• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I blame Suh and Rieff for the game

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in another thread -- Burleson was our #2 WR last year until his injury. He was cut by a team that had no WR's and he is a FA. Mike Thomas? Titus Young? Ryan Broyles? Kris Durham -- I think he is on the Titans practice squad.
That was last year.
This last game. Stafford's "weapons" . AKA the starters. Included Megatron (top 2 selection), Tate (top 60 selection), Pettidrops (Top twenty selection), Reggie Bush (top 2 selection) backup TE Ebron (top ten selection).

Brian Hoyer led the Browns back from 3-28 ON THE ROAD with Taylor Gabriel (UDFA), Jordan Cameron (4th rounder), 30 year old Miles Austin (UDFA), Oh I almost forgot Travis Benjamin (round 4).

Think about this... Their defense gives up 28. Our defense give up 17 AND SCORES 7 POINTS OF THEIR OWN!! They win and we lose?

But it's ok, Stafford led our team to 3, 40+ yard field goal attempts and 7 punts?

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this coming from the guy who has been bashing the use of our #10 pick on another weapon for Stafford, when we already had Calvin, Tate, Reggie, Joique, and a good pair of TE's? Only one of those guys wasn't here last year.

Yeah -- what you fail to mention is -- the 'one guy' who wasn't here last year was one of the top two WR FA's on the market. We gave him a 31 million dollar contract. That is kind of an important detail. If you haven't noticed -- that 'one guy' is 5th in the NFL in receiving yards this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's ok, Stafford led our team to 3, 40+ yard field goal attempts and 7 punts?

I'm not sure if you noticed -- Detroit was without both of their RB's much of the 2nd half, Calvin was basically a decoy again in the 1st half and didn't play the rest of the game. Bell missed the entire game and Bush went out in the 2nd half. Ebron is useless. His one solid healthy WR -- Golden Tate did everything he could, finishing with 137 yards and a TD.

Also -- I think most here think of the Buffalo Bills defense as porous. They are ranked #1 in the NFL on stopping teams on 3rd down, only give up 320 yards a game and around 17 ppg on the year.

They are the same as the Lions -- great defensive front -- issues in the secondary. If they get pressure on the QB -- they cause havoc for whoever they are playing (see 6 sacks, 10 hurries).

Do I think Stafford played a great game? Absolutely not. Do I think he did enough to get us the win? Yes. Do I think our OL play was horrendous? Yes. Do I think our defense did enough to win the game? Absolutely and we would have if the field goal kicker makes a couple field goals.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think Stafford played that good but he did what we needed to win. Buffalo was dropping seven all game, which I'm sure Schwartz was hoping Stafford would force passes into. Stafford avoided that and sometimes just ate it whether by sack or throwing the ball away. I was fine with that considering we had the lead and the defense played ok. Buffalos defense kicked the Lions ass and theres no way to say any different.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling,

No offense, but who cares about what Hoyer did to Tennessee.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staffords rally vs the Cowboys was a great performance no doubt about it. But for every Cowboy game moment we get 3 games like the Bills.

With his contract the Lions are not moving on from him but lets not blindly think Stafford is above criticism. His record without CJ is well below .500.

When Stafford had injury problems early in his career it was show me you can stay healthy and he did. Now it's win these games not get them in position to win. That in itself says he didn't do enough to win!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staffords rally vs the Cowboys was a great performance no doubt about it. But for every Cowboy game moment we get 3 games like the Bills.

With his contract the Lions are not moving on from him but lets not blindly think Stafford is above criticism. His record without CJ is well below .500.

When Stafford had injury problems early in his career it was show me you can stay healthy and he did. Now it's win these games not get them in position to win. That in itself says he didn't do enough to win!

:clap:

For 20 million I don't want mediocre I want exceptional.

Speaking of Hoyer and the Browns are getting mediocre for under 1 million bucks and winning

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

For 20 million I don't want mediocre I want exceptional. :suds:

Speaking of Hoyer and the Browns are getting mediocre for under 1 million bucks and winning

I would rather save 19 million if I am getting decent QB play.

Kyle Orton is only making 1/4 of what Stafford is. Those guys did enough to win.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather save 19 million if I am getting decent QB play.

Kyle Orton is only making 1/4 of what Stafford is. Those guys did enough to win.

I will still take Stafford I just want $20 million worth.

JD quit saying truthful things on here. People get allergic reactions to the truth sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth Gandy? Is anyone really speaking the truth when it comes to what the issues really are? Of course I'm a huge Stafford supporter but its dumb to even be talking about this when our offensive line and running backs are the worst in the league right now. Those dudes can barely stay on the field and have been getting dominated in almost every game. I haven't seen any impact plays from those guys since the season started yet people are saying Stafford needs to earn his pay. I certainly agree but can he get some help?

Stafford is actually right there close with all the top QBs with some of the numbers and just a little improvement would have him within the top 5 -10. Go look. This is even after a few bad games against good defenses. Throughout the five games so far, theres nothing that i can find that says Stafford is stuggling outside of a low amount of td passes.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth Gandy? Is anyone really speaking the truth when it comes to what the issues really are? Of course I'm a huge Stafford supporter but its dumb to even be talking about this when our offensive line and running backs are the worst in the league right now. Those dudes can barely stay on the field and have been getting dominated in almost every game. I haven't seen any impact plays from those guys since the season started yet people are saying Stafford needs to earn his pay. I certainly agree but can he get some help?

Stafford is actually right there close with all the top QBs with some of the numbers and just a little improvement would have him within the top 5 -10. Go look. This is even after a few bad games against good defenses. Throughout the five games so far, theres nothing that i can find that says Stafford is stuggling outside of a low amount of td passes.

Just use the ol Eyeball test. Stafford has struggled most of the year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-Line has to get their issues straightened out first, IMO, then we'll have a look see what Stafford can do should the Line play revert to last year. Not making excuses for Stafford.

I still would like to see Lombardi go to short play, meaning quick slants, screens, similar to N.O. or even what Palmer did to the Charger's on that late 1st MNF. It might open up running a little. No running game makes it easy for opponents defense. I see no patience/vision in any of our RB's even tho run blocking has been abysmal to date.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Winning" football teams find ways to win even when they aren't playing their best. On offense, that certainly was the case Sunday ... not playing up to par, but certainly would have won the game in spite of it were it not for a putrid performance by the placekicker.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The offensive line was supposed to be top 10. Last year they were really good. So far this year not so much but they are far from bottom ten.

Numbers....I could care less about numbers! He threw for over 5,000 yards and what did the Lions win? Russell Wilson has mediocre numbers but is successful. Don't get me wrong I like Stafford but it's time for him to live up to the #1 overall pick billing! He needs to get the ball in the end zone not the 33 yard line! As for help how many more high draft picks or FA does the offense need? Tate and Bush as FA. Reiff, Pettigrew, Ebron, LeShoure, Young, Broyles, and Best it's not as if the Lions have not tried to get him weapons. Brady, Manning, and Brees have weapons but make weapons as well.

Stafford needs to get the ball n the end zone in crunch time is the only stat that matters.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline is the worst in the league right now. And I agree, I'd perfer the td over the fg attempt but at times, you're left with no choice.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will come a point in time when everyone will be fed up with Stafford, IF he keeps performing like this. His performance this year is not top 10. To say he has the worst O-line in the NFL is extremely over the top. Non of us watch every play from every game. Plus, an O-line doesn't go from one of the best to the worst in a couple of months, because of a RT.

I'm not for benching Stafford yet, and the people who say "cut him" are ridiculous. But I am done with the excuses. If we need an All Pro offensive line, 4 or 5 weapons at the skill positions, good coaching, and a great defense for him to win, guess what? We can't get all those by paying him $20 million a year, and there are many quarterbacks who could win like that. But you don't build a team FOR a franchise QB, you build a team AROUND him.

There was a point in time where I was garaunteeing that Stafford would win us multiple rings. I'm sorry, but right now I can't see him leading us to the promise land with his play the last 2 years. Again, hopefully this is all adjustments to the new coaches and system. I'm still rooting for him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a difference. Being the worst in the league and playing like it is completely different. They have given up the most sacks and cant run block for crap. I guess I'm over the top then. Watford went from one of the top guards in the league to one of the worse through five games. Explain that. Going from a very good unit to a bad one under a new scheme is very realistic.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not for benching Stafford yet, and the people who say "cut him" are ridiculous. But I am done with the excuses. If we need an All Pro offensive line, 4 or 5 weapons at the skill positions, good coaching, and a great defense for him to WIN, guess what?

What if we just get him a kicker who can make a field goal? Detroit would be 4-1. Who knows how the Carolina game turns out if our kicker makes either of the two field goals in that game.

In Detroit's 2 losses this year -- Our FG kicker is 0-5.

We don't need an All-Pro OL -- but how about one who gives the QB time to make throws the WRs time to run their patterns. Our two losses -- Stafford has been sacked 10 times and hurried 22 times.

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the next. When your best players are out -- production is going to go down. See any game Calvin missed last year. Our RB was signed off the practice squad, because our top two are hurt. Contrary to beliefs on this site -- Buffalo is a very good defense and they are great at pressuring the QB. When you have an OL who has struggled in pass protection and a DL who is great at getting to the QB -- you end up with a QB who is hurrying passes and taking sacks.

The sky isn't falling -- Our offense didn't forget how to pass the ball. When a team becomes one dimensional -- they aren't difficult to stop. Without Bush or Bell, that is what Detroit became. Take away Calvin and it makes it even more difficult to throw the ball.