• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2021 Season

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is the spark they needed to right the ship.
Still trying to process what I watched yesterday. As Mike Vorel put it perfectly, it was like a dam burst. I hope it wasn't a mirage and we don't go right back to stinking up the joint with Cal next week. But I'm optimistic at least after we saw what our offense is capable of when we got most of our WR corps available and they open the playbook up.
The weird thing is it just creates even more questions about WTF happened with Montana and why. But anyway, real solid game out there yesterday and I'll take the W.
Time to nut up and start PAC play.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to process what I watched yesterday. As Mike Vorel put it perfectly, it was like a dam burst. I hope it wasn't a mirage and we don't go right back to stinking up the joint with Cal next week. But I'm optimistic at least after we saw what our offense is capable of when we got most of our WR corps available and they open the playbook up.
The weird thing is it just creates even more questions about WTF happened with Montana and why. But anyway, real solid game out there yesterday and I'll take the W.
Time to nut up and start PAC play.
This Cal game is rather large in a stand point of this season can get back on track with a W or just fold up the tent at 1-3. You could be right that the fact 4 WRs were out and now back which opened up the play book but that's still zero excuse for dropping one to Montana. Pac games are upon us.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this is happening and very happy since this guy could be an absolute monster for the run game down the road. Covid continues to create these unique situations. He's destined to redshirt for sure.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cal game is rather large in a stand point of this season can get back on track with a W or just fold up the tent at 1-3. You could be right that the fact 4 WRs were out and now back which opened up the play book but that's still zero excuse for dropping one to Montana. Pac games are upon us.
I think they thought they could just out muscle Montana upfront and when they couldn't, they didn't have any receivers to throw to. Unacceptable either way.

Side note, I will be watching to Montana/EWU game in two weeks. That game should be a real good one.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they thought they could just out muscle Montana upfront and when they couldn't, they didn't have any receivers to throw to. Unacceptable either way.

Side note, I will be watching to Montana/EWU game in two weeks. That game should be a real good one.
Yep, never take any team for granted. Michigan knows that very well and should have learned from them.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna leave this here because its so pretty.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get sticking with Morris at this point. He just doesn't seem to have the upside to keep rolling him out there. They talk up his big arm but his long passes all tend to float and come up short. I guess the Huard kid must not be as good as they claim if he can't take the job from him.

And now it looks like Jimmy Lake could be fired due to his actions. Might not even make a full year.

This year has been a disaster overall. Just hope a few more wins and a bowl game to lessen the damage done to the program.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get sticking with Morris at this point. He just doesn't seem to have the upside to keep rolling him out there. They talk up his big arm but his long passes all tend to float and come up short. I guess the Huard kid must not be as good as they claim if he can't take the job from him.

And now it looks like Jimmy Lake could be fired due to his actions. Might not even make a full year.

This year has been a disaster overall. Just hope a few more wins and a bowl game to lessen the damage done to the program.
This year is a total disaster. Pretty shocking to think Jimmy Lake may never coach another game here. Mixed emotions, but it's become clear he simply didn't have what it took to be a HC at this point in his career, and maybe he's not going to ever. I think he's one of the best as a DB coach and seemed to do good things as a DC, but he's been a total failure at the job here.

Nobody, and I mean nobody understood the Jon Donovan hire. It will probably never be reported the details of what drove that decision, but it was easily one of the worst decisions JL has ever made in his career. And it appears likely that it will of cost him the job at one of the best gigs in the PAC. Just set this disaster in motion and it could of easily been avoided by picking someone else.

Word is Jen has already been putting out feelers to potential candidates. Lots of rumors right now, but these things are always kept very behind the scenes. It's still a very attractive. One I'm hearing that I, and most of Husky fans are not thrilled at is that Cohen might be looking to get Justin Wilcox from Cal. I don't see that as a massive improvement and don't believe it would really re-energize recruiting or the program. If he's the best we can do, then things are a lot worse behind the scenes than we know it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really don't like to speak ill of Justin Wilcox. I remember what a great job he did once he replaced Holt as DC during the Sark years. I was more bummed to see him leave, than Sark, when Sark took the USC job. I just think he's been very meh at Cal and I'm not sure he could really take us to the next level running the show up here.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris finds another way to blow it again. He is quickly becoming the Bobby Ayala of Husky football.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is a total disaster. Pretty shocking to think Jimmy Lake may never coach another game here. Mixed emotions, but it's become clear he simply didn't have what it took to be a HC at this point in his career, and maybe he's not going to ever. I think he's one of the best as a DB coach and seemed to do good things as a DC, but he's been a total failure at the job here.

Nobody, and I mean nobody understood the Jon Donovan hire. It will probably never be reported the details of what drove that decision, but it was easily one of the worst decisions JL has ever made in his career. And it appears likely that it will of cost him the job at one of the best gigs in the PAC. Just set this disaster in motion and it could of easily been avoided by picking someone else.

Word is Jen has already been putting out feelers to potential candidates. Lots of rumors right now, but these things are always kept very behind the scenes. It's still a very attractive. One I'm hearing that I, and most of Husky fans are not thrilled at is that Cohen might be looking to get Justin Wilcox from Cal. I don't see that as a massive improvement and don't believe it would really re-energize recruiting or the program. If he's the best we can do, then things are a lot worse behind the scenes than we know it.
Hopefully Jen goes out and gets this program an offensive minded HC with a flare of creativity but please don't get Justin Wilcox. That hire doesn't push the needle north and could very well put her on the hot seat if the program stumbles another 3yrs.