• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I figured out who TJ Ward reminds me of

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy;

d85kwqtavtvidjbbx2u4.jpg

For those that don't know that's former Dallas Cowboys Strong Safety Roy Williams. I couldn't place it until now but watching Ward today he reminds me so much of Williams with how physical he plays and how bad he is in coverage.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward is what we thought he was .. Burton make it passible to have ward .. If I had to choose between the two I am torn

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We for this year are in Safety Heaven .. I for one will not complain .. Hope we have this same problem for years !! such a nice problem .

I would like ward to be either more aggressive with his personal fouls or be smarter ... because he is now maked by reffs .. plenty players fall on the pile Ward cannot so if he is going to he might as well unload with all his might .. I bet he reals it in .. Either way for me with ward ..Jackson is also being watched ..

We got away with a PI with DT ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that game was keep close by small mistakes for sure ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Ward over Roy Williams.

Same type of hitter. Not claiming Ward is good in coverage, but Roy Williams was one of the worst covering S's I have ever seen outside of Adam Archuelta.

TJ Ward doesn't really remind me of Roy Williams though. Williams was BRUTALLY bad in coverage.

Williams was basically a bad covering LB on the field. Ill never forget the MNF game where the Redskins toasted him for 3 TD's. Aaron Glenn had great coverage on one of them and Williams knocked Glenn to the ground trying to get over to help and Laverneous Coles caught it for a game winning TD.. Williams really costed the Cowboys big time that game.
The Bengals found a way to use Williams better where he wasn't asked to play in deep coverage, but I've never seen a worse cover S then Roy Williams other then Adam Arculeta.

With Darian Stewart pretty solid in coverage the way we play TJ Ward is fine. If we had another poor S in coverage it would really hurt. But the way we play Ward it works pretty well. Just don't ask him to cover in man to man deep coverage.

The player that TJ Ward reminds me of is.......

Rodney Harrison

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, TJ Ward probably plays the run as good as any S in the NFL... His coverage ability will never be good. Just not that type of S and we knew that when we signed him.

Remember we brought Ward and Talib in at a time when we had a VERY soft defense. The physicality these two bring was much needed and like Crash said hard to complain considering we'd have died to have an enforcer of the physical capability Ward has given us in the SB where it lacked dearly vs the Seahawks.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I always thought Aaron Rogers looked a little like Ellen DeGeneres

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, TJ Ward probably plays the run as good as any S in the NFL... His coverage ability will never be good. Just not that type of S and we knew that when we signed him.

Remember we brought Ward and Talib in at a time when we had a VERY soft defense. The physicality these two bring was much needed and like Crash said hard to complain considering we'd have died to have an enforcer of the physical capability Ward has given us in the SB where it lacked dearly vs the Seahawks.
Absolutely agree. The play we've had from that position is hands down the best since Lynch imo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meriweather is a great hitter but TJ Ward is a much better tackler. Meriweather is lights out when he connects though. He just doesn't wrap up well. He is always going for the bone crushing hit. That is his game.. He isn't a technique type of tackler. Ward offers both in run support.

In coverage. Meriweather has better ball skills at reading and reacting when the ball is in the air, but coverage wise fairly similar.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only thing about my Rodney Harrison/TJ Ward comparison might be the length of the two. Harrison has more length and probably slightly better in coverage. But it's as close as I can think to for a comparison of Ward.

There isn't a better in the box S in the NFL then TJ Ward.

If you take him out for 3 games you would notice a significant difference that I don't think a lot of people realize in terms of what he brings to our team with his physical caliber.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only thing about my Rodney Harrison/TJ Ward comparison might be the length of the two. Harrison has more length and probably slightly better in coverage. But it's as close as I can think to for a comparison of Ward.

There isn't a better in the box S in the NFL then TJ Ward.

If you take him out for 3 games you would notice a significant difference that I don't think a lot of people realize in terms of what he brings to our team with his physical caliber.

To me he will show up much more now that the weather is getting cold and teams will want to run the football more. Look at this upcoming Sunday with the Patriots. My guess is to help protect Brady they will give us a healthy dose of Blount. This is the type of game that Ward can really come in and dominate forcing the Patriots into some long 3rd down plays with stuffing the run. Throw in look at what the Bills did last week in they only rushed 4 most of the time but you never knew which 4 it was. They did a ton of Corner/Safety type plays where they came after Brady so I look for Ward to get a few pass rushing opportunities. Yeah you don't stick him back in deep coverage on a regular basis. Not his game but what he does offer he does as one of the 2 best in the league (I would still put Kam Chancellor above him as a box safety).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White has looked pretty good actually. Denver can't over look his ability out of backfield and have feeling Brady will rely on him heavily especially now with no Amendola.