• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2021 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele is picking UW to win the PAC12 over USC as his pick from the south.

Heard his breakdown of the conf. He likes what Lake is doing, likes the size and experience on the O line and the strong RB group. Of course loves the defense and expects that unit to dominate. A lot of his reasoning is the schedule though. UW sets up very strong this year missing both Utah and USC off the schedule, and getting most of their tougher games at home. He expects UW to be favored in every game, including against Michigan which I believe right now is a 1 or 1.5pt favorite? Something like that.

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone^^^^^ provide a depth chart for 2021.
Does Hurad have a shot from week 1.
Morris certainly doesn't excite me as Championship Quality. Does Sam Hurad?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone^^^^^ provide a depth chart for 2021.
Does Hurad have a shot from week 1.
Morris certainly doesn't excite me as Championship Quality. Does Sam Hurad?
Never say never, but it's tough for a true freshman to get the nod. Yes, we saw that with Browning who just rose above the rest. He was the first in program history I believe.

QB is for sure one open question mark, as is the depth and play at WR for whoever gets the nod. Whoever it is has a tall order to start the season with opening on the road at Michigan.

Either way, the North is UW's to lose. They have the easiest conference schedule in the PAC avoiding both Utah and USC and getting most of their bigger games at home.

Whoever starts at QB will have one of the top O lines in the conference and a strong running game to support them. This is a big test for Lake and his O staff. They need to get this right to have a magical season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is a few short weeks away, anyone know if QB1 has been named?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no reason to name a game 1 starter until the week of practice leading into game 1.

It is still Morris slot to lose.

I would suspect they have their own internal depth list, but it isn't set in stone.

As much as we all want to know who is going to be throwing the rock, I'm more concerned with who will be catching it and how they are progressing. This team can carry a mid level QB if they have hands on the outside. Something they haven't had in several years now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no reason to name a game 1 starter until the week of practice leading into game 1.

It is still Morris slot to lose.

I would suspect they have their own internal depth list, but it isn't set in stone.

As much as we all want to know who is going to be throwing the rock, I'm more concerned with who will be catching it and how they are progressing. This team can carry a mid level QB if they have hands on the outside. Something they haven't had in several years now.
What's the good word on our WRs in camp.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the good word on our WRs in camp.
There are 3-4 coaches and reporters are talking about. Mostly the smaller/speedier types than the big body types. Remember that Cade Otton gives them that big body type receiver they missed so much and already has experience with Morris. His presence going over the middle should command double teams and leave more one on one outside.

The transfers - Ja'lynn Polk and Giles Jackson both have P5 experience. Jackson has breakaway speed capability. Bynum is a bit of a blue collar WR that has all kinds of upside in blocking and short routes, but hasn't broken out before as a big threat guy.

Otton will still likely get more looks than any other single receiver as I expect the quick throw game to be a major part of the offense. At least in the bigger games.

Remains to be seen if they have the QB arm to help those receivers break out and complete big plays.

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updates?

I'm just ready for some REAL football.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3-4 coaches and reporters are talking about. Mostly the smaller/speedier types than the big body types. Remember that Cade Otton gives them that big body type receiver they missed so much and already has experience with Morris. His presence going over the middle should command double teams and leave more one on one outside.

The transfers - Ja'lynn Polk and Giles Jackson both have P5 experience. Jackson has breakaway speed capability. Bynum is a bit of a blue collar WR that has all kinds of upside in blocking and short routes, but hasn't broken out before as a big threat guy.

Otton will still likely get more looks than any other single receiver as I expect the quick throw game to be a major part of the offense. At least in the bigger games.

Remains to be seen if they have the QB arm to help those receivers break out and complete big plays.
Seems like a lot of potential for that core of WRs and yes I do hope we have a QB with an arm to get these guys to make big plays.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First depth chart of the season released.
E-DfRCtVkAEVev4

I've been following the practices, but was holding off on trying to put too much stock in certain performances or trash others. But this depth chart does pretty much show what we're looking at this year for talent and whose got the confidence to be named the primary starters right now.

The team is young, but feels very experienced. Morris has pretty much nailed the starting role for QB this year. His fall camp was amazing and he created no doubts he's the right guy for the job right now. The Oline is absolutely loaded and could rank within the Top 5 of this country. TE is loaded and Otton is setup for another monster year. RB is loaded and has a Oline that can create a lot of opportunities for them. WR is the question mark this year. They got a lot to prove, but the injection of Polk and Jackson from the transfer portal is greatly appreciated.

Defense is absolutely stocked with ballers. Dline = Loaded. LB = Loaded. Safeties = Loaded. CB = Loaded.

It was a rough year for us all, but really looking forward to this season and what the Huskies can do. I think we have all the talent there to have a very special year. 9+ wins. Can we beat Michigan and Oregon with this roster? Absolutely. Just got to execute it and avoid the slow starts.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Love this move by the Seahawks who needed help with the CB depth this year. Great to have him back in the city.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1