• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hurts getting paid

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are doing all they can to try to win one more ring in the current window, and as a fan you can't complain, even if you know some of the points @Stakesarehigh and @jarntt are raising about eventually having to pay the piper are true.

My sense is, yes, the cap will go up and that will lessen the blow some, but there will be a point where there is a lot of dead money on the Philly cap as a result of what they are doing now.

However, if they win another one, I doubt anyone will care. It all comes down to whether they succeed at winning another ring in the coming years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are doing all they can to try to win one more ring in the current window, and as a fan you can't complain, even if you know some of the points @Stakesarehigh and @jarntt are raising about eventually having to pay the piper are true.

My sense is, yes, the cap will go up and that will lessen the blow some, but there will be a point where there is a lot of dead money on the Philly cap as a result of what they are doing now.

However, if they win another one, I doubt anyone will care. It all comes down to whether they succeed at winning another ring in the coming years.

Just win baby

Browns are doing much the same (not quite as egregious) so I can't say much on that end. And obviously the Eagles have been more successful with it lol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Hurts plays like he played last year, in this ridiculous environment of HUGE QB salaries, the deal will end up a good one for Philly regardless of when they take their cap hit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dead cap can be pushed and spread out until the Hurts window closes. The thing Howie’s regime needs to do better is identify young talent better. The way you make this system work is to have cheap replacement level players when your starters get signed away. We will see if cheap guys like Nakobe Dean, Cam Jurgens, and Milton Williams can step up and perform roles of players lost. The last couple drafts have been better as Howie has zoned in (finally!) on the SEC but this is still an area to watch.

My ideal draft is for the Eagles to trade back from 10 to the 14-18 range and select Alabama S Brian Branch. Then they take the trade compensation and use it to trade up from 30 to around 22-24 to select Bijon. You get two 5 year contracts at a position the Eagles don’t place a high investment priority in. You get 4 years out of them. Pick up their 5th year option and then shop them for draft capital in that last year. Neither position is worth committing to a 2nd contract.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame the philly homers don't have a team board to voice the over the top bull shit.
This is a Hurts thread started by a Rams fan. Don’t click on it if you don’t want to have it rubbed in your face that the Eagles are a better run organization than Jimmah’s.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a Hurts thread started by a Rams fan. Don’t click on it if you don’t want to have it rubbed in your face that the Eagles are a better run organization than Jimmah’s.
The post is sound coach bullshit. Pick a thread dickhead.
You guys need a team thread.
Cmon Harold, set one up for these blowhards.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post is sound coach bullshit. Pick a thread dickhead.
You guys need a team thread.
Cmon Harold, set one up for these blowhards.
^^^^ A bitter old man yelling at clouds.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are doing all they can to try to win one more ring in the current window, and as a fan you can't complain, even if you know some of the points.
Win another and Kelce, Cox and Lane go to the HoF. It's about more than just being good. Have to seal the deal and to do that you need resources. It's a shame the Robert Quinn trade didn't move the needle because that 4th rounder is a hole in our resource pile.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol great response to the guy that has to remind us everyday how bitter he is.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol great response to the guy that has to remind us everyday how bitter he is.
I’m worried about him. (Not really I don’t give a fuck). He’s miserable every day. I would have to work damn hard to be perpetually miserable.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to put Pday on ignore because I just come here to have fun and talk football and he really gets angry and personal.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are we sure the window is even narrow for the Eagles in the NFC? Might be more like a reloading. Very few legit teams in the NFC. Current window could be open for a while.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Rams as an example of a team that mortgaged the future--successfully. They won a ring! I doubt any Rams fans are crying about how they mortgaged the future. The risk is doing that and still losing, which can happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m officially making this an Eagles thread for us where we can drop all our Eagles stuff.

Here’s my perfect draft. I cross checked all of these with the draft pick value chart most teams used credited to Jimmy Johnson.
Eagles trade the 10 pick to the Steelers who send back the 17 pick and 49 pick everybody says Steelers are interested in Carter should he fall. It’s a smoke screen for them to take Gonzalez or Witherspoon or Porter Jr. They don’t need 9 and in order to trade back Chicago is going to want next year’s one from Pittsburgh.

With pick 17 Eagles select Brian Branch S Alabama

Howie then gets on the phone with Minnesota at pick 23 and the Eagles send pick 30 and 94 to move up.

With the 23rd pick Eagles select Bijon Robinson.

Howie then buys two picks on credit for talent that the scouts really liked to provide depth. They send a 2024 3rd for a 2023 4th. They send a 2024 4th to get a 2023 5th.

Eagles then have left 49,62, a 4th, a 5th, and two 7ths. From that group they draft DT, Edge, IOL, TE, LB, and CB.

It’s time to break the mold. After this season, Howie can go back to “you win on the line of scrimmage”. As it is, I’m providing a path to draft 2 DL projects and 1 IOL project. This is golden because the team is ready to win now. Branch and Bijou are pound for pound two of the best prospects in this draft but they don’t play round 1 positions in most team’s eyes. This is perfect because the Eagles have flexibility with the 5 year 1st round deal. They can get 4 years of great play from both and then reassess signability and cap flexibility. Prior to year five you can send them out for draft capital slightly better than what you’d get for compensatory picks. Both guys will be young and looking for their first big contract. Or if the player really works out you can pay one or both.

This is my dream draft. The trade back and trade up has Howie written all over it. My selections with the picks is the antithesis of who Howie has been though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has tapped into nearly every revenue source possible, bit by bit. Live attendance, cable, and all the major internet sites like Amazon, YTube, and so on. How do they further increase revenues going forward long term?
Selling ads on jerseys. Selling ads on everything. This holding call is brought to you by progressive insurance, it’s on number 72 who is brought to you by Meta, it will be placed on the Dicks sporting good yard line.