LSU at least once every three years and that's if they don't have other SEC teams scheduled. Big 12 is "small" enough where you can play all of your conference teams and still have room for 2-3 OOC games. The conferences with 6-7 team divisions can't guarantee they will play 1 non-division conference team every 3 years. I do think that once every 8 years is ridiculous, maybe once every 5 years would be acceptable.

No. Tennessee HAS to play Alabama. We are each other's permanent opponent due to the rivalry. Same with Auburn vs UGA, LSU vs Florida. Every team has 1 permanent opponent from the other division, leaving 1 open slot which rotates.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Tennessee HAS to play Alabama. We are each other's permanent opponent due to the rivalry. Same with Auburn vs UGA, LSU vs Florida. Every team has 1 permanent opponent from the other division, leaving 1 open slot which rotates.

That wasn't a literal example, just a general example of teams playing conference teams that are in different divisions.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand how it works with SEC scheduling. I think part of the problem with it is these protected games of east and west. Aside from Georgia/Auburn and maybe Tennessee/Bama does everyone really need to keep the same team in the other division?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama needs to just suck and start rebuilding already so that these lesser conferences can stop crying about SEC schedules.