• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don't really care if he gets picked up as a pro or not. This story to me was more about this staff and their lack of development.

Hell, what would Haener look like if he had someone working on his mechanics? Eason has the benefit of having been under other collegiate staff before coming here. The others not so much.

Don't know if Petersen just got lucky with Moore back at Boise, or if he had someone on staff that was better than they have now. Either way it's obvious they don't have the staff to build a top flight QB.

Hate to say it, but this article makes it seem like the coaching staff sort of dropped the ball on developing his arm strength:

How a baseball bat helped former Husky Jake Browning improve his NFL draft stock

I know they specialize in QB development, but I really wish this would've been identified by the coaching staff. Who knows what Browning could've accomplished if he had just a bit more zip on his passes. I'm not a QBs coach and will never pretend to be, but you would think an issue like this would've been identified sooner and addressed. From the article:

"This provided a vital diagnosis for Browning’s mechanics: He wasn’t properly using his core, his hips or his lower half for his throws. Or as Dedeaux described: “He wasn’t mechanically connected.”

Most who saw him (myself included) thought he looked a lot different throwing passes at the combine. He had a lot of hesitation making certain throws in games and I'm sure that was a result of Browning being self aware enough to second guess himself making a throw over the middle.