• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hurts contract extension decision

What do you do if you’re the Eagles

• The 2023 draft is the QB of the future with 2 2023 1st, 2 2023 2nds and 2024 1st to move up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the common problem in the NFL, give one player 25% of the cap and you cannot build a team around him.
Eventually they are going to make one contract cap exempt or raise it 50 million. Why not? Eagles also sitting at 57 million in dead cap money.

At least Hurts actually proved what he could do and was not just paid the "if he got it, I deserve it" 60 million.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if they let Hurts walk? Probably not...because no team in their right mind would given the circumstances.
Agreed. Now am I gonna say he's the best in the league? No. But he's certainly got enough talent and upside to be worthy of locking him down for the future...

Using Mahomes as my example (I'll take your hate barbs now lol) as crazy as his contract sounded at the time, it was well worth it and can always be renegotiated...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Now am I gonna say he's the best in the league? No. But he's certainly got enough talent and upside to be worthy of locking him down for the future...

Using Mahomes as my example (I'll take your hate barbs now lol) as crazy as his contract sounded at the time, it was well worth it and can always be renegotiated...
Haha...nothing but mad respect for Mahomes.

His wife...now that's another story.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hurts contract may prove to be a big mistake, if he is simply not that good. It seems that the contract also backfired because Hurts reportedly felt the pressure of high expectations afterward. There were some reports that it affected his game.

My big issue with Hurts right now is turnovers. He plays too much hero ball and gets sacked or fumbles. He needs to get the ball out way more quickly. He's one of the worst at holding the ball in the NFL. Some of the people analyzing the play calling believes some of this is actually Sirianni's fault though, that he's calling a lot of plays that take a long time to develop.