• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I blame Suh and Rieff for the game

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ you make too much sense. what did you do with/to the real TrustMe. no ebron comment in there either.. who r u ?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going from a very good unit to a bad one under a new scheme is very realistic.

It is also very realistic when you have faced some of the best defensive fronts in the NFL.

The Giants, Jets, Panthers and Bills all have very good defensive fronts. Green Bay shows signs at times, but the reason they looked good against us is Peppers facing Reynolds and running by him repeatedly like he was standing still. That is what happens when practice squad RT's try to block future hall of famers.

Unfortunately for the Lions -- we have an OL, who has battled injuries to their top two guys at RT, are playing under a new offensive scheme and they have faced some of the best defensive fronts in the NFL.

People can pin the blame on Stafford, but any QB under constant pressure and/or missing key players is going to struggle at times. That is just the nature of the game.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its cool trustme, Stafford does need to clean it up a bit and if he does, our weak oline play and kicker woes wont be an issue. From what I gain here, trying to explain what some of the other issues are is an excuse for Stafford.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ you make too much sense. what did you do with/to the real TrustMe. no ebron comment in there either.. who r u ?

I just like messing around with the Ebron comments. It makes the site entertaining.

I think the Lions should have destroyed Buffalo. When you are playing without Calvin Johnson, Joique Bell, Reggie Bush, etc. -- It is going to hurt the teams performance.

Even with all the injuries -- Detroit STILL should have won the game. The reason for the loss wasn't Stafford, it wasn't the defense, it wasn't even the OL (though they are right up there with the #1 reason) -- It was the field goal kicker.

Detroit is 4-12 in field goal tries this year and have made ZERO kicks from 40-49 yards. I don't even see how that is possible in the NFL.

This one is for Big Blue. Maybe we should trade Ebron to Dallas for Bailey. That guy has made like 30+ straight field goals. It isn't as if the team would miss Ebron's production.:suds:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Mayhew. I know the Ford's read this board so if I post it a million times and keep hoping the Lions lose then I just know that they will listen and fire him.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are overexagerating how bad the OLine was last game. In the 3 times I watched the game(I'm a nerd like that) you can see Stafford had time to throw. Was it 5 seconds each dropback? No. But he didn't have defenders in his face every play as soon as he got the ball, like you guys portray.

He hit the dirt about 3 or 4 times when there was a receiver with room to catch. His interception was a fastball behind Bush. And he held the ball too long on more than a few plays.

If a defense is covering 7, those are the throws you have to make. Take 4 or 5 yards when its there. You have to be efficient. Until Stafford proves he can be efficient, teams will still play him the same way. He needs to have "methodical" drives, so to speak. The way to beat a coverage defense is not to throw at it, and continue to look for the big plays.

Stafford is a tough, smart quarterback with a big arm. I'm hopeful he can put it all together. But if he plays bad, win or lose, I won't sugar coat it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is the oline in the kicking game Have been putrid this year and nobody's defending them however Stafford plays a little rough he still making some of the mistakes and decisions from last year, whether it's a win or a loss and people are defending him

Nobody is saying he is the problem, but he is part of the problems

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has been a slightly above average quarterback for three years now. Theories, explanations and excuses continue to evolve.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has played well.
Martin has been punting his ass off.
Golden child has been exactly what we were hoping for. More maybe.
Stafford has been bad.
OLine has been bad.
Running game as a whole has been bad.
Fuck FG kickers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense allowed 17 and scored 7, I am not sure what else they are supposed to do...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can post screen shots of Eric Ebron on every play to rip on Stafford. He is a mismatch every time he runs a route and is always open.:suds:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Staff UOTE=TrustMeIamRight;5670270]They can post screen shots of Eric Ebron on every play to rip on Stafford. He is a mismatch every time he runs a route and is always open.:suds:[/QUOTE]

What does seeing him that open, getting looked at and not getting the throw tell you? it tells me that Stafford doesn't trust him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does seeing him that open, getting looked at and not getting the throw tell you? it tells me that Stafford doesn't trust him.

It tells me Stafford didn't see him. We have no clue what Stafford is looking at in a video of the back of his helmet.

If a guy is basically running uncovered -- it doesn't matter who it is -- a QB is going to throw him the ball if he sees him.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't actually believe that, do you? I was just arguing with someone on Facebook who said this. If Stafford seen Ebron WIDE OPEN, ready to score a TD and thought "I'm not sure he'll catch it", then he should be cut right now. If Ebron was so horrible at catching the ball that he can't be trusted to catch a WIDE OPEN pass, not only would he not be in the game, but he would have been cut already.

I think the simple reasoning for that play is Stafford blew it. He wasn't looking at Ebron, or the defense. He was watching Reggie Bush, who was between Ebron and Stafford. Being so locked into Reggie, he missed how the defense shifted at the snap(which is what he should be paying attention to as a pro QB) and left Ebron alone.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Jayfan, three plays missed. He probably should of hit those, especially if his vision was on par with the way we see it here on video. I am confused as to why he didnt hit Ebron though.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to make a video showing the oline getting their asses kicked by only four guys now? Or maybe they should show some of the running lanes Bush misses. Oh, no, how about a video clip of those terrible missed FGs during the game or how Mathis allows a 20 yard completion at the end of the game?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its overreacting to say he sucked. It is to say he should be cut, but a realistic observation is not. I hope Stafford's play improves. He bought himself time with his 2011 season, but he's yet to prove it wasn't a fluke. There is no denying that.

If he keeps playing bad, he will get run out of town, Matt Schaub will tell you that.

Yes, most of us agree he did not play well. But only one of is was advocating benching him.