• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Can't Handle The Officiating Any More

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its getting bad. That Hopkins play might be one of the worst calls ever. I mean how do you get replay wrong on that. U see green between his foot and sideline. Its time to suspend Refs just like you would suspend players for doing something wrong.

It wasn't replayed because the whistle blew the play dead, which of course was another screw up.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the defenders made helmet-to-helmet contact with Cam Newton, they were penalized. There was a DB, from the Broncos, of whom received a fine for his contact to Cam's helmet.

From what I saw, this season, from the officials' calls: the officials are officiating, perfectly. Quit blaming the officials, when your team loses!

Perfectly, you say?

You and I are watching much different games, I think.

And I am not even talking Eagles games....I am seeing this in games where I have no rooting interest.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its getting bad. That Hopkins play might be one of the worst calls ever. I mean how do you get replay wrong on that. U see green between his foot and sideline. Its time to suspend Refs just like you would suspend players for doing something wrong.
There was no play to challenge, the whistle was blown.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to hear about how there's a conspiracy against the Raiders ever again after watching MNF last night.

The refereeing bias against the Raiders only applies in the United States apparently. Forget Las Vegas, viva la Mexico!

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree officiating has gotten kind of out of hand tho. Especially with flags, it's insane how many flags are thrown in an NFL game

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no play to challenge, the whistle was blown.
I know Im talking about how there wasnt one and how upstairs couldnt alert field judges and be like u messed up. There was no excuse for that miss call. One of the worst I have seen. They saw the replay upstairs.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is under siege from every possible direction. Forget for a second that if it's self inflicted or not.

It is being attacked by:

It's own players.
The union.
Football fans
Non football fans
And not least of which it is a huge ideological target. The left leaning media routinely hammers the NFL.

What does all of this have to do with bad calls or missed calls?

The attacks on the NFL have been mostly about player safety. So the NFL caves to the pressure and creates lots & lots of new rules. Rules that sound like a no brainier (no pun intended) but as so often is the case, enforcement is the hard part. And as they say, shit runs downhill. You now have put the responsibility of player safety onto the shoulders of the refs. Along with their normal responsibility of being a ref in an NFL football game.

What happens when you put 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag?

Now, how long has the NFL been experimenting with adding an 8th official? ...a couple of years now?
What in God's name is preventing them from just giving us 10 refs per game? How can more refs not be a huge benefit.

A while we are at it ...why the hell is there not a microchip in the ball yet? You put a light weight chip in both ends of the ball(it will have no affect on the flight of the ball) and you can track that football to within a millimeter on the field. A wireless grid is laid out on the field and you can know instantly if & when the balls crosses a first down marker, out of bounds, goal lines etc. One less thing refs have to focus on.

There was a prototype of this at least 10 years ago.

In the end, yea there are some calls you just can't see how the refs could call or miss calling. But I could make the argument that the refs are being ask to insure the survival of the NFL.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches challenging ball spots should not be counted as a challenge. Each team should get two free each half.

Officials who have more than two of their penalty/ball placement calls overturned in a game should be suspended for two games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The attacks on the NFL have been mostly about player safety. So the NFL caves to the pressure and creates lots & lots of new rules. Rules that sound like a no brainier (no pun intended) but as so often is the case, enforcement is the hard part. And as they say, shit runs downhill. You now have put the responsibility of player safety onto the shoulders of the refs. Along with their normal responsibility of being a ref in an NFL football game.

greed....pure greed and their fucking up a good thing

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of either team. Don't really care who won. And I think the Texans got jobbed in that game. The Hopkins sideline run was close enough that I can see how a ref might think he stepped out. Still a bad call and they ought to err on the side of caution in those plays and not blow the whistle if they think it's close. It can always be reviewed afterward, but if the whistle blows it is non-reviewable. Anyway, that one was close enough I let the ref off the hook. But those two terrible spots late in the game? WTF? And one was reviewed and they still didn't even get close to the right spot. That was a game changer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they missed a spot for the Texans early on, too, but I was watching the game in a restaurant so I couldn't tell 100%. The ref calling the play on the sideline dead was embarrassing, though.

They were definitely giving the Texans some bad spots from what I could tell but the two late in the game were just down right terrible and in my opinion possibly cost the Texans 10 points. They were in field goal range already and had been moving the ball easily on the Raiders most of the night. Messing up the call caused a turnover on downs and just a few plays later the Raiders score a deep pass for a touchdown. It just was one of those momentum shifting moments in the game when the Texans really had the game in hand.

And yeah the calling the play dead was embarrassing. To me at least let the play play out and if you think he was down just consider it having been a late whistle kind of thing. Then at least the play is reviewable to see if it could get overturned. Again just another big moment that the officials made a crucial call that I think most today would agree was wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to hear about how there's a conspiracy against the Raiders ever again after watching MNF last night.

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing. In the AFC West with things so close this controversial win could be what puts the Raiders over the top.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding is that the Refs don't actually can't freeze the frames. Seems like an obvious addition and if the NFL is scared of refs misusing it, then maybe fulltime refs should be a solution...

You would think that even at home we have PVRs and slo mo and freeze that the ref should too.

And get them a bigger fucking screen to look at while they are at it. Going under the hood to squint at some small screen is silly.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No replay allowed as they called the play dead supposedly.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The solution to the problem is fewer cameras so fans don't get 6 different views of every play so they can criticize every mistake the refs make.
there is some truth to this.

back in the day, there were bad calls as well.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I was thinking the exact same thing. In the AFC West with things so close this controversial win could be what puts the Raiders over the top.
Yeah, the officiating has sucks!
broncos.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that even at home we have PVRs and slo mo and freeze that the ref should too.

And get them a bigger fucking screen to look at while they are at it. Going under the hood to squint at some small screen is silly.

We should definitely slow down the pace of play. I think it is a little too fast as it is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the officiating has sucks!
broncos.jpg

You realize that is like the worst camera angle you could have picked right? That really shows nothing. It shows he was close but that is about it.