• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hurts getting paid

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore the second line, that wasn't my point, just where I saw the Hurts quote

Can't stand Hurts. Every time I listen to him or read his quotes it makes me like and respect him more and more. Makes me feel dirty :puke:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until they turn on you, lol. All that passion flows with the tide.
The good with the bad. That’s what comes with playing in a real sports city. Philly fans during the World Series is why Trae Turner is a Phillie.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good with the bad. That’s what comes with playing in a real sports city. Philly fans during the World Series is why Trae Turner is a Phillie.

Trae Turner wanted back on the East coast well before the World Series. Mets have Lindor. Which team he ultimately left for doesn't matter much to Dodger fans, but I think $$$ and available spot at SS probably played a big factor to becoming a Phillie.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae Turner wanted back on the East coast well before the World Series. Mets have Lindor. Which team he ultimately left for doesn't matter much to Dodger fans, but I think $$$ and available spot at SS probably played a big factor to becoming a Phillie.
I’m just going by what the man said.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just going by what the man said.

Sure, could've been a factor. I always assumed it would be Mets or Phillies when he said he was going back East, but maybe if not Phillies he would've reconsidered? Doesn't matter now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until they turn on you, lol. All that passion flows with the tide.
He already had a lot of bad. He's moved passed it and shown up on the field. Easy for the city to believe in a guy that believes in bettering himself.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the deal on how Option bonuses work? Obviously this is where Howie is working his cap magic right now.Hurts contract.PNG
Also obviously the Eagles hope Hurts doesnt pull a Wentz & flame out. But also kinda needs Hurts not only to fulfill his contract but get extended to not get killed in the cap after his contract ends. granted this is a very ingenious cap relief for the next 6 years.

but if Hurts leaves March of 2027. the dead cap will actually be 106.5 mil
If Hurts get to the end of this contract after 2028, the dead cap would be 86.5 mil. if he doesnt resign with the eagles.

I have to admit. This is one of the strangest contracts I have seen.
My 1st thought was to wonder if he signed a Kaepernick type contract. but no. The Eagles are stuck with him. No easy way out. Kaepernick was like a series of one year contracts. This contract is completely committed to Hurts. Kinda like the Chiefs with Mahomes.

While seems super horrible if Hurts leaves early or doesnt extend. (which it would be) they relieve their cap for 6 years while the cost is one horrible cap year down the road.

I dont know how the rules work with these option bonuses, but now that it is out there. pretty much will make Salary caps useless IMO.
We just witnessed spreading a 5 year contract out 9 years.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post is sound coach bullshit. Pick a thread dickhead.
You guys need a team thread.
Cmon Harold, set one up for these blowhards.

But it's okay for you all to bump Deshaun Watson threads for months

Funny how it turns when it's your guy catching shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the deal on how Option bonuses work? Obviously this is where Howie is working his cap magic right now.View attachment 327053
Also obviously the Eagles hope Hurts doesnt pull a Wentz & flame out. But also kinda needs Hurts not only to fulfill his contract but get extended to not get killed in the cap after his contract ends. granted this is a very ingenious cap relief for the next 6 years.

If Hurts get to the end of this contract after 2028, the dead cap would be 86.5 mil. if he doesnt resign with the eagles.

My 1st thought was to wonder if he signed a Kaepernick type contract. but no. The Eagles are stuck with him. No easy way out. Kaepernick was like a series of one year contracts. This contract is completely committed to Hurts. Kinda like the Chiefs with Mahomes.

While seems super horrible if Hurts leaves early or doesnt extend. (which it would be) they relieve their cap for 6 years while the cost is one horrible cap year down the road.

I dont know how the rules work with these option bonuses, but now that it is out there. pretty much will make Salary caps useless IMO.
That’s why I have been saying all along that the cap is mirage because it can be so easily manipulated. The level of commitment shown to Mahomes in KC is what Philly has dont for Hurts. They’re married to him beyond this contract as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the deal on how Option bonuses work? Obviously this is where Howie is working his cap magic right now.View attachment 327053

Howie has done this for years but the size of this contract really gives him more leeway to play games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie has done this for years but the size of this contract really gives him more leeway to play games.
The major difference is that built into the contract already is what would happen with a renegotiation every season. Now the cap room is already there and they don’t have to wait for NFL calendar dates when things kick in or the timetable in a renegotiation before cap can become available for FA. It just streamlines that process.