• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I didnt think the redsox would win it

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed the red sox started to become overachievers and as a result were falling short every year. They let the rays push them around and the yankees were always one step ahead. I completely gave up on Boston last year thinking the AL East was moving on with Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and Toronto. I thought it would bot happen again, I thought they were getting older and that Elisbury was holding back the team. I was obviously wrong, they came back to win one more time last year. The same thought this season has happened with the pats in the NFL and I'm getting a sense that they're gonna do the same thing. Its like the weak people need to get off their bandwagon or quit thinking they will win for the teams to win again. Boston sports is known for being hated.

Also is it wierd how each year the red sox won their last two world series' the pats are in the following sb and the celtics are a 3 and 1 seed the next NBA playoff? Thats scary to think about. Aren't the bruins winning too?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very interesting (and very rare) that all four major sports teams are having sucess at the same time....

As for the Red Sox, many people had written them off in 2013. Most Boston fans hated the ownership and what they did with the team. There were only a few of us that thought they had a chance. I remember saying, "If everything goes right..." (of course, I say it every year.) They were very lucky that everything did go right.... The most important thing to go right was that part-owner and CEO, Larry Lucchino shut his mouth and let Ben Cherrington do his job. 2012 was a disaster of his making and he somehow convinced LA to make the Nick Punto trade as an apology to Ben. Since that crazy deal, Lucky Larry has been in hiding and Cherrington has gained control (and done a wonderful job.) And, the fans are coming back - and many don't even remember Bobby Valentine...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I means a lot of people hate all things Boston sports.

:suds:

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.

giphy.gif

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed the red sox started to become overachievers and as a result were falling short every year. They let the rays push them around and the yankees were always one step ahead. I completely gave up on Boston last year thinking the AL East was moving on with Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and Toronto. I thought it would bot happen again, I thought they were getting older and that Elisbury was holding back the team. I was obviously wrong, they came back to win one more time last year. The same thought this season has happened with the pats in the NFL and I'm getting a sense that they're gonna do the same thing. Its like the weak people need to get off their bandwagon or quit thinking they will win for the teams to win again. Boston sports is known for being hated.

Also is it wierd how each year the red sox won their last two world series' the pats are in the following sb and the celtics are a 3 and 1 seed the next NBA playoff? Thats scary to think about. Aren't the bruins winning too?
I did notice the little tidbit about the Red Sox and Patriots. The Celtics were the 3 seed in 2005, right after the Red Sox won the '04 World Series. However that was largely because of how mediocre the Eastern Conference and the Atlantic division was that year. They lost in the first round. 2008 they obviously won the championship though. As far as the Bruins are concerned, there was no '04-'05 season in hockey so I guess that doesn't matter. In '07-'08 they made the playoffs and took Montreal to 7 games after being down 3-1, but eventually got crushed in the final game.

The most realistic and best thing that could happen in Boston sports this year, after the Red Sox winning the World Series would be 1. Patriots win the Super Bowl, 2. Bruins win the Stanley Cup (currently first in their division, 2 seed in East, and 3. Celtics win the lottery and get the number 1 pick, currently 5th worst record in the NBA.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, back in 2007, don't forget that Boston College football was ranked number 2 in the country at one point. Finished the season number 10. BC hockey won the national championship, the beginning of 3 straight years of Boston schools winning it all (BC in '08, BU in '09, and BC again in '10). The basketball team didn't make the tournament in the '07-'08 season, but in the '06-'07 they made it to the second round and only lost by 7 to #2 Georgetown.