• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Can't Handle The Officiating Any More

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that is like the worst camera angle you could have picked right? That really shows nothing. It shows he was close but that is about it.
better?
new-video-shows-that-broncos-player-appeared-to-step-out-of-bounds-on-the-controversial-game-deciding-play.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should definitely slow down the pace of play. I think it is a little too fast as it is.

All I'm saying is if they can't see it properly they will never get it right.

Nothing to do with overall speed of play. If they are going to review something do it properly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that is a good angle. The officials never had that one in the game though because the NFL does not have cameras going down the sidelines for some reason. The call on the field was that he was in and because no camera angle could really dispute that they had to go with what they called.

In the Texans/Raiders game yeah it was close. I think he was more in than the picture above of the Bronco player and I think the official blew his whistle a little too quickly making it impossible to review for the Texans. I'm not saying they would have overturned it but that was a critical call in the game for both teams.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating has always been bad...it's just that now you have more cameras and replays to catch mistakes - and that's for both the officials, the fans and the league in general. I care less now that the product on the field has taken a drastic step back as well.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is a good angle. The officials never had that one in the game though because the NFL does not have cameras going down the sidelines for some reason. The call on the field was that he was in and because no camera angle could really dispute that they had to go with what they called.

In the Texans/Raiders game yeah it was close. I think he was more in than the picture above of the Bronco player and I think the official blew his whistle a little too quickly making it impossible to review for the Texans. I'm not saying they would have overturned it but that was a critical call in the game for both teams.
Agreed, it happens every week and to every team eventually. Except maybe the Patriots.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an easy job

Im actually shocked at how good these guys are sometimes, when they make a call correctly in real time that we need 40 TV replays to determine

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an easy job

Im actually shocked at how good these guys are sometimes, when they make a call correctly in real time that we need 40 TV replays to determine
agree...I hear folks saying they need to be full time employees, why? So they can class room study 5 days each week? Accountability and more candidates in the pool seems more logical.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree...I hear folks saying they need to be full time employees, why? So they can class room study 5 days each week?
To minimize the inconsistency of application seems like an obvious answer. Some of that is the rules themselves but these refs aren't on the same page often times on things like PI. Not good for the league when you're scouting refs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To minimize the inconsistency of application seems like an obvious answer. Some of that is the rules themselves but these refs aren't on the same page often times on things like PI. Not good for the league when you're scouting refs.
I don't see it other than more time deciphering rules and more discussion time about those rules.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, fans will always complain. I'm not sure full time refs are the answer, will looking at film all week really make them better? Still the PR alone may be worth it for the league.

But it's clearly getting worse and the lack of accountability should be looked at. When even a casual fan cringes when they learn Jeff Triplett is working their team's game something is terribly wrong. There was no excuse for last night.
NFL referees2.PNG

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the whole situation was screwed up.
Im not saying the officials got the call right. But the hopkins play was a lot closer than i initially thought. When a player goes out of bounds they do blow the play dead. Which doesn't just effect the replay but the defensive players as well. When the whistle blew the raiders reacted by as the play was dead. Theres no guarantee Hopkins scores without the whistle. And if replay was allowed in the situation. There wouldn't have been enough to overturn the call anyway.

As far as bad calls the spots were worse imo.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Video shows he was gone. Bad job the refs. Cleared it more for me. Clear he was in.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Richard Sherman is right. Condense the rule book that requires a law degree to understand.
Call only the stuff that is obvious, not marginal.
Player safety above all else.
If one more official is needed on the field, do it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those last 3rd and inches and 4th and inches call was ridiculous. The dude got like half is body over the first down marker.

And Hopkins scored a TD, no?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Video shows he was gone. Bad job the refs. Cleared it more for me. Clear he was in.
If they could review it. I don't think they would have had enough to over turn it. It was close and while the raiders secondary was awful. The whistle did change their pursuit. They could have continued to pursue. But tackling a player after a whistle is a personal foul. Very grey area.

The biggest problem I had with the officiating. Was the spots on 3rd and 4th down. Granted we are watching the game from a different angle. And may not see what they do in crowds. But it looked like Houston had a furst down on both. College ball isn't perfect by any means. But I do think they are a lot more accurate than NFL officials.

I'm also not fond of the NFL rules regarding the completion of a pass either tho. That's one of many rules I think needs to be revised. The progression of the NFL rule book. Has created additional errors in NFL officiating

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Richard Sherman is right. Condense the rule book that requires a law degree to understand.
Call only the stuff that is obvious, not marginal.
Player safety above all else.
If one more official is needed on the field, do it.
I agree with Sherman too much isn't always a good thing